Enforcement policy notice (Youngla0450)

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Enforcement policy notice (Youngla0450)

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Youngla050 has been issued a temporary ban one day in length following a post I have deemed to qualify as trolling. The post may be viewed here.
I wrote:
Youngla0450 wrote:The Borg Cube can destroyed by the Death Star!
Youngla0450 wrote:Death Stah can destroy Borg Cubah! (Like Cartman or Timmy from South Park would say)
When you repeat the same exact claim in response to someone saying:
Mike DiCenso wrote:This is why people are not taking you very seriously,Youngla. You make blanket statements like this without anything to back it up, and when pressed to do so, you cut and paste links to other people's work without explaining necessarily how it is relevant to your case.
-Mike
It seems to me as if you are trolling for a reaction. Accordingly:

You have been warned here, here, and here. Here I note an evident flame that may have passed my notice without my offering a warning, so your behaviour clearly has not been good in the mean time.

In accordance with the rules of this site, you have earned yourself a temporary ban. This ban is one day in length.
In accordance with unofficial site policy, this thread is now open for discussion on whether or not the banning was justified, or if the enforcement policy is too lax, or if the enforcement policy is too harsh. Talk to me, folks.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: Enforcement policy notice (Youngla0450)

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:23 pm

I think you are considerably tolerant.

I would object a little if he had been actually trying to add content and was mearly young, ignorant and a little stupid, after all you guys tolerate my posts and my spelling making you virtual saints in my book.

However he has shown over and over again to fly off the handle and scream abuse for no real reason at all other than to gain whatever satisfaction ppl who do that get.

Maybe its just me but he seems to be trying to get warnings and maybe a ban, perhaps to play a martyr card on SDN or elsewhere to get a little attention.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:35 pm

He was banned on SDN for the same behaviour as here, so I don't think it's a "sympathy ban." Even if it was, he was universally criticized there as well.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:50 pm

I already invited him to share his opinions at ASVS. :p

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm

I think everyone on the board knows my opinion clearly on the matter.

SDN and SFJN rarely agree... but as a rule if we DO agree on something it's almost certainly correct. In this case the banning of Youngla, evening a temp one, was the correct decision.

That said, I've been rather aggressive towards him myself. When his ban is lifted I shall avoid further conflict with him JMS, as I believe I've done more to disrespect this board than to try to make him think twice about his posting behavior. I also do not believe anything constructive will come of further argument currently.

I sincerely hope that your temporary ban will allow him to think about the direction he is going down... And if it does and he does improve.. then I'll be quite happy to have my opinions proven wrong.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:I already invited him to share his opinions at ASVS. :p
Tyralak would think he's Jason 2: Electric Boogaloo. Just imagine what Questor would think of him.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:17 am

Khas wrote:
Tyralak would think he's Jason 2: Electric Boogaloo. Just imagine what Questor would think of him.
Electric Boogaloo... you mean that movie with the lame poster?

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:25 am

We need a new moron, since Jason appears to be gone for the time being. For that matter, send Serifina over too. She and Kor can fight it out for my amusement. I have a specific forum just for that purpose Sto'Vo'Kor. :evil grin:

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Well, his temporary ban has ended. We will see if he returns here.
Tyralak wrote:
We need a new moron, since Jason appears to be gone for the time being. For that matter, send Serifina over too. She and Kor can fight it out for my amusement. I have a specific forum just for that purpose Sto'Vo'Kor. :evil grin:
That's not a very nice thing to say, Tyralak.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:Well, his temporary ban has ended. We will see if he returns here.
Tyralak wrote:
That's not a very nice thing to say, Tyralak.
Apologies.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:13 pm

JediMasterSpock, I thank you for banning me for that day. During that time I had a lot of other projects to do, so your one-day allowed me to do what I had to do. I will not break rules again.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:JediMasterSpock, I thank you for banning me for that day. During that time I had a lot of other projects to do, so your one-day allowed me to do what I had to do. I will not break rules again.
G... what?
You seem to enjoy that...
>:]
Maybe if he bans you definitely, you may find time to complete a rather important project: getting a life.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Youngla0450 wrote:JediMasterSpock, I thank you for banning me for that day. During that time I had a lot of other projects to do, so your one-day allowed me to do what I had to do. I will not break rules again.
G... what?
Maybe if he bans you definitely, you may find time to complete a rather important project: getting a life.
I do have a life, Sir. I am not trying to be rude. Why do you keep on bearing down on me? I don't want to be banned from this site indefintely.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
G... what?
I do have a life, Sir. I am not trying to be rude. Why do you keep on bearing down on me? I don't want to be banned from this site indefintely.
We know, we know. And we would miss you so much.
Merely thinking about such a dreadful thing brings tears to my eyes.
We are your new family, and we love you.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Do you mean it?