Sent PMs not notified

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Sent PMs not notified

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:31 pm

I've recently sent a couple of PMs left and right, but they're not present in my PM sentbox.

Bug?

Socar
Bridge Officer

Post by Socar » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:58 pm

If I'm not mistaken, with phpBB, if you send a PM, and the person hasn't looked at it yet, then it will stay in your Outbox. Once they view the message though, then it will go to your Sentbox. At least that's the way it was on another phpBB board I was on.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:13 pm

Huh, I've never heard of anything like that. Plus there are messages which have been replied that still don't show up in the list. They're definitively lost.
Like the system does not make a copy of the message in the sentbox.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:00 am

If you're referring to those you've sent me, then no worries, they've all been received.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:26 pm

They should show up in either the Outbox or Sentbox unless you hit the message cap. If they're not there, that would be a bug of sorts. I'll check over the phpBB bug boards to see if there's anything there that might apply.

In the mean time, the local forum interface is based on a much older version of phpBB than the forum actually uses; there have been a couple funny bugs as a result. If it's nowhere, the message is probably in-system, just not showing up under the interface.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Could be that, the interface not displaying the date. The funny thing is that there are a couple of PMs that do show up, but they're a bit older.
The change possibly occured during an update of some sorts?