Spinning the ICS and SFJN on SDN

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:56 pm

If you ask me it's better if you never go to SDN, like ever.
Well, it depends on how you like to live.
If you enjoy trying to debate people who will never acknowledge any fact that goes against them, and that only use the material that helps them, then SDN is for you.

Also, if you read carefully what is presented, you will find that, as far as SW is concerned, the site is well researched and well presented.
I don't agree with all their conclusions, but it is well written nonetheless.

The only true problem I have is the lack of civility that some SDNers have towards anybody who doesn't agree with them.
But even on that count, they're not all like that.
Yes, most are complete SW fanatics, who would never want to believe anything in ST could hurt SW, but they are not all uncivil.

In a recent thread started by Vivtpf (from Spacebattles), there where a few SDNers who told another member that if he had nothing good to post, he should shut up and leave the thread alone, bacause all he was doing was bashing Viv himself, and not the arguments in the thread.

You can be rigid in your way of thinking, and not be a total asshole towards other people... :)

User1627
Redshirt

Re:

Post by User1627 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 am

Praeothmin wrote:
If you enjoy trying to debate people who will never acknowledge any fact that goes against them, and that only use the material that helps them, then SDN is for you.

Also, if you read carefully what is presented, you will find that, as far as SW is concerned, the site is well researched and well presented.

The only true problem I have is the lack of civility that some SDNers have towards anybody who doesn't agree with them.
Yes, most are complete SW fanatics, who would never want to believe anything in ST could hurt SW, but they are not all uncivil.

In a recent thread started by Vivtpf (from Spacebattles), there where a few SDNers who told another member that if he had nothing good to post, he should shut up and leave the thread alone, bacause all he was doing was bashing Viv himself, and not the arguments in the thread.

You can be rigid in your way of thinking, and not be a total asshole towards other people... :)
aye brill..ur pretty clever aint ya dude

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Re: Spinning the ICS and SFJN on SDN

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

About what Wong said, are there any PhD Trekkies? Just wondering.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Ignoring the thread necromancy, why does it matter if any trekkie has a phd?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:44 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:About what Wong said, are there any PhD Trekkies? Just wondering.
why on earth do you act like this matters?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, if you include this to include anyone who prefers Trek to Wars, then I can tell you that Stephen Hawking is a Trekkie.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:01 am

One of the guys who made the SW vs ST video here is a Ph.D, and thinks Trek would win.

Is that good enough for you?
-Mike

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: Re:

Post by mojo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:13 am

jemimabutterworth wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:

aye brill..ur pretty clever aint ya dude
this is incredibly strange, because although jemimabutterworth was one of my admitted sockpuppets, i did not make this post. i don't even know what it means, literally. is brill a person? is brill praeothmin? is this meant to be sarcastic? why would i post in a thread that was years old and which i'm pretty sure i have never even read?
is it possible that i randomly posted a stanza of 'we're back' into this thread and then, instead of deleting it, a mod changed my post into a sarcastic comment? because GOOD. LORD. that would be an amazing act of trolling. i know that the chances of that being the case are infinitesimal, but otherwise i am left wondering if i am sleep-posting or posting in a fugue state.
SO WEIRD.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

@mojo, if I'm not mistaken, I'm the only one with the power to tracelessly edit posts, and I haven't exactly made a habit of doing that. I used to have a word censor up to blunt the most common rudenesses running around VS communities at the time, but that one never changed anything to "brill."

So I'm pretty sure you, or someone at your computer, posted that.
Mike DiCenso wrote:One of the guys who made the SW vs ST video here is a Ph.D, and thinks Trek would win.

-Mike
Also, don't forget Bernd Schneider (of Ex Astris Scientia), and David Brin. Both have doctorates.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there are others.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:@mojo, if I'm not mistaken, I'm the only one with the power to tracelessly edit posts, and I haven't exactly made a habit of doing that. I used to have a word censor up to blunt the most common rudenesses running around VS communities at the time, but that one never changed anything to "brill."
So I'm pretty sure you, or someone at your computer, posted that.
THAT STUPID CAT!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Khas wrote:Well, if you include this to include anyone who prefers Trek to Wars, then I can tell you that Stephen Hawking is a Trekkie.
lol he is? really? that's funny he also likes the Simpson's man has good taste IMHO

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:One of the guys who made the SW vs ST video here is a Ph.D, and thinks Trek would win.

-Mike
I've always been partial to this myself

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:03 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:

-Mike
I've always been partial to this myself
What episode does Riker have the women going crazy for him. I mean the clip at 0:11. I've been trying to find the context of that scene for years.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 am

I think it's from an episode were Q was trolling every one again

no clue were the "is there any nudity" quote comes from though