FUCKIT!

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: FUCKIT!

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:04 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
The Dude wrote:Why do they always break out "fag" as if being gay is some sort of ultimate insult?

I have to laugh though, the mods are part of the reason why no one joins? We've had mods for all of a month!
Because, well, there are homosexuals who absolutely hate being called gays.
The overtly effeminate gay shoved down the throats of society with all those "prides" and what have you thing is quite a new thing.

And also because it's a stupid word.
Faggot and gay ect were pretty common insults when i was a teen (20 years ago), i dunno how common they are with teens nowadays though.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 am

Seems pretty common on the 'net but I don't much hear it in person anymore. Maybe my age group (30's) grew out of it.

Mith
Starship Captain

Post by Mith » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 pm

The Dude wrote:Seems pretty common on the 'net but I don't much hear it in person anymore. Maybe my age group (30's) grew out of it.
Homosexual jokes are the rage when you're around 14-20 because that's when identified homosexuals get the outing in high school. Sorta like calling someone a nerd. Somewhere between 18-22 most people grow out of it, but some never do.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 am

Funny thing is, I don't care when internet people I've never met insult me.
I like to point out when they act as dumb as they say I do, but I really could not care less about some unknown person in front of his/her PC flinging insults at me, because these people do not matter one iota in my life...
Even people I know have to go to great lengths to insult me, or irate me, and they matter to me, so imagine a self-obsessed kid whom I know nothing about...

I will call someone who doesn't follow the rules out, for example, I was going to warn Mith publically about his post, because it was against the rules.
Had Mith had a habit of insulting people, the warning would have been official, and then tallied, because it's against the rules, but none of this is personal...

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
The Dude wrote:Why do they always break out "fag" as if being gay is some sort of ultimate insult?

I have to laugh though, the mods are part of the reason why no one joins? We've had mods for all of a month!
Because, well, there are homosexuals who absolutely hate being called gays.
The overtly effeminate gay shoved down the throats of society with all those "prides" and what have you thing is quite a new thing.

And also because it's a stupid word.
You can be such a fag sometimes, Mr. O.