General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 pm

There's no "weirdness" Mojo in asking you to tell whomever it is to stop trolling the board. I thought I'd made that clear to you, and by asking it in a roundabout fashion that I was, I thought I was being nice in giving you an out. Save face if you will by not implicating you. But since in you've admitted in a way that you and your brother essentially planned all this, it remains to be seen what comes of this.

And to be honest, we still only have your word that this was your brother and that you've got a son with an account here. Your sockpuppeting ways backfire on you, even if you're telling the truth, and it doesn't help when the same IP address or very similar ones keep coming up over and over again.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
TheRainKing777 wrote:I guess I've had my fun. I can't really take the subject matter of this board seriously and I don't really want to jeopardize Mojo's fun so I'll bow out. A week's entertainment is enough for me as far as this stuff goes anyway. No hard feelings, I just don't really see any point in staying if my very presence and attempt at entertainment wrinkles all your stockings.. That and I'm bored here.

However, I will be watching for you Mike Dicenso. Someday this board will need a freedom fighter again and I will return.

Yours Truly,

The Once and Future King
I never really intended the "informative" part to apply to general-topic posting or the Art and Stories sections, just the sections dedicated to debate. (How can postings in Stories / RP be informative? I think they're mostly just intended to entertain.) I also never really expected the other sections to be particularly active; they would be if a large community had grown up around SFJ, but I always recognized that as optimistic, even during the periods where I made some tentative efforts to promote the board on other online communities.

The more somber nature of this board and the relatively slow-paced nature of the community are tied, I think. Communities, as a rule, do tend to become more uniform over time; it's a tendency I've tried to avoid, but it's a lot of work. Since my approach to the debate has been dry, it's no surprise that the community that coalesced around SFJ is a fairly serious-minded one.
There is nothing wrong with people having a sense of humor. The problem arises when things get so disruptive that nothing productive gets accomplished. Also I would point out that SFJN's board was a good counterpoint to ASVS. If you want to discuss things in am mostly serious, almost academic-like forum for Versus debates and other unrelated topics without the threat of a Wongian-style dictatorship, this was the place to go. If you want insane fun and to openly flame people and say whatever you wanted and post whatever you wanted, that is what Ty's ASVS board was for. But it seems that the latter's approach to things hasn't worked out as well as Ty had hoped because almost no debating got done, just people flaming and bashing each other. So now as Ty remarked in the Brian Young thread, instead of shutting ASVS down, he's going to tighten up the rules and go for a somewhat more serious approach, which in turn was pointed out to him is also self-defeating since what would be the difference between ASVS and SFJN other than the name and the format graphics?
-Mike

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Look Mike,

I was going to stay out of this because I really wanted to be done with you and with this board but you are going to insane levels to implicate someone who clearly stated his position multiple times, has at NO TIME made any effort to deceive anyone here and has even been putting other people's personal information on this board to reiterate his case that he, Airlocke and I are not the same person. Your focus on him is borderline harassment and I'm pretty sure that violates like 4 board rules. I've taken the time to meticulously go through and report you for every violation I've seen of this tyranny of yours and I seriously hope that there's someone above you and Trinoya who can look at this objectively and see whats going on here.

Mojo is trying to hold onto his innocence in this case and you seem to be denying him even that which seems to me to be a clear passion in the chance that he'll be ejected from the site completely with some sort of permanent ban. As I don't really care whether I'm banned or not all I want to see come out of this is some sort of finality in this instance. This feud, this hatred you have of him is clearly stated throughout the years and if there is some objective personality that views the reports I've made against you than they'll understand that. I don't think that you can view Mojo objectively anymore and I would go as far as to say that Trinoya can't either seeing as how you two clearly have some other relationship if you're not the same person which to me seems entirely likely. Everything you say is guised in the idea that you are some mechanical, completely objective personality when anyone who looks at your actions on this thread alone will be able to tell that once someone crosses a line once in your mind you never allow them any recompense. Instead you do everything you can to drive them out as you have pretty much done with me. Well, Mojo doesn't seem like he's willing to give up as easily as I had.

Although I don't think he's come out and said it, I think you should be demoted. Your judgement is clearly lacking throughout even this thread alone. I will be talking to any superior to you that I can find to make this case and if they deny it than so be it. I will make phone calls if I must to prove that Mojo and I are separate people.

This has gotten way out of hand.

Always Keeping You Informed,

TheRainKing777

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 pm

RainKing, whoever you are, there is no hatred here. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as I have with Mojo, that you are who you both claim you are. You claim I have an insane hatred of Mojo over "years". Yet nothing could be further from the truth as Mojo has been on this board about 6 years, yet in most of that time neither he nor I have come to grips over anything until SWST's appearance a year and half ago, and if you kindly look at the threads relating to it, Mojo instigated a bizarre series of trolling attacks, first on Praeothmin and later, most especially on myself, and then smeared the rest of the board with his vendetta despite the fact that I was doing a great deal to ban and later permaban SWST. But apparently that was not enough, as I had hoped that when SWST and KSW were permabanned, everyone would cool down and we could then go back to business as before.

