Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Jedi Master Spock, post your education credentials

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:17 am

I know its a little off topic now..so sorry if I cheesed any off but since I came late to the party

so I was looking through this thread..and it brought back allot of memories on my own experiences with wongs followers and saxtonites...

post your education credentials? what elitists crap is this? this is why I prefer the feat based debate system..your education has no basis..Calculations fan based or other wise are banned from use in evidence..and you can only go by consistent showings in the primary canon..anything inconsistent either high end or low end is not usable...you simply go by thats shown and shown consistently even statements are subject to scruntiny

SDNers and the pro wars SB'ers routinely fall apart under this debate system when you can't hide behind fallacy terms and using big words when the evidence of absence simply means its absence it absolutely destroys their ability to debate when you can't intimidate with harassment..or your own "calculations" and credentials it torpedoes the typical intellectual elitist thuggish bullying Wongs followers are capable of and forces them on a level where all they can rely on is what is shown what is done actions on the screen or on panel

to this end when forced with going purely by "feats" by what was shown in the films..I've seen these guys completely fold and degenerate into pure flaming inside of say two or three posts...and just run off after a thread or more..

in a feat based debate system the only thing that matters is your ability to argue..based on the strictest presentation of evidence..how well and how spartan can you prove a point....your degree or personal experiences have no basis

and boy do they loose their Sh*t

User1461
Redshirt

Post by User1461 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:Ipost your education credentials? what elitists crap is this
It's a baited trap; i.e. they want you to give up your name and personal information, so that they can invade your privacy and cyber-bully you, and smear your name all over the web. Did you read their disclaimer? "If you believe in your argument then you should be willing to tell us your name."

That was Hitler's line too: i.e. "if you're innocent then you have nothing to hide."
It's the oldest trick in the book: that privacy is simply hiding something wrong, from being found out, and so they say that only liars want privacy.

Privacy isn't about hiding the guilty, it's about protecting the innocent from public scrutiny and attack; and anyone who says otherwise, is just trying to violate your rights by fooling you into giving them up.
They are just a bunch of neo-fascists, no wonder they think the empire is so cool.

I say all this, to say how vital it is to protect your identity.
Just look at some of these Pro-Wars team websites, and how they show lists of personal information about people who dare to oppose them.
The problem is, if you give up your name willingly, then you also give up your legal protection as well, when they publicize it to the world for every psycho out there to look you up and prey on you.
I was also personally threatened and terrorized by such gits; then I found out that such threats are common, and that people who make them are cowards who almost NEVER carry them out, they just feel safe behind the screen, and if you ever meet them in real life then it's like shining a light on a cockroach. That, and I'm in another country and continent, so there's not much chance there either.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm

WhosYourData wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:Ipost your education credentials? what elitists crap is this
I was also personally threatened and terrorized by such gits; then I found out that such threats are common, and that people who make them are cowards who almost NEVER carry them out, they just feel safe behind the screen, and if you ever meet them in real life then it's like shining a light on a cockroach. That, and I'm in another country and continent, so there's not much chance there either.
Proof?

User1461
Redshirt

Post by User1461 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I see you didn't read the part about how I protect my privacy, so one can either take my word it or leave it, I really don't give a flying fig whether trolls believe me or not. I don't answer to them, so they might as well stow it, I won't be baited into giving up private information.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 am

WhosYourData wrote:I see you didn't read the part about how I protect my privacy, so one can either take my word it or leave it, I really don't give a flying fig whether trolls believe me or not. I don't answer to them, so they might as well stow it, I won't be baited into giving up private information.
Are you claiming that all of this harassment you're talking about happened exclusively privately, that there's no trace of it on any forum or talk group?

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:I know its a little off topic now..so sorry if I cheesed any off but since I came late to the party

so I was looking through this thread..and it brought back allot of memories on my own experiences with wongs followers and saxtonites...

post your education credentials? what elitists crap is this? this is why I prefer the feat based debate system..your education has no basis..Calculations fan based or other wise are banned from use in evidence..and you can only go by consistent showings in the primary canon..anything inconsistent either high end or low end is not usable...you simply go by thats shown and shown consistently even statements are subject to scruntiny

SDNers and the pro wars SB'ers routinely fall apart under this debate system when you can't hide behind fallacy terms and using big words when the evidence of absence simply means its absence it absolutely destroys their ability to debate when you can't intimidate with harassment..or your own "calculations" and credentials it torpedoes the typical intellectual elitist thuggish bullying Wongs followers are capable of and forces them on a level where all they can rely on is what is shown what is done actions on the screen or on panel

to this end when forced with going purely by "feats" by what was shown in the films..I've seen these guys completely fold and degenerate into pure flaming inside of say two or three posts...and just run off after a thread or more..

in a feat based debate system the only thing that matters is your ability to argue..based on the strictest presentation of evidence..how well and how spartan can you prove a point....your degree or personal experiences have no basis

and boy do they loose their Sh*t
That's because then they can't use the EU, and they need a giant Death Star to blow up one planet which doesn't have even have a planetary defense-system like in Star Trek.

Meanwhile Star Trek can blow up a whole solar-system with one itty-bitty rocket.

So they launch into the whole EU-completism thing.

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer

Post by Nowhereman10 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I got into this mostly because of the Warsies that seem to infest YouTube. And it's not just some occasional random troll, but the same people showing up and commenting in every freakin' video that's Star Trek versus Star Wars debate oriented, or something similar like the Star Trek versus Babylon 5 ones.

Take a look at some of the more recent postings in this video by a troll calling itself
"onlypeaceindeath", where when confronted by evidence of Saxton and his Warsie buddies cooking up the numbers for the Episode II ICS in Poe's email group, it just dances around and avoids it with lots of hand-waving denial. Also read Perion's postings as he's gotten into an ICS GE versus WH 40K IoM debate in an ST versus SW video! And he still spouts the same tired fallacies over and over again!

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:26 am

You can't expect intellectual honesty from a Warsie.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 am

you can't expect any kind of honesty for that matter

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:27 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:you can't expect any kind of honesty for that matter
True...

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I've seen trekkies who were just as bad...

There are dishonest debaters on both sides of the fence.
You can't lump them all in the same basket because a group of them is like that...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I've seen trekkies who were just as bad...
same here Q vs the Lt was epic..and I even know one trekkie who has gone on record claiming an ISD's fire power does not even compare with world war 2 era battleships..and then made a bunch of calcs to back it up (I think aside from KSW I'm the loudest pro trek voice here and even I think thats complete and total BS)

it's just Trekkies who are fringe tend to be overtly obvious whackadoodles you can spot instantly where a good Warsie fanatic is..more slick at least until you challenge them at least that's my experience you could be wrong
Praeothmin wrote:There are dishonest debaters on both sides of the fence.
You can't lump them all in the same basket because a group of them is like that...
your right i should have been clearer with that in the "fanatic sense"

User1602
Redshirt

Post by User1602 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:I've seen trekkies who were just as bad...
same here Q vs the Lt was epic..
Who's Q vs the Lt?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

TrekPhilosopher wrote:[Who's Q vs the Lt?
it was a thread where some one pit Q against a being who's well way too high an opponent and this one particular trekkie just wouldn't let go kept pulling out all the stops to try and give his guy the win

User1602
Redshirt

Post by User1602 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:07 am

Sounds like Steven Ratliff arguing for Marrissa Amber Flores Picard.