General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
mojo
Starship Captain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 am

Last edited by mojo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:04 am

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 am

What did I tell you? Mike DiCenso doesn't like new guys. Refer to my previous posts for evidence.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:12 am

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 24, 2012 7:13 am

I haven't started anything, Mojo. Please note the conditional modifiers for the warning being extended to your account, and you need to explain away why yours and Airlocke IP address are a match for RainKing's.

I'm open to any counter-evidence you have, but the circumstantial evidence in the form of behavior and the IP address are looking pretty damning at this point.
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:I haven't started anything, Mojo. Please note the conditional modifiers for the warning being extended to your account, and you need to explain away why yours and Airlocke IP address are a match for RainKing's.

I'm open to any counter-evidence you have, but the circumstantial evidence in the form of behavior and the IP address are looking pretty damning at this point.
-Mike
I've looked further into this, since further attention seemed required. Examining private data, I have come to the conclusion that RainKing is likely someone tied to Mojo IRL, and not actually Mojo. I'll be PMing Mike and Trinoya slightly greater detail on the topic, but I suspect it's better not to reveal publicly what I found convincing.

That said, I am not impressed by the recent antics in this thread.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

Last edited by mojo on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 am

You two guys if you continue down this way you'll get too many warningz for your own good.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Thu May 24, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 24, 2012 12:36 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
TheRainKing777 wrote:I apologize for my typo. I don't think that doing as requested is bad form. I apologize if you had some sort of misunderstanding but I find this to be a gross overreaction to an honest mistake.

I think a little sense of humor would go a long way here.

Alright look, this is getting out of hand already. We can see that this moderator is just locking threads for no reason other than he likes upsetting people. I'm here, on a new board having a good time and messing around and people are just locking threads, insulting my intelligence and taking slights way overboard. Honestly, I'm a little offended myself that as a newcomer a witch-hunt has already begun against me.

This is no way to treat people.
Man, the rookie...
This is obviously a reaction to the unfair treatment I'm receiving at the hands of Mr.DeCenso. Is this how people are treated on this board? Are we playing Mr.Popularity now? The cool kid picks on someone so the hordes delight and jump on board? This is so disappointing it makes me hate ST and SW all the more. I hope it makes everyone here happy to know they turn away quality members like me who could've been lifelong members, contributing time and efforts to the better understanding of this debate. But no, instead it's a piss measuring contest where it seems multiple opponents (the board's members) compete against newcomers and insult them until they decide to leave in disgust. This is a juvenile way to treat newcomers. Mr.DeCenso you should be ashamed of yourself and all those that follow your pied piper call.

This kind of open degradation and insult is unappreciated.
[sarcasm mode]Yes, because you've provided such productive discussion topics since coming here... [/sarcasm mode]

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu May 24, 2012 3:07 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:What did I tell you? Mike DiCenso doesn't like new guys. Refer to my previous posts for evidence.

You have provided no evidence of anything whatsoever. Plenty of new people have posted here and none have been mistreated. You, however, have gone trolling however you can get away with, and if Mojo's accusation is correct, you may find yourself permabanned since you have apparently come here solely with the purpose of posing as one of Mojo's sockpuppets and with the apparent intent to get Mojo into trouble with the mod staff, especially soon after he had been ruled against by Trinoya with regards to his previous temporary banning.
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Okay! I've spent the past few hours getting entirely caught up on the whole situation here...

First and foremost:
No spamming. Posts devoid of content are subject to deletion.
Stay on topic. If you must digress a great deal, create a new thread to deal with the digression. Discussion not suited to the forum being used should be brought to another forum.
TRK777: You will be receiving a warning for thread hijacking/spamming, as I'm catching you in several threads often making frivolous posts, one right after the other, cluttering up the board and adding to the disruptive trend I'm seeing from you.

Associated evidence here: http://starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=15

and here: http://starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopi ... 817#p42817

Mojo, you're getting a warning for the same level of spamming, both due to its nature and for spamming the warning system. Your 'fanfic' has also been locked.

I'll be reviewing a few more posts to see if any further moderation is needed.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri May 25, 2012 3:13 am

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri May 25, 2012 3:17 am

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 am

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 25, 2012 11:19 am

This is serious business. Your humour has no place here, buffoon.

On another note, it's true that we were not used to that much joke threads, and certainly are still not. I think the tolerance for silly threads and silly posts is fairly low, and I prefer it that way as far as I'm concerned. I suppose most members are used to that way.

So RK's incessant string of useless and not really funny posts is not in line with the spirit of that board. Checking his posts, it's about 99% nonsense and eventually one percent that looks like he's really interested.

If his arrival here is just to post nonsense and such, it's quite sure that it will become problematic. These are my most humble 2c.