Enforcement Policy: KrikSkywalker / SarahStar

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Enforcement Policy: KrikSkywalker / SarahStar

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm

You know what's even funnier?
The fact that he never learns...
Had the "Lucky-duck" part been his first insult, I would have asked him not to repeat, and let it slide, but the fact is he's just an annoying, insulting little kid, who in all his many incarnations kept insulting people who disagreed with him, only with a bit more restraints in his later incarnations.
He has now discovered proxy addresses, which allows him to come back and continue debating like a kid used to having his way, barely restraining himself in the insults department and never accepting to be contradicted...

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 am

Praeothmin, really, I'm surprised at you. I would have loved to have this guy at ASVS. Mojo is right. Guy's funny.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:11 am

also, i most seriously disagree with 'lucky-duck' being an insult in the first place!

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:12 am

mojo wrote:also, i most seriously disagree with 'lucky-duck' being an insult in the first place!
The hell? You're not offended by "lucky-duck"?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:09 am

considering i would at least have gone with 'fucky' right off the top of my head, and that's not at all clever, i think lucky-duck was just a joke.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:15 am

mojo wrote:considering i would at least have gone with 'fucky' right off the top of my head, and that's not at all clever, i think lucky-duck was just a joke.
Sadly, that is where I would have gone with it, as well.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Well, the debate style being identical to KSW, according to the rules, since SpaceWizard is a sockpuppet account of KSW, it gest banned permanently.
KSW, for his infractions, and upon getting his fourth warning, gets banned for four months.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:09 pm

that's a shame I actually kinda liked having him around he was the only one eager enough to share in the work load of dealing with SWSt even though he went a little over board being a patronizing..raging troll some times

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Wow, banned within 12 days. I hate to put it this way... but... is this a record for him? Is he actively trying to get banned?
Admiral Breetai wrote:that's a shame I actually kinda liked having him around he was the only one eager enough to share in the work load of dealing with SWSt even though he went a little over board being a patronizing..raging troll some times
We've all been "sharing the workload" where SWST is concerned. Over-enthusiasm isn't a problem, either. However going around blatently insulting and baiting people just because they asked for sources and or evidence to back up his (KSW's) ideas, or just because they disagree with him. That's what gets him into trouble. The board rules, as set up by JMS, are fairly simple and straight-forward. We don't enforce an artifical "Star Trek is Superior to Star Wars and all Others" and vice versa, like SDN and SBC currently do with SW as part of our rules. Not even unoffically. Otherwise people like Kane Starkiller, Ted C, and SWST would have been banned on some pretext a long time ago. It's all about behavior. Be most excellent to one another. That's it. That's all we ask. It doesn't get any simpler.
-Mike
Last edited by Mike DiCenso on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 pm

And just like any other ruling, if you feel we have been unfair, take it up to JMS, who will rap us on the knuckles if we've been bad...

This sentence may look harsh, and it might have been had KSW been a new user, but he's been warned at least a dozen fo different times, about his behavior and sockpuppets, and he still does it, so he deserves no leniency, IMO...

Unlike you, Ad. Breetai, would've been here for a few months, received 2 warnings, and then spent 2 months being nice and polite, basically following the rules...
You learned, why can't KSW?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Be most excellent to one another.
-Mike
If we had a rep system, I'd posrep you for the Bill and Ted reference.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:that's a shame I actually kinda liked having him around he was the only one eager enough to share in the work load of dealing with SWSt even though he went a little over board being a patronizing..raging troll some times
I like him as well it is hard not to when he has so much passion for the stuff, has obviously done a reasonable amount of research ect and is willing to fight for his corner.

I understand the bans ect but i find it hard to actually dislike the dude, in fact it is the way he keeps returning and going on that i think is part of his appeal.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 pm

As I said before, enthusiasm, or holding fast to an idea is not grounds for being banned here. It's poor behavior towards others. If KSW wants to get all rude and crude with those who disagree with him, he should just consider going over to ASVS' forum where he can call people names and worse all the live long day and not get banned for it.
-Mike

User1603
Candidate

Post by User1603 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:36 am

mojo is a shit

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:37 am

HEY!