Quotes Concerning the new Star Wars Canon Polocy

For all your discussion of canon policies, evidentiary standards, and other meta-debate issues.

Discussion is to remain cordial at all times.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Quotes Concerning the new Star Wars Canon Polocy

Post by Lucky » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 am

10-04-13
http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/ForceCast_273_The_Galaxy_Is_Reading_154431.asp Relevant part starts at about 01:00:00 wrote:
01:05:00
One of those thing the story group is meant to serve as a bridge to all new story telling going forward.
January 5th to 6th 2014
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/420071186232385536 wrote:
. StephenVincent ‏@StephenVincent Jan 5 
@HolocronKeeper Does that mean all projects from here on out that Story Group touch are canon? Or is there still a G- T- C- etc on new stuff
Reply Retweet Favorite More
. Details 

. Leland Chee ‏@HolocronKeeper Jan 6 
@StephenVincent More so than ever, the canon field will serve us internally simply for classification rather than setting hierarchy.
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/420071186232385536 wrote:
. MG ‏@12MG12 Jan 6 
@HolocronKeeper @StephenVincent Are you implying that the goal is to dispose of the hierarchy and have one cohesive canon?
Reply Retweet Favorite More
. Details 

. Leland Chee ‏@HolocronKeeper Jan 6 
@12MG12 @StephenVincent That's definitely a primary goal of the Story Group.
Febuary 2nd 2014
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/12/greg-weisman-talks-star-wars-rebels-and-showing-the-beginning-of-the-rebel-alliance?abthid=52fb9aad9a4ac0374f000013 wrote: Greg Weisman: “We're all very dedicated, and we know this show is going to be canon, so we take that responsibility very seriously. We know that on the one hand there's an audience who's going to be watching this that knows everything there is to know about Lucasfilm canon and knows beyond that tons of stuff from the Expanded Universe, which may or may not turn out to be canon once Lucasfilm decides what is official and what's not. So we want the show to work for that group, the most extreme fanboys out there. At the same time, we also have the responsibility that for a certain generation of kids, this is going to be their first exposure to Star Wars. By the time this comes out next fall, their kids were young enough that they won't have seen Clone Wars. Forget the movies, they won't have seen Clone Wars! So this will be the first Star Wars thing they're seeing, and we take that responsibility very seriously as well.”
Please add anything new that you find.

Starship Captain

Re: Quotes Concerning the new Star Wars Canon Polocy

Post by 2046 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:06 am

December 2013
Victor Barnabé ‏@VictorBarnab
@infinata I think it's too unclear, people don't seem to understand the fact that the films or TCW or Rebels are not like the rest of the EU

Pablo Hidalgo ‏@infinata
@VictorBarnab we try! Some just don't want to hear it. Canon is only what's on the screen - Episodes I-VI, TCW and what's to come.
Pablo has sadly left Twitter but that is quoted in many places.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:10 pm

If it ain't on screen, then screw it?
Damn, they're purer than purists.
Let the hunting of heretics begin.

I also assume they exclude video games. :)

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:46 pm

As one smarmy git put it, "Hey Pablo, my video game is on my screen! TAKE THAT!" or words to that effect.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Regarding the previous quotations, i'm surprised about the possible ditching of any hierarchy.
That said, it's said to be a system that might be used internally. But what is covered by "internally" exactly? Why is there even anything internal to boot? Is it a leftover from the previous Lucas era, a way of speaking so I may say?