Looks like the VS. at BS.com is dying...

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, we don't really have any rules about "the affairs of other boards."
mojo wrote:this is a hardcore thread

it reads more like sdn than sfj
Not quite. There's really only one person being rude here, and the staff - i.e., me - are trying to discourage the vitriol, rather than contributing to it as they would be on SDN.

I may think that SB.com has a history of biased moderation; I may think that Thanatos has been a less than perfect moderator there based on my last reviews of his activity on SB.com. (Not all that recent, actually, so I wouldn't know if much has changed.) However, these are issues that can be discussed in a polite, constructive fashion, rather than in vitriol-filled personal attacks whose only purpose seems to be provoking a reaction.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:Well, we don't really have any rules about "the affairs of other boards."
I don't think anyone really cares about a challenge in name calling between two members who barely post here. But that's your board, you tell me.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:18 am

OmniBack's behavior is not being encourgaged by anyone here, at least not openly. That's the difference.
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 am

while i see what you're saying, i think my comment stands. i've never read anything like that here. i wasn't saying this thread is exactly like a thread you'd see at sdn, i was simply saying it reads a lot more like sdn than what i'm used to reading here at sfj.

anyway, i didn't mean that to be offensive, it was just kind of off the cuff because i was so surprised to read that here.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 pm

mojo - I'm not offended.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Jedi Master Spock wrote:Well, we don't really have any rules about "the affairs of other boards."
I don't think anyone really cares about a challenge in name calling between two members who barely post here. But that's your board, you tell me.
Well, it's strictly up to each of you to be interested in it or not (and therefore talk about it, or not).

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Considering how the very name of this board is "Other Websites" that indeed seems to be the case.

Personally, I like it. I think it's important to talk about the affairs and policies of other boards as part of the larger scope of the Trek vs. Wars debate.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:51 pm

If only Omnistuff could make his point without the vitriol, maybe it would become interesting...

Thanatos
Padawan

Post by Thanatos » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:09 am

However, these are issues that can be discussed in a polite, constructive fashion, rather than in vitriol-filled personal attacks whose only purpose seems to be provoking a reaction.
His post there sums up why he was initially banned and why he keeps getting banned. Even if we don't detect that its a sock puppet upon registration, he tends to get banned anyway because he lacks any kind of self control or maturity, and goes off on people like that, at even people disagreeing with him.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Thanatos wrote:
However, these are issues that can be discussed in a polite, constructive fashion, rather than in vitriol-filled personal attacks whose only purpose seems to be provoking a reaction.
His post there sums up why he was initially banned and why he keeps getting banned. Even if we don't detect that its a sock puppet upon registration, he tends to get banned anyway because he lacks any kind of self control or maturity, and goes off on people like that, at even people disagreeing with him.
Well, not a big loss, eh? :)

Brickman Catalhoyuk
Candidate

Re: Looks like the VS. at BS.com is dying...

Post by Brickman Catalhoyuk » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:05 pm

Thanatos wrote:
Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:09 am
Stay away from libraries and children you evil freak!
l33telboi wrote:
Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:44 am
Go get another booster you scumrag.