Enforcement policy notice (Serafina, Kor_Dahar_Master)

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Enforcement policy notice (Serafina, Kor_Dahar_Master)

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm

I have issued temporary bans to both Serafina and Kor_Dahar_Master for their recent conduct as described here and here.

In particular:
Jedi Master Spock wrote:
Serafina wrote:Now do it, little bigot.
You have previously been warned (1, 2) in particular about name-calling.

I had actually thought I had warned you three times, but on review, my blanket caution issued in locking the discussion threads was not particularly obviously a warning to all involved, and a large number of insulting posts were lumped under your first warning.

With that in mind, you may wish to read he re, and consider yourself lucky that I have not been watching your posts more closely, because review has demonstrated to me that you would indeed have had already reached your third warning prior to making the post I just quoted.

No wonder you felt I was being lax. You may therefore consider yourself on officially thin ice. Anything more and you will join Youngla0450 in the very small club of people who have managed to get themselves temp bans on SFJ.
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:So do you have anything else to try and spin Trans-Miss Serafina?.
Kor? Don't start. You had just barely gotten off thin ice before.
While I was posting this fairly sternly worded warning, the two of them continued insulting one another, naming each other with terms running from "Neelix" to "fascist."

Kor previously had reached a three-warning level back some two weeks earlier, and had in my opinion earned back at least one of those warnings and possibly two (a matter which I would have needed to perform review on); but although what I cautioned him for above was exceptionally mild, his temper clearly exploded.

I then made a decision which I expect to be slightly more controversial:
Jedi Master Spock wrote:Actually, on second thought, reviewing the fact that the two of you clearly continued blowing up on each other - repeatedly and very, to my mind, knowing of the offence being committed against board rules - while I was authoring my warning and reviewing your cases, you are both hereby temporarily banned for twenty four hours under the "more severe offences" clause.
Since we have this morning doubled the number of individuals who have been offered temporary bans in the history of the board, it is time again to review precisely what has gone wrong in the past week; whether these bans are justified; and if the rules or enforcement policy require amendment.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Re: Enforcement policy notice (Serafina, Kor_Dahar_Master)

Post by The Dude » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm not sure what there is to say about Youngrandomnumbers ban, he was either trolling or just to dumb to learn. Either way it was obvious that he wasn't going to reform willingly.

Sera VS Kor, I don't really know what to say. There are obviously fundamental differences and I doubt there will be an agreement. That said I don't believe a permanent ban for either is warranted.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:24 pm

The Dude wrote:I'm not sure what there is to say about Youngrandomnumbers ban, he was either trolling or just to dumb to learn. Either way it was obvious that he wasn't going to reform willingly.

Sera VS Kor, I don't really know what to say. There are obviously fundamental differences and I doubt there will be an agreement. That said I don't believe a permanent ban for either is warranted.
Real saturation of insults and flamebaiting, from what I see. Things needed to cool down.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah but I don't see how it's supposed to get better, it's obviously a hot button issue for her and a 24 hour ban? I seriously doubt that will calm things down for longer then a few days. I can hold onto anger for longer then 24 hours, I suspect others can as well.

I suppose you could confine the debate to a single thread and place a strictly enforced moratorium on flaming, baiting and general rudeness but unless consensus is reached or they agree to disagree then it'll just descend again simply out of frustration.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 am

They'll have to agree to disagree, then. Otherwise, they'll see their posting abilities limited for a longer period.
That said, Kor may have more to lose than Serafina here, I don't see her remaining here.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 am

You may have hit on another motive for Serafina in doing this; hoping to drag Kor and WILGA down in a permaban with her.
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:43 am

I really don't think thats her intention or style Mike.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

This would bother me for some all sorts of reasons, but perhaps we should really get used to the idea that the report button is there for some reason. For example when Serafina started likening the bigots to Nazi and anti-black racists.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:That said, Kor may have more to lose than Serafina here, I don't see her remaining here.
If she is now making false allegations of post deletion on SDN, as claimed in the other thread, you may be quite right.

The fact is that I have not presented a particularly friendly face to Serafina of late. You may note the extraordinarily stern tone of the warning quoted in this thread, the result of my discovering just how much she has been pushing the rules on politeness; you may also note that the tone of my material replies to her in the thread have been similarly stern in calling her out for her poor methods of argument.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:This would bother me for some all sorts of reasons, but perhaps we should really get used to the idea that the report button is there for some reason. For example when Serafina started likening the bigots to Nazi and anti-black racists.
The report button came with the board software upgrade. It is quite useful for drawing things to my attention. Private messages also work, and are recommended for cases where it may be time sensitive.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:17 pm

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=200

The three posts concerning deletions are here.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm

The Dude wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=200

The three posts concerning deletions are here.

They have been there for a long time, back when the threads were split ect.

None of the posts claimed to have been deleted were but flying off the handle, making false assumtions and ultimatly incorrect accusations seem pretty standard from what we can see.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Mmm... well that's just too much trouble and not worth people's time.
Let's just move on.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Kor is trying to respect JMS's rules by moving this situation elsewhere. He definitely deserves credit for that.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Just give me time to prep' some popcorn then...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:30 pm

I agree. I believe that unless Serafina is actively seeking to be permabanned here at SFJN, it woud be in her best interest to take up Kor's offer and go to ASVS. There they can scream at each other to their hearts' content and provide much amusement for the peanut gallery.
-Mike
Last edited by Mike DiCenso on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.