Would it be possible to make new sections

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Would it be possible to make new sections

Post by Lucky » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 am

It might just be me, but I'm sick of having to dig through discussions about religion and politics in both the "Other Web Sites" section, and the "Other" section. Would it be to much to ask if we could move it all to a section detected to discussions of religion and politics?

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: Would it be possible to make new sections

Post by mojo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:16 am

why dig through anything ever? i always just use 'view new posts'. also, do we even have enough political and religious discussion for that to make sense? i asked donner a religious question the other day and he was amazed by it.
i would like more, personally.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:08 am

Even though activity has increased on this forum over the last three years, it's still not enough to justify the creation of so many sections when one will do.
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:33 am

i think we should have a 'no rules' section. people could vent to their heart's content, argue with complete disregard for any sort of courtesy, and anyone who didn't want to be subjected to it could simply not go there.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 am

threads that were judged to be troll threads could be sent there as well, without ruining swst's-- i mean, without ruining anyone's fun.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 am

That is what ASVS's whole board is for, isn't it?
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am

I'm under the impression that much of the activity in "Other" has been about politics, religion, and news for quite some time. If politics & religion are moved to a new section, would there really be much left in "Other"?

That said, we should probably move around a few threads that are in the wrong sections to concentrate them. "Other websites" really is more about other VS-related websites, and discussion about the EU probably belongs with the rest of the political discussions.
mojo wrote:i think we should have a 'no rules' section. people could vent to their heart's content, argue with complete disregard for any sort of courtesy, and anyone who didn't want to be subjected to it could simply not go there.
There's a zone for that on the wiki, oddly enough. Nobody has ever used it.

If there's some real demand for a new section, one can be made easily enough.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

we would need at least a hundred active members to justify a new section

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:21 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:I'm under the impression that much of the activity in "Other" has been about politics, religion, and news for quite some time. If politics & religion are moved to a new section, would there really be much left in "Other"?

That said, we should probably move around a few threads that are in the wrong sections to concentrate them. "Other websites" really is more about other VS-related websites, and discussion about the EU probably belongs with the rest of the political discussions.
mojo wrote:i think we should have a 'no rules' section. people could vent to their heart's content, argue with complete disregard for any sort of courtesy, and anyone who didn't want to be subjected to it could simply not go there.
There's a zone for that on the wiki, oddly enough. Nobody has ever used it.

If there's some real demand for a new section, one can be made easily enough.
the interesting thing about that is that you explained the wiki as the main purpose of the site when it began. if it was a good enough idea back then, isn't it a good enough idea now? what would it take, five minutes? imagine if there were never again a flaming problem.
i admit my desire to see this happen is mainly focused on the fact that i could then let loose my craziness in all it's glory without being banned, however.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, we can put such a thing to a vote and see if it's wanted or not.