Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:42 pm

To troll.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:43 pm

GStone wrote:To troll.
Pretty much. A pity that after four pages, he asks what's wrong with appeals to authority.

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Re: Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
GStone wrote:TJHairball/BigHarryMountainMan did that. Without evidence, they dismissed his posts, at best, saying he lied about who he was and feeling sorry for who he said he was. In their discussions, they couldn't even keep right what is the requirements at BHMM's college in the carolina.
Case in point of what I mentioned earlier: "And those who supply credentials are liable to be attacked and harassed even more..." et cetera.
Because it provides ammunistion for SDN personal attacks. Wong claims that people who don't list personal information, simply don't have any faith in their arguments, claiming the following:
Cowards
This category is reserved for flame mailers who don't have the guts to use their real names or even real E-mail addresses. Accountability is a prerequisite for respectability. People who refuse to divulge their real names can't ever be taken too seriously, because their insistence on anonymity is proof that they don't have any confidence in their own ideas. If they don't have confidence in their own ideas, why should you?
Of course, this makes even less sense than his other non-sequiturs, being simply a cheap goad to get people to reveal personal information in order to harass, threaten, intimidate, berate, defame, cyber-stalk, and threaten the person or worse. In short, the Warsies are sick bastards who don't realize that it’s just a game—and they’ve even played the role of Cathy Bates in “Misery” by stalking and harassing Star Wars authors for not writing Star Wars stories the way they wanted!
Obviously, names and personal information have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the validity of one’s argument! However “Mike Wong and the Warsies” run the gamut of “psycho” that ranges from Cathy Bates to Norman Bates- and here Wong plays the old bully’s game of “if you don’t do whatever I say, you’re CHICKEN!” Of course, no one with a brain would be fooled by this one.
One look at other unmoderated sites will show that the Warsies are so foul-mouthed and non-stop in their name-calling ad hominem person attacks that with all the feces-flinging, one realizes that they’re “unevolved” in more ways than one.

So keep your anonymity-- it's the only thing between you and every psycho out there taking your real name in vain, as well as some more things which are a lot sicker.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:32 am

I remember 6 or 7 years ago (I think it was Graeme Dice) used to try to insult me by claiming I was a coward for "hiding behind a handle" I had to remind him that I also posted under my real name, and that they all knew not only my real name but the city in which I lived. That shut him up real quick. This was at ASVS, not SDN. In Usenet groups, your IP is public info, so it really isn't hard to find where people live.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09 am

This tactic can be traced all the way back to Mike Wong on the original ASVS newsgroup and his harassment of Graham Kennedy in the late 1990's, which Wong poked and prodded, denigrated Kennedy's credentials as a physics teacher. Sadly this is what helped drive Kennedy away, and when Wong saw that harassment of his enemies could work, he made it a prime instrument in his campaign of dishonest debate style. Almost makes me wonder if this was derived from Scientology's tactic and policy of "Attack the Attacker".
-Mike

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:06 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:This tactic can be traced all the way back to Mike Wong on the original ASVS newsgroup and his harassment of Graham Kennedy in the late 1990's, which Wong poked and prodded, denigrated Kennedy's credentials as a physics teacher. Sadly this is what helped drive Kennedy away, and when Wong saw that harassment of his enemies could work, he made it a prime instrument in his campaign of dishonest debate style. Almost makes me wonder if this was derived from Scientology's tactic and policy of "Attack the Attacker".
-Mike
I remember that. A lot of the excuses given by Wong for doing this was based on his fanfic. Look, we all know Portal was pretty bad, but Kennedy is a very intelligent person. You know when you've become a threat to Wong, as he tries his best to destroy your credibility. He did it with Darkstar, Kennedy and JMS. So if he tries to destroy you, then you know you're on the right track.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:This tactic can be traced all the way back to Mike Wong on the original ASVS newsgroup and his harassment of Graham Kennedy in the late 1990's, which Wong poked and prodded, denigrated Kennedy's credentials as a physics teacher. Sadly this is what helped drive Kennedy away, and when Wong saw that harassment of his enemies could work, he made it a prime instrument in his campaign of dishonest debate style. Almost makes me wonder if this was derived from Scientology's tactic and policy of "Attack the Attacker".
-Mike
Thats too bad, Graham's a great guy.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Tyralak wrote:
-Mike
I remember that. A lot of the excuses given by Wong for doing this was based on his fanfic. Look, we all know Portal was pretty bad, but Kennedy is a very intelligent person. You know when you've become a threat to Wong, as he tries his best to destroy your credibility. He did it with Darkstar, Kennedy and JMS. So if he tries to destroy you, then you know you're on the right track.
JMS? Wong tried, but he doesn't even have enough gusto left to do anything these days. It's not as violent as it still used to be only a few years ago.

And Portal is good. STFU!

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Tyralak wrote:
-Mike
It's a question of whether it's worth the harassment in your real private life, and I doubt that many people would think so; once you get your personal info (like name, address, phone # etc) published to every nut-bar out there, you soon learn why even Superman has a secret identity.
Of course, this page alone proves that Mike Wong is not exactly someone who has sane values regarding personal boundaries and privacy; it makes you wonder how his kids can ever show their faces in public, after their mom's public testimony regarding her experiences with "BAM" (or the "gleam in Mike's eye" that she mentions as her motivator)-- and whether he cares, or just says "if they make fun of your parents broadcasting their sex-life then they're not good friends!" :-)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Jeez, that's gonna traumatize your kids for years to come. Of course, Wong's race card attack on "Parent" magazine for saying that Quebec was a better place to raise kids than Toronto isn't exactly a sign of an emotionally or mentally stable person, is it?

