Split: SDN: Kindergarden, Fraternity

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
The Elder Dwoof
Padawan

Post by The Elder Dwoof » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Who is like God arbour wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:Yes, all of that is very silly, and I appreciate what you are doing. However we need to be careful ourselves, least we fall into a similar line of thinking. What was the E-E crew doing while they headed back to Earth? Don't know, and it's not all that important to the story just like it was not terribly important to show what the Rebels are doing on their way from Sullust to Endor, nor everything that Han, Chewie, Luke, Obi-Wan, Artoo, and Threepio were doing on the Falcon during their (presumably) several day trip from Tatooine to Alderaan.
I hope, it is obviously, that I'm only playing devil's advocate here. I try to argue, as if I would be a SDN denizen. I'm able to differentiate between what is real logic and what is SDN logic.
"SDN Logic" is an Oxymoron. After all, over there, it's perfectly OK to completely ignore the points being made in a post and simply spam insults if you can't win the argument, and for forum moderators to vandalise poll questions from "can you replicate a space suit?" to "whose (word that could theoretically refer to a male chicken, but usually doesn't) should I suck?"

Sorry, but SDN is the kindergarden of any serious debate.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 am

I hope that you didn't actually pay SDN's stupid membership fee, did you? What a waste of money if you did.... :-/
-Mike

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:06 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:I hope that you didn't actually pay SDN's stupid membership fee, did you? What a waste of money if you did.... :-/
-Mike
There's a membership fee now?

Wow. It's like a fraternity, only sadder.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:36 pm

I presume he's referring to the "hotmail registration fee," whereby one is expected to pay out $5 for any non-ISP account.

That said, the above posts do smell a bit like trollbait to me.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 pm

It, above all, lacks any real constructive argument.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Precisely.

The Elder Dwoof
Padawan

Post by The Elder Dwoof » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Actually, MY post was referring to actual, observed bahavior over there. You can see, for example, the vandalized poll by searching for the MUT 2K Pilot thread that was over there...the CORRECT poll is in the discussion thread here.

As far as I know, relating actual, true, verifiable information isn't trollbait.