Internal Service Error

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:I am also having the internal service error when I post.
This is the one that is likely to have something to do with my host and which version of MySQL they're currently running on the machine VS which version the board software was bugtested on. You'll note the error references server misconfiguration. This might not go away unless I change hosts or switch to a very different version of board software.
I occasionally get a notice saying that it couldn't post my response followed with a massive list of common words in my post.
This error, however, is almost certainly due to the modifications I've made to board software. It started showing up after I monkeyed with the posting time window. It will eventually disappear, but I figure it's better to have the posts actually go through then to get lost due to you having spent too long typing it.

The Corporal
Bridge Officer

Post by The Corporal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:I am also having the internal service error when I post.
This is the one that is likely to have something to do with my host and which version of MySQL they're currently running on the machine VS which version the board software was bugtested on. You'll note the error references server misconfiguration. This might not go away unless I change hosts or switch to a very different version of board software.
I occasionally get a notice saying that it couldn't post my response followed with a massive list of common words in my post.
This error, however, is almost certainly due to the modifications I've made to board software. It started showing up after I monkeyed with the posting time window. It will eventually disappear, but I figure it's better to have the posts actually go through then to get lost due to you having spent too long typing it.
Why don't you just update, phpb is free right?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:06 pm

The Corporal wrote:Why don't you just update, phpb is free right?
Incremental update patches won't change what I've customized in the board software. That particular bug is a low priority, since the post is actually recorded, it just spits out a long error message and pretends temporarily that it didn't happen.

Eventually, I'll be doing what amounts to a complete reinstall or software migration.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:33 am

But until then, it's an extremely annoying bug to put up with. :-P
-Mike