General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm

mojo wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:You do know that you don't make yourself clear enough?
If I didn't understand what the problem was, then why not explain it differently?
Why not show, succinctly if possible, why I'm wrong?

Your case is really becoming a mess. How can one agree with you that there was a sliver of dishonesty on someone's part if you don't even elaborate on it clearly?
Make an effort and be clear, otherwise you won't even get a chance to get proper attention.
Or is that some twisted game where you claim I understood nothing just to stretch its duration?

This is becoming as overly complicated as an argumentation of an argumentation of an argumentation. At some point the staff won't care enough about it.

Why do I bother in fact?
what the hell are you talking about? what is the hostility about? did i somehow offend you when i said that you misunderstood? you stated that you thought i had dropped everything i had against mike. since i had not done that, it is quite clear that you misunderstood me. given that trinoya apparently misunderstood me as well, i DID INDEED simplify what i was saying. in fact, i went to some length to do that! it makes no sense to ask me to be more clear so that you can more easily understand me right after i spend half an hour trying to be more clear so that i can be more easily understood.
i did not claim that you understood nothing. i was just pointing out that if one single person showed that he did not understand me, as in trinoya stating that he thought i had dropped everything, i could simply assume the problem was not mine, but that since you AND trinoya misunderstood, i have to admit the possibility that i was unclear and try again. i was not playing a game or insulting you.
on the other hand, maybe i am more incomprehensible than i think, as you seem to have become upset with my claim that you misunderstood me because you misunderstood that claim itself.
You quoted a post I wrote, and said I misunderstood you, but you failed to make explicit the real issue at hand. I complained that you wrote a lot but didn't spent much time explaining the nature of the misunderstanding.
And now it's even worse because you're saying I misunderstood you on something which represented a minuscule portion of the post you replied to. That is, my misunderstanding wasn't in regards to that request of clarification about the accounts between you and Mike, but in fact the idea that I (and Trinoya) thought you said you'd let it go as a whole, and somehow kept jumping back and forth.
While I clearly see now two different problems you had, the SWST moderation one which you clearly had claimed to leave behind, and the new one about Mike's requests for clarification, your posts seemed to blur both. It's only later that you that post:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 237#p43237

So yes, all in all, I think you do need to be clearer. And proper punctuation wouldn't really hurt in that case. Three dots hasn't the same meaning as ":"
Look, simply put, when I voiced my issues about the moderation going on at SBC, also as an example of what to expect so others could avoid the traps, I tried my best to formulate them in a clear, detailed and very sourced way.
Your posts in comparison produce lots of noise and come out messy lately.

I mean, check out this post on the bottom of the previous page:
http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 112#p43112
mojo wrote: rain failed to understand that most of what he argued had already been debated into the dirt. i appreciate what he was trying to do, but it was clear that he had not (and how could you blame him, reallly) read the entire 38 pages of this thread over which these things have been argued. therefore, he was arguing at a disadvantage, and (i really do believe unintentionally) rebooting arguments i gave up on long ago. i think he was doing this mainly because he did not intend to jeopardize my presence on this board and saw mike dicenso as the main threat as it was mike who was investigating the possibility that he was a sockpuppet, and mike was forthright with his intention to punish me if possible. i have no motivation or plan to continue this argument. i still wish for some sort of conclusion from trinoya or explanation by mike of the clear dishonesty i have now posted twice. at that point, i will again be more than happy to let it go.
In the last paragraph, you're saying you're letting it go, then you want the affair to be sorted out, then you say that "at that point" (after the judgment I guess) you'll let it go (again), and when Trinoy speaks out, you return to it.

In the end, it seems Trinoya also saw some dishonesty coming from Mike regarding his request of a clarification on Airlocke's, RainKing777's and your accounts.
Happy?

PS: I'm also doing that at the risk of getting a warning because I think you deserve an explanation, but I won't post anymore on this. I think I said all that had to be said. Frankly, this is just too bothersome and is beyond reasonable. It has completely dwarfed the usual activity of this board.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Nowhereman10 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 pm

I understand mojo's need to vent, but now I think it's all well past the time that it's going to get anything useful accomplished, and we need to get back to better things. If this keeps getting pushed, it's going to result in some really bad blood, and the damage from SWST and KSW has already caused enough harm as it is.

Just my 2 American cents, anyhow. :D

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 am

...
Last edited by mojo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 am

any chance i could get an update on where i stand insofar as warnings are concerned?

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

mojo wrote:any chance i could get an update on where i stand insofar as warnings are concerned?
I think they don't know so for the time being, OM NOM hamster.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

uh, mods, i'm officially asking here. have i dropped all my warnings? and where do i stand as far as ban length? because mike just kind of threw out a time frame off the top of his head, last time.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer
Posts: 5769
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Sorry about the delay on this, but I've been busy the last two days.

As to your question, you currently have zero warnings.
-Mike

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 am

thanks.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 am

very quick note - i found out a couple of months ago that some years ago, the first time i tried to quit smoking, i activated my genetic propensity for type 2 diabetes by blowing up to the size of a small truck. since i lost the weight again immediately after i failed at quitting smoking, no doctor noticed and the diabetes went untreated for almost a decade. this leads to delusional, irrational thinking and paranoid persecution complexes which grow worse over time.
this is what led me to become obsessed with the idea that mike dicenso was out to get me for no apparent reason. i have apologized to him in private, but after being blood sugar normal for a few weeks i feel i need to at least acknowledge my ridiculous behavior here, in this thread especially. my original plan was to slowly get rid of all the offensive posts, but tbh it is absolutely soul-crushing to read them, even if only to erase them. the post in which oragahn tries to explain to me that i'm acting irrationally and not making any sense is particularly horrifying, as what he said now makes perfect sense whereas i vividly recall being just absolutely infuriated by what i saw as an unjust betrayal at the time. jesus.
so instead, i'm just going to give this small explanation and ask that they be ignored from here on out. i have reread the entire thread, and he was in the right the whole time, in fact, he was amazingly patient and tolerant for the amount of abuse i was throwing his way. so, fuck that.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

for the record, however, i still stand behind my treatment of swst regardless of mental state. that guy was a dick.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master
Posts: 3888
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:24 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with the second post... :)

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 pm

mojo wrote:very quick note - i found out a couple of months ago that some years ago, the first time i tried to quit smoking, i activated my genetic propensity for type 2 diabetes by blowing up to the size of a small truck. since i lost the weight again immediately after i failed at quitting smoking, no doctor noticed and the diabetes went untreated for almost a decade. this leads to delusional, irrational thinking and paranoid persecution complexes which grow worse over time.
Type II is actually redeemable, medically wise. Most science tends to treat type II as a forgone affair which you can't get out of, which is BS.
Type I is not, though.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 am

i don't know about curable, but i am blood sugar normal, which is good enough for me.

Post Reply