Holy... f*cking... shit.

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Khas
Starship Captain

Holy... f*cking... shit.

Post by Khas » Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 am

Okay, there seriously needs to be stuff done about KSW, SWST, and possibly mojo as well. They have literally turned this board into a battleground. When I joined, this was one of the politest boards I'd ever joined. Now look at it. Troll Kingdom on a bad day isn't as insane as this. As for what should be done, I don't just mean bans. I mean some accounts should be deleted for all this batshit craziness. Either that, or set up a "Brig", a forum for those "thrown in", meaning they can only post in there. Seriously, this is just getting too outrageous.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Holy... f*cking... shit.

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 24, 2011 3:13 am

while I';m with you that something needs to be done about these jokers I think making this place into a mini SDN aint it

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 am

*looks at latest sockpuppets*

Okay, seriously, we're making Troll Kingdom look like a bastion of civility. That is quite an accomplishment, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed May 25, 2011 5:20 am

this has gone fucking crazy...seriously khas has a point at this junction action needs to be taken

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed May 25, 2011 5:42 am

This really doesn't help anything, either. If you have a suggestion, I recommend sending a PM to JMS over this. He's the only one who can take higher levels of action above and beyond what Praeothmin and I have already done.
-Mike

User1629
Candidate

Post by User1629 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 am

i've always had reaaaaaaaaal bad impulse control when it comes to humor. if something strikes me as funny, i can't NOT do it. but i actually didn't know that people are starting to 'despise' me. like posting the lyrics to that lonely island song across multiple threads in a starwarsstartrek disguise. it seemed absolutely hilarious to me, and what's more, it seemed like a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch weaker attack than most i've thrown at swst with absolutely no negative consequences. it really was meant to be just a prank that would confuse and possibly generate lulz. it succeeded beyond anything i had expected in that regard in a thread that contained this gem (paraphrased):

St4rW4rsSt4rTr3k:
YO STRAIGHT OUT THE BOX WITH MY SOGGY LITTLE SHRIMP
I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD BEFORE THE DOCTOR FOUND MY DICK

Random Board Member:
please calm down swst.

regardless of how weird my sense of humor is, surely people besides me can see the funny in a board member accepting without comment the idea that SWST would make up and post a rap about how tiny his wang is, as if this was totally in character for him and required no discussion.
anyway, the fact that even breetai thinks i went too far is enough to make me stop and think about it. eventually. so if i can get word from jms that there's no room for my 'weird' humor here i will immediately leave his board. otherwise i continue on course for lulzville.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:This really doesn't help anything, either. If you have a suggestion, I recommend sending a PM to JMS over this. He's the only one who can take higher levels of action above and beyond what Praeothmin and I have already done.
-Mike
well you can start by telling preao to back off from me and any one else that calls SWST out because simply put the reason things have gotten this bad is because nothing definitive and final has been done about him

KSW as well but the mans more a minor annoyance well he was until he started with the wang jokes (though that brought lulz that was low man)

reverendbutterworth wrote:
St4rW4rsSt4rTr3k:
YO STRAIGHT OUT THE BOX WITH MY SOGGY LITTLE SHRIMP
I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD BEFORE THE DOCTOR FOUND MY DICK

Random Board Member:
please calm down swst.

regardless of how weird my sense of humor is, surely people besides me can see the funny in a board member accepting without comment the idea that SWST would make up and post a rap about how tiny his wang is, as if this was totally in character for him and required no discussion.
I admit I tried to stay out of this but when picard replied like that I LOL'd
reverendbutterworth wrote: anyway, the fact that even breetai thinks i went too far is enough to make me stop and think about it. eventually. so if i can get word from jms that there's no room for my 'weird' humor here i will immediately leave his board. otherwise i continue on course for lulzville.
I think the fact that they tolerate my more gentle handed lulzy posts is proof that our brand of humor has a place here...when it's not harming the forum that is. I would like to see you come back eventually but as it stands I really do enjoy it here occasional bizzaro evil flanders standards of the mods aside... so I have resisted hard the urge to troll along side you...and will continue to do so

it has been amusing but simply put my brother you have crossed down a bridge I cannot follow Image may your journey take you back here for soft core lulz when the mods allow it..until then happy hunting Mojo

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

reverendbutterworth wrote: so if i can get word from jms that there's no room for my 'weird' humor here i will immediately leave his board.
I haven't found your recent antics funny.

User1630
Welcome the new member!

Post by User1630 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

not that you've ever found ANY of my antics funny.. but ok. i'm out!

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:well you can start by telling preao to back off from me and any one else that calls SWST out because simply put the reason things have gotten this bad is because nothing definitive and final has been done about him
Then simply follow the advice I gave you:
-Ignore him;

or

-Point out, with one or two examples, what it is that he did which makes you feel he's been dishonest.
See, Breetai, your posts (yours and SWSTs) are so long, not everyone can read through them all and see everything you said you saw as far as dishonest debating is concerned.
And then ignore him...

Mike did issue two warnings to SWST when he did notice some dishonesty, so something is being done about it...
It may not be as fast or as hard as you'd like, but it's being done nonetheless...