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Khas wrote:Jeez, that's gonna traumatize your kids for years to come. Of course, Wong's race card attack on "Parent" magazine for saying that Quebec was a better place to raise kids than Toronto isn't exactly a sign of an emotionally or mentally stable person, is it?
Even i thought that was kinda crazy, the entire study was in regards to population, criminality, income, property prices and unemployment results ect and at no point was race mentioned in the results.

But some how he got race hate out of it?.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 pm

What this all boils down to is that Wong is a big, fat hypocrite of the worst sort. We've seen here that he'll happily attack Kennedy, Dr. Bernd Schneider, TJHairball/Big Hairy Mountain Man, and JMS's character and credentials, or have one of his flunkies do it for him. But he'll turn around and accuse you of doing the same where he is concerned as he tried ineffectually to do to RSA as documented here, and here. The second link really shows Wong as a piece of work where he actively denies ever having harassed Kennedy, and whines about RSA looking up some details on Wong himself!

If we really wanted to be assholes, we would do unto him as he has done unto us. Or we could take a look at Poe's claimed degrees earlier in this thread, and let's make some commentary on his not having any science degrees whatsoever, just some okay movie and media related ones. Or what about Brian Young? What's his big science background? None, really, as far as I can tell. Why are they exempt from the scrutiny Wong has placed on others, but not on his own allies? Because his allies are telling him what he wants to hear. They're on his side, so of course he conviently looks the other. But the moment you scrutinize him? It's a crime against HUMANITY I tell ya!

Shesh. No wonder the guy stays holed up in SDN these days, he wouldn't last very long anywhere else without his support group to back him up.
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Khas wrote:Jeez, that's gonna traumatize your kids for years to come. Of course, Wong's race card attack on "Parent" magazine for saying that Quebec was a better place to raise kids than Toronto isn't exactly a sign of an emotionally or mentally stable person, is it?
Nah, its a symptom of being from Toronto. The residents tend to think they are better then anyone else in Canada. Frankly, you'd be hard pressed to find folks from other parts of the country that like the place. I like to think that Toronto is Canada's little piece of America.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:08 pm

The Dude wrote:I like to think that Canada is a little piece of America.
Probably. :]

KirkSkyWalker
Jedi Knight

Post by KirkSkyWalker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

The Dude wrote:
Khas wrote:Jeez, that's gonna traumatize your kids for years to come.
If not for life; how can a kid ever grow up healthy knowing that mommy is the internet's #1 PUBLIC Dildo-queen-- and that daddy ran all the engineering-specs on them-- and so on, and so forth? (Pardon my faux-pas).
Of course, Wong's race card attack on "Parent" magazine for saying that Quebec was a better place to raise kids than Toronto isn't exactly a sign of an emotionally or mentally stable person, is it?
Nah, its a symptom of being from Toronto. The residents tend to think they are better then anyone else in Canada. Frankly, you'd be hard pressed to find folks from other parts of the country that like the place. I like to think that Toronto is Canada's little piece of America.
Actually, Wong accused the magazine of being "White Supremacist" for it (ergo his persecution-complex).
That pretty much measures up with his other non-sequitur logic regarding everything from not giving your name on a website (which he equates to "cowardice" and not believing in your argument), to Occam's Razor (which he equates to the simplest answer always being the right one). The same goes for his claims that Star Wars books are valid canon, despite that Lucas himself expressly denied it.

So Wong's angle regarding "proving credentials," are simply a ploy to drag the person's real name through the mud and cyber-stalk them via illegal invasions of privacy-- even threatening lawsuits, ironically while committing civil infractions against them-- until they're simply harassed away from the argument. It's like playing "chicken," but online: i.e the bigger psycho wins.
Mike DiCenso wrote:If we really wanted to be assholes, we would do unto him as he has done unto us.
-Mike
Correction: assholes with no lives, like Wong and his flunkies; such people deliberately seek drama in order to fill the void, while Wong himself openly admits the following:
Important note: for you people who ask why I don't take the moral high ground and adopt a firm, restrained, mature tone when dealing with these people, I would like to remind you that we are talking about whether the Empire would kick the Federation's ass! What the hell does maturity have to do with this? To most of its participants, this debate is a vacation from maturity. Those of us who have done this for a long time judge each others' efforts on skill and knowledge, as well as scientific accuracy and logical consistency. Maturity is simply a red herring, and as far as I'm concerned, the very idea of a "mature" Star Wars vs Star Trek debate is outlandish. In my experience, people start whining about "maturity" when they're trying to distract the audience from the fact that they're getting their asses kicked.
The flaw here, of course, is that "skill and knowledge, as well as scientific accuracy and logical consistency" requires maturity; and hence, methinks the man doth protest too much to believe the protesting.

Ergo, in Wong's mind it's not a debate, or even a boxing-match with rules-- it's an all-out pissing war where anything goes, and the only object is to WIN (as STvSW.net says they do). And since of course he calls the shots on SDN, he feels perfectly justified in doing anything that he feels safe won't get his ass personally kicked or worse, no matter what-- he'll always have plently of cult-sheep... and plenty of kool-aid for them to drink. Nevermind that STvSW.net alone has been able to single-handedly crush all of their combined arguments.

In conclusion, it seems that "The Lord of the Flies" is simply full of what attracts flies the most... as well as arrested infancy which he intellectualizes through his attempt at scientific arguments (if you can call sci-fi banter that).
Thus, it's a vicious cycle that he can't win except through winning the argument: and thus the argument isn't about the search for truth, it's about his psychotic need for validation-- thus his irrational psychotic response to any contest whatseover, i.e. he feels his very survival and worth is threatened by the mere suggestion that he might be wrong.