Internal Service Error

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Dabat
Bridge Officer

Internal Service Error

Post by Dabat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 am

I get that error every time I attempt to post. The post does go through when I check, but the site says it doesn't

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Internal Service Error

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Dabat wrote:I get that error every time I attempt to post. The post does go through when I check, but the site says it doesn't
Happens a lot, indeed. The more you wait to post once you're on the reply page, the greater the chances of this happening it seems.
Considering my posting methods, it nears 80%.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah, I get the same thing too, but I stopped worrying about it after a while, and simply kept posting and refreshing the window anyways... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Yeah, I get the same thing too, but I stopped worrying about it after a while, and simply kept posting and refreshing the window anyways... :)
I'm enchanted to inform you that you've become a script.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 am

May as well start a drinking game with this error, don't have enough booze though.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 am

All right, this is getting to be stupid. I'm getting the error about every two posts now.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:26 am

Could Denial service attacks be the cause of this error?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 am

PunkMaister wrote:Could Denial service attacks be the cause of this error?
Highly doubtful. My apologies that it's still going on, but this might be a permanent feature until such time as I change hosts or make more major changes in board software.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 am

Err...who would bother?

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:19 pm

1.) This kind of thing is highly uncharacteristic of a DoS attack; if it were, the whole website would be down; we wouldn't be getting a minor bug every time we post

2.) As Corporal said, who would attack a small-traffic site like this? I doubt SDN and SBC would see us as that big of a "threat."

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:58 pm

ILikeDeathNote wrote:
1.) This kind of thing is highly uncharacteristic of a DoS attack; if it were, the whole website would be down; we wouldn't be getting a minor bug every time we post

2.) As Corporal said, who would attack a small-traffic site like this? I doubt SDN and SBC would see us as that big of a "threat."
SBC? Spacebattles? Now that would be so uncharacteristic of them is not even funny. SDN on the other hand has plenty of people that would love to see this website and any other like it crash and burn.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:34 pm

PunkMaister wrote: SBC? Spacebattles? Now that would be so uncharacteristic of them is not even funny. SDN on the other hand has plenty of people that would love to see this website and any other like it crash and burn.
SFJ has been up for years now, if there was going to be a DoS from the board it would have happened years ago and considering that is both against SDN policy and that it wasn't done to RSA's board years ago, I think your reaching.

Try to remember that not everyone on SDN is a VS debater or even cares about SFJ. I am continually amazed though that you spent so long on SDN and have so little understanding of it.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 pm

The Corporal wrote:SFJ has been up for years now, if there was going to be a DoS from the board it would have happened years ago and considering that is both against SDN policy and that it wasn't done to RSA's board years ago, I think your reaching.

Try to remember that not everyone on SDN is a VS debater or even cares about SFJ. I am continually amazed though that you spent so long on SDN and have so little understanding of it.
Did I say everyone? I said that there are plenty of those who would like to see this website gone look at it again!
PunkMaister wrote: SDN on the other hand has plenty of people that would love to see this website and any other like it crash and burn.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:23 pm

I am also having the internal service error when I post. I occasionally get a notice saying that it couldn't post my response followed with a massive list of common words in my post.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Did I say everyone? I said that there are plenty of those who would like to see this website gone look at it again!
Then prove it.