As for why do we "tolerate dishonesty more than insults", it simply boils down to:
Insults are easy to spot, while dishonesty in debates means you have to read every single post one makes.
SWST and you post a lot, and I can't read everything in detail, and I'm sure I missed some insults here and there too...
So you see, if we cannot read all arguments, we cannot conlude in dishonesty from one member, while reading "Fuck you asshole" is pretty explicit in its intent... ;)

And I have nothing against you, Breetai, SFJ was a nice, calm place, and I want it to remain that way, and while you normally are calm, SWST seems to be able to rile you up a lot... ;)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:well you can start by telling preao to back off from me and any one else that calls SWST out because simply put the reason things have gotten this bad is because nothing definitive and final has been done about him
Well to be fair Mike and Praeothmin are only human and they've had their workload what...increase by 500% compared to only a month or two ago? Opening up a sludgematch with another poster, regardless if he/she deserves it or not, ends up not helping and likely furthers the goal of the poster you're fighting with.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu May 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Then simply follow the advice I gave you:
-Ignore him;
why? look I like the fact that he represents an opposing view to the mostly trek board and that he is more active then well all of you guys put together..but he's not contributing anything positive and if he were allowed free reign who knows how much activity would drop while this board needs new members not so much so

or
Praeothmin wrote:-Point out, with one or two examples, what it is that he did which makes you feel he's been dishonest
we've all done this he dismisses it and then claims we never did anything your asking us to continue a futile gesture that's pointless
Praeothmin wrote: See, Breetai, your posts (yours and SWSTs) are so long, not everyone can read through them all and see everything you said you saw as far as dishonest debating is concerned.
And then ignore him...
Mith and Trinoya are much more detailed and longer then ours and every one follows them myself included
Praeothmin wrote:Mike did issue two warnings to SWST when he did notice some dishonesty, so something is being done about it...
It may not be as fast or as hard as you'd like, but it's being done nonetheless...
he just BS'd again mike called him out on it but didn't infract him

Praeothmin wrote: As for why do we "tolerate dishonesty more than insults", it simply boils down to:
Insults are easy to spot, while dishonesty in debates means you have to read every single post one makes.
SWST and you post a lot, and I can't read everything in detail, and I'm sure I missed some insults here and there too...
your problem is assuming that SWST is a skilled liar he isn't it's very blatantly obvious when he does it so again I ask 'why"
Praeothmin wrote: So you see, if we cannot read all arguments, we cannot conlude in dishonesty from one member, while reading "Fuck you asshole" is pretty explicit in its intent... ;)
while that's certainly true and in my case I'll admit I tend to shoot first when I note trolling as opposed to wait and gradually loose patience like every one else most of your guys have the patience of a saint and yet they've clearly lost it here

Praeothmin wrote: And I have nothing against you, Breetai, SFJ was a nice, calm place, and I want it to remain that way, and while you normally are calm, SWST seems to be able to rile you up a lot... ;)
maybe theres a problem with the way I do things but I was brought on a part of the VS debate forum that sorta encouraged the "if they're using the rules to as a shield to escape retribution and the mods don't want to compromise themselves ethically then it falls upon those members who feel so inclined to counter as viscously as possible within the rules the offenders arguments and never let up until they either loose it and get themselves banned or leave of their own choosing" maybe that's frowned on here..but c'mon this gets crazy
sonofccn wrote:Well to be fair Mike and Praeothmin are only human and they've had their workload what...increase by 500% compared to only a month or two ago? Opening up a sludgematch with another poster, regardless if he/she deserves it or not, ends up not helping and likely furthers the goal of the poster you're fighting with.
I suppose so but I mean we've already lost one member because of this

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Thu May 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Khas wrote:*looks at latest sockpuppets*

Okay, seriously, we're making Troll Kingdom look like a bastion of civility. That is quite an accomplishment, and I don't mean that in a good way.
None of those sockpuppets were made by me. Show me a single instance in which I out of nowhere insult someone. You can't.

Show me a single instance in which I respond to a request for evidence with:

"lol no"

You can't.

So stop sniping at me with irrational, unsupported accusations. You say "maybe" mojo when he makes sock puppet accounts with the sole intention of flaming others, and when he accuses me of masturbating to Wong's wife, yet say definitely me because...because...because I use supposed "dishonest" debating tactics! Oh, the horror!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 am

you lying Mojo did not accuse you of that stop lying KSW did

lastly it's not supposed you stand guilty and stop trying to deflect shit onto me I respond with LOL no towards you when you either A) Lie at which point theres no reason to do any more then laugh b) say something fundamentally ignorant of the fiction your analyzing or C) do exactly what your doing in your new thread

in all those instances it';s justified if you wish for more replies with substance stop doing what your doing

also no ones accusing you of sock puppeting but you are the reason why Mojo did it at least..you one of the parties at fault for that

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 27, 2011 3:38 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:also no ones accusing you of sock puppeting but you are the reason why Mojo did it at least..you one of the parties at fault for that
Actually, only Mojo is responsible for sock-puppeting, SWST did not push him to it, no matter what you want to believe...