View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Topic (falsely?) disapproved for advertising? 
Welcome the new member!

So, a few days ago I decided to create an account on this site that I had found a few months/weeks ago and create a new topic on the Sci-fi Versus forum.

The topic was titled "(WH:40K) Imperial Guards replace Colonial Marines (Alien 2)" and was a versus about the IG faction characters from the 40K video game/book/tabletop series going against the aliens from Alien films which everyone knows and loves. However, it was disapproved with the following reason: "The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or
another product." So I guess it was automatically flagged for advertising, given the large-ish amount of product names?

Umm, so it appears you can't actually directly message any of the admins, so I'm just putting this here for now. I think you still have to approved manually to post, so someone in management should see this, I guess. I'm definitely not a salesperson or sponsored or any companies or anything, I just thought it would be interesting to see those two factions fight.

Thanks.

Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Jedi Master

Sorry that happened to you. There are literally daily hundreds, if not well over a thousand spammer posts and when people use unusual nicknames it makes it way harder for Tinoya and I to skim out the legitimate posts from the spam.
-Mike

Sat May 13, 2017 8:59 pm
Site Admin

Currently, between the spambot population and the user population, the board is not very functional in some ways. This is my fault for not upgrading the anti-spambot software quickly enough, I owe everyone an apology on that.

As a more useful note, I can be contacted fairly reliably by sending e-mail to webmaster@starfleetjedi.net - please do use that if something seems amiss or improper.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]