But your brother it looks like couldn't let it go.

Trinoya recently ruled on my behalf in the matter, and it looks as though Mojo has no intention of stopping any time soon, again, even after I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The matter should have been closed right then and there, and it looks as though you yourself cannot let go. Witness your equally odd explosion at my simply and politely asking you to refrain from taking a thread off-topic, which when you did your childish act of making that thread intended to provoke me, you then dragged your brother into this even further and made it seem as though he'd created yet another sock puppet. Again, our (both Trinoya's and mine's) vaild speculation of this was based on the exhibited behavior. All the evidenced pointed towards it as it fit his past M.O..

The impression I get is that your brother is a very sore loser and he drew you and Airlocke into this as means to create a way to get back at me.
-Mike

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Mr. DiCenso,

Again you're compiling accusations against people and hurling insults. Things you might find 'childish', others might find compelling or even humorous but because you can't stand anyone having even the slightest entertainment if it is not aligned with your idea of what entertainment should be, you of course retaliate in anger and frustration because in your world you see yourself as some just hero.

I beg to differ. You see I have poured over this thread the past few days because it seemed that the accusations against you did seem a little over the top and sometimes even unfair. That investigation led me to other threads where it seems that your authority over others had led you to default judgements of character that are insulting and degrading. So you can understand how my instinct is to be upset with you. When I see others being bullied, I don't like to stand idly by and watch. Your behavior although disguised as objective is far from it. You ignore accusations, you play at being an authority figure and you actively take pleasure in degrading others when their opinions and ideas don't line up with yours.

I've sent out multiple messages and requests that others look through the threads at your behavior and judge for themselves and express that to this thread and to your only authority that I can find here which would be Spock. I am not satisfied that you and Trinoya are not the same person so I cannot in good conscience take his judgement as satisfactory as that would be you judging yourself and that would not be objective.

Call me what you will, Mr.DiCenso, the truth is coming and a judgement will fall on you I think sooner rather than later. Your picking people out and dragging them through the mud is going to stop. Just because we aren't all your friend, that's no reason to make fun and single us out.

Always Keeping You Informed,

TheRainKing777

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 10:46 pm

No one is bullying anyone, RainKing. And you are right to question if Trinoya and I are possibly one and the same. But it won't take very long at all to deal with that matter as JMS can quickly inform you.

If this last post of yours has told me anything, it is that you and your brother love creating villains out of windmills so that you can charge full speed ahead in fine quixotic fashion. Mojo could have prevented all of this a year ago by staying out of the way and doing as Mr. Oragahn and others on this board did by helping document SWST's behavior.

As for entertainment, politely asking you to refrain from thread hijacking and to take a very off-topic subject to where it's appropriate. That is all there is to it. You then childishly attacked me on a personal level rather than do the mature thing. Or at the very least, you failed to PM me in private and explain yourself. Furthermore, you fail to take responsibility for having endangered your brother's already tenuous standing what with it coming so soon on the heels of a ban for committing similar behavior.

I've been understanding and polite as I possibly can here and have not taken any action beyond those the board rules and my duties as a moderator require of me. I have had numerous opportunities to permaban your brother (and you), with or without JMS' or Praeothmins, or Trinoya's approval. In cases where I was concerned my judgement might be impaired, I have asked JMS and other staff to look at the situation. In the clear majority of cases, they have found on my behalf.

The best thing is let this go and go have a cold one IRL. It's not worth it.
-Mike

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Mr.DiCenso,

So in other words, I'm a bad person and you are going to be right despite what other people think or what the truth of the matter is.

Firstly, Mojo's actions are not my responsibility. What he's done here before my arrival had nothing to do with me one way or another. Despite this and it would seem in spite of him, you decide that because he and I know each other outside of this board I am immediately guilty by association and believe it or not that is bullying. You singled him out and decided that anyone in any way associated with him is bad and deserves to be singled out as well.

Your threats also have no pull or sway over me simply because I don't really care one way or another whether I'm banned or not so unlike Mojo, I can speak my mind and speak the uncensored truth about you without fear of reprisal.

There are some clear and simple facts here that you can't deny. 1. You don't like Mojo. 2. You have an opinion of people who know him personally that will not be swayed. 3. Your position of authority has gone to your head and you wield it toward whoever you personally don't like. 4. You have ignored accusations time and time again and will probably eventually do so here because you have no viable, logical defense for your actions. 5. Can you prove you are not Trinoya to me or anyone who is not your superior? No. 6. You continue to degrade, patronize and accuse anyone who does not meet your liking.

