General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed May 18, 2011 9:23 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Excuse me?
The Death Star's prime weapon unleashed unthinkable levels of raw energy capable of tearing apart entire worlds.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/superlaser/

In fairness, SWST did send me a link finally to what he was talking about with regards to the SW Databank quote. Had he provided a proper link in the first place, he would not have gotten a warning.

So I remove that mark with an apology as well as with the cavet that he be more careful next time.

However, I believe Praeo is right about SWST's incessant disregarding of other people's evidence and material, thus that should stand, and so the tally for him will continue to stand at 1 warning for for incessantly ignoring rebuttals to his arguments and repeating them over and over again without addressing them. That is more than mere obtuse behavior, that is outright dishonesty, and SWST needs to start acknowledging evidence and rebuttals. The recent activity in the Base Delta Zero thread is a perfect example of this especially SWST's ignoring of Mr. Oragahn's links.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

So then, new tallies are:

Khas = 1 warning
(for his replies to KSW)

Admiral Breetaï = 2 warnings

StarWarsStarTrek = 1 warnings
(For repeadely ignoring rebuttals to his arguments and repeating them over and over again without adressing the rebuttals)

Mr. Oragahn = 1 warning

Mith = 1 warning for this:
That's not a logical fallacy dumbass.
Directed at SWST.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 20, 2011 8:59 pm

you realize SWST did more dishonest obscuring of late hell I think Mike caught him on it last night..so how's about you give him another warning instead of infracting Mith who's reaction was totally justified

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 pm

I did call SWST out, and we'll see what he/she does. If SWST acknowledges this, then fine, and it stops, then no harm done. If not, another warning will be issued by us mods since it will be clear that he/she is not making any attempting alter their behavior, and is even revelling in it to try and troll people into blowing up at him/her.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:I did call SWST out, and we'll see what he/she does. If SWST acknowledges this, then fine, and it stops, then no harm done. If not, another warning will be issued by us mods since it will be clear that he/she is not making any attempting alter their behavior, and is even revelling in it to try and troll people into blowing up at him/her.
-Mike
you should check the recent post in the Base Delta Zero thread he's distorting quotes to prove his agenda again and got caught.. unless that does not fall under dishonesty in your eyes?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 am

Warning tally update:

StarWarsStarTrek has been issued a warning for continued blatent dishonesty in failing to address rebuttals and counterevidence provided, in this case with regards to several people's provided in the "The Death Star's power output confirmed!" thread. This brings SWST up to 2 warnings out of 4. On the recipt of the fourth he/she will be banned.
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun May 22, 2011 3:33 am

Praeothmin wrote:SWST was given a warning for his presentation of false materials, but the refusal to admit evidence is NOT against the rules.
That's called being obtuse, and the worst punishment you could all give him is to all ignore him if his behavior infuriates you so...
But we've told many, many times to cool it, and still you continue, Admiral.
Thus why you get a warning.

If you feel I've been unjust, please feel free to bring this up to JMS or Mike.
do me a favor and explain how 'refusing to admit evidence' is not breaking this rule:
'All discourse is to be reasonable, polite, and informative.'
the reason addy and i keep flipping out is because, in hoping not to be seen as overbearing and unfair, you are going waaaaaaay too far in the wrong direction. swst is harming the board's ability to debate in a reasonable manner. you have example after example of this. it's totally within your rights to tell us to STFU and mind our business, but i think all you'll get in that case is a massive spike in posts to this particular thread.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun May 22, 2011 4:00 am

really if it's needed theres the alternative of constantly responding to any post SWST makes and making a play by play nit pick of everything he says spotting out every lie..and hammering him within the confines of the rules constantly..until he has a complete melt down and gets himself banned

but that amounts to cyberbullying and I honestly hope things don't go that far

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun May 22, 2011 6:46 am

jesus man this isn't the answer..not that it isn't hilarious but come on they're gonna crack down on you hard

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 am

i want to report swst for making an obvious sockpuppet account in an even more obvious attempt to frame me for trolling whilst also using the situation to admit certain.. shortcomings.. that he would not normally feel comfortable admitting in public! i demand justice!

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 am

JUUUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun May 22, 2011 7:41 am

one of these days, man, like five years from now
when i've been banned and they've ip banned all of indiana to keep me from getting back in
somebody will say something that's clever but stupid at the same time
and somebody else will say, 'hey, remember that stupid fuck mojo? he was kinda funny.'
AND IT WILL ALL HAVE BEEN WORTH IT.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun May 22, 2011 7:43 am

which reminds me
hey 2046
i live like 20 miles from you or something like that
you gotta let me and airlocke buy you a pizza sometime!

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun May 22, 2011 4:18 pm

St4rW4rsSt4rTr3k wrote:YO I THINK THERE'S SOMETHIN' WRONG WITH MY DICK
IT'S LIKE A MELTED STICK OF BUTTER
SO SOFT THAT IT CAN'T FILL A RUBBER
I think this was unnecessary. I'm not even seeing what's funny there.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun May 22, 2011 5:44 pm

I think your supposed to parrot the mans arguments and make them a little more over the top when doing..a thing like this

although I confess I'm guilty of laughing at the mans rapping skills and rhymes