A sub-forum for more general vs. matchups

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
l33telboi
Starship Captain

A sub-forum for more general vs. matchups

Post by l33telboi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:50 am

I hope this is the right place for this kind of stuff. If not, just boot it into the appropriate place.

In any case, i have a suggestion on improvement. I've been thinking about posting it for quite some time now, but so far i've decided against it, mainly because i doubt it would get much support. But i guess there's no harm in suggesting it, so what the heck.

Why not make a sub-forum for vs. debates that include other franchises then ST and SW? I know some have been using the "Other" sub-forum for this, but that seems to be more of a general "other stuff" forum.

The reason i'm suggesting this is because i think the newbies to this whole vs. debating thing (like me) aren't really all that hyped up about stricktly debating ST and SW. Frankly, they're starting to get a bit old and done to death. Which is also why i think SB.com vs forum is so much more lively then both the forums here and on SD.net.

Any possobility for this kind of thing?

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:08 am

My understanding is that as long as either ST or SW is involved, then the Trek/Wars section is the place for it.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Hm. And here I thought we just had a low population and not much PR.

I have to say I initially considered that, then decided I wanted to try and maintain focus and "other" would work well for a good catch-all - but there's nothing fixed in stone about what forum sections I have here.

Anyone else have anything to say about this idea?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:58 pm

I think people have suggested something similar to this already. I for one wouldn't mind seeing the "other" section divided up into different catagories. It worked well enough on the old ST-V-SW.Net and STrek-v-SW.Net forums.
-Mike

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:25 pm

I'm for it. I wanna see a thread for a Vorlon versus a telletubbie and one for a dalek sans armor versus the vancom lady.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm also reminded that this, as a forum suggestion, belongs in the technical discussion section, i.e., "About this forum."

I'll create a section for VS and "about" (i.e., technical analysis) discussion not impinging on Trek and Wars momentarily. Point out any threads that ought to be moved.