So no, fyi I'm not threatened by your demands to.. how did you put it? "Stay out of the way". I will not stand for your insults. You attacked me as soon as you suspected I knew Mojo. You had no proof. Not even any evidence other than a few posts.

Hurling insults is not being 'understanding and polite'. If that's as polite as you can be than you're going to have a lot more problems with me. Others may sit back and take it. I will not. Your duties as a moderator do not require you to take personal vendettas out on people.

I will not do as you told me to do and let this go. Justice will find it's way to you. Go have a cold one, Mr.DiCenso. This is going to take a while.

Always Keeping You Informed,

TheRainKing777

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote: Mojo could have prevented all of this a year ago by staying out of the way and doing as Mr. Oragahn and others on this board did by helping document SWST's behavior.
I see. So what you're saying is that all this hatred for Mojo and anyone who knows him stems from the fact that he wasn't willing to do your job for you. That makes sense... Wait..

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Now you are just ranting, RainKing. You're upset because I've touched a raw nerve. That you won't take responsibility for your actions. You call me a bully, your brother goes off attacking anyone they perceive as an authority figure who does not do what they like, which is let them get away with whatever they want to do.

But you know what? While SFJN has been very easygoing about enforcement most of the time, it is not about allowing whomever to come in do whatever they like. That's what Ty's ASVS board is all about. When your brother exploded and went on a troll-fest, he got disciplined for it. He even admits it was wrong.

As for addressing your accusations, I've long done that before. I've explained all I need and my wasting time continually repeating verbatim what's already been said, and repeating Trinoya's findings is also a waste. It's there for all to see and on top of that, neither you or your brother have found all that much sympathy on the board as a whole because of that.

In fact, I see several posts from long-time posters quietly telling you that your posts weren't very funny or appreciated. Same thing for your brother.
Justice will find it's way to you
.

Is this intended as a threat?
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote: Mojo could have prevented all of this a year ago by staying out of the way and doing as Mr. Oragahn and others on this board did by helping document SWST's behavior.
I see. So what you're saying is that all this hatred for Mojo and anyone who knows him stems from the fact that he wasn't willing to do your job for you. That makes sense... Wait..
I did my job. Many times, and unfortunately Mojo got stupid and made his business mine, which in turn made me direct attention away from SWST. It's that simple.
-Mike

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Mr.DiCenso,

What are you so afraid of in letting others judge you? Just be silent and let it happen. I've sent out plenty of notifications and in time people will come here to this thread, look it over and tell us what they think. Not once in all this have I insulted you. All I've sought to do is to bring you to judgement and let justice run it's course. Instead you have gotten very uncomfortable, to the point of insulting myself and Mojo over and over. I can politely sit and allow you to go overboard, damning yourself in other's judgement if you like but know that it is entirely your own doing. Look at yourself for a moment. You're calling people stupid, flailing wildly in more accusations and remarks. Is it so scary to have people take a good look at your actions here? Are you that afraid? What is it you think they're going to find? Mostly likely they'll find exactly what I did.

In regards to others telling me I'm not funny I don't expect to please everyone. I do expect to enjoy myself and you destroyed any chance of that so instead I get to make sure you don't do it to anyone else or at least try. Who is going to support me when they're afraid of what you might do to them if they do? I'm hoping that they will have the courage in their own judgement to be honest and open in their findings. I'm not for a second saying that Mojo is innocent of every judgement that has been brought to him. I am however saying that you are not serving your duty as a moderator with clear, objective judgement and you are not alone in this. I think the tyranny should end. The funny part of all of it is as soon as it does and they have brought their judgement on you good or bad, I'll probably cease to post on this board at all as you can see my only activity is here.

I sincerely hope that you find it wise to limit your comments until others have had a chance to make their own judgements and opinions and express them. I have a strong feeling your authority here will end soon.

Always Keeping You Informed,

TheRainKing777

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5775
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

How am I flailing wildly? I have legitimately responded to you, and I have correctly reminded you that yours and your brother's accusations and what have you have all been answered. Furthermore, would also remind you have also made an accusation against Trinoya that he is a sockpuppet of mine, which Trinoya needs to address.

In fact, I've sent notification to JMS on this matter to settle it.

So I'm quite comfortable.
-Mike

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Mr.DiCenso,

I'm glad you've come to terms with your situation and I await the decision of your peers and your superiors. I do of course refute your ridiculous claims but I think that is obvious.

Always Keeping You Informed,

TheRainKing777

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 am

...
Last edited by mojo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 am

...
Last edited by mojo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply