SDN and bias: Explain this

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:46 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
Alyeska wrote:You really are a twit aren't you. I already nailed you cold on plagiarism from SD.net to SB.com. You then nitpick the definition of plagiarism to make it look like we are calling you a criminal. You are a sore loser.

Nice thread necro.
Correction what you did was to fish for an "I took partial credit" angle because you knew that there was no way in this earth to make the charge on plagiarizing Mr. Oragahn work stick.
If you didn't notice, I nailed you on the SB.com incident back in September. No need to fish for evidence already at hand. I also declined to ban you in the first place over your recent behavior. As to the work done by Oragahn, you still deliberately copied work from him and did very little to credit him. And as already established you have a history of asking others to do your own research. So I warned you. Others had just grown tired of you all together and decided to upgrade the warning.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Alyeska wrote:You really are a twit aren't you. I already nailed you cold on plagiarism from SD.net to SB.com. You then nitpick the definition of plagiarism to make it look like we are calling you a criminal. You are a sore loser.

Nice thread necro.
Thread necromancy is not the least bit against the rules here.

Calling people names is.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:

Nice thread necro.
Thread necromancy is not the least bit against the rules here.

Calling people names is.
So sue me. Hell, go ahead a ban me. Of all things to call someone, thats a fairly minor name. Especially since he tried an internet tough guy death threat. But don't use the rules excuse on me like that. What I called him is so patently minor as to be irrelevant. As such, I will continue to use such language as I see fit. The threat of a ban does not scare me in the least, nor does the prospect of a real ban. So either remove me, or ignore the extremely minor issue of name calling and let me continue my discussion.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Alyeska wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:

Nice thread necro.
Correction what you did was to fish for an "I took partial credit" angle because you knew that there was no way in this earth to make the charge on plagiarizing Mr. Oragahn work stick.
If you didn't notice, I nailed you on the SB.com incident back in September. No need to fish for evidence already at hand. I also declined to ban you in the first place over your recent behavior. As to the work done by Oragahn, you still deliberately copied work from him and did very little to credit him. And as already established you have a history of asking others to do your own research. So I warned you. Others had just grown tired of you all together and decided to upgrade the warning.
Very little? I specifically named him as the author of the posted formula! How is that little?

Do I ask others to do research in areas that I cannot? Sure I have but I've not taken credit for it either except not deliberately in the instance you mentioned in which I took partial credit for the research that had been posted in the thread I had started back at SDN.

BTW: Why are there no smilies in this board?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Alyeska wrote:So sue me. Hell, go ahead a ban me. Of all things to call someone, thats a fairly minor name. Especially since he tried an internet tough guy death threat. But don't use the rules excuse on me like that. What I called him is so patently minor as to be irrelevant. As such, I will continue to use such language as I see fit. The threat of a ban does not scare me in the least, nor does the prospect of a real ban. So either remove me, or ignore the extremely minor issue of name calling and let me continue my discussion.
We have few rules on this board, and a fairly forgiving enforcement policy (that you might want to read the details of if you haven't already) but I will enforce them as stated.

He is on thinner ice than you are, so far as I am concerned.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
Alyeska wrote:So sue me. Hell, go ahead a ban me. Of all things to call someone, thats a fairly minor name. Especially since he tried an internet tough guy death threat. But don't use the rules excuse on me like that. What I called him is so patently minor as to be irrelevant. As such, I will continue to use such language as I see fit. The threat of a ban does not scare me in the least, nor does the prospect of a real ban. So either remove me, or ignore the extremely minor issue of name calling and let me continue my discussion.
We have few rules on this board, and a fairly forgiving enforcement policy (that you might want to read the details of if you haven't already) but I will enforce them as stated.

I suppose thats something to consider. Duly noted.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:

For what is worth I apologize for that...

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm

PunkMaister wrote:For what is worth I apologize for that...
Playing the Internet Tough Guy only hurts you. Sure, it feels good at first. But in the end you only make a fool of yourself. I should know, I did it once upon a time. In the end I was just a fool.

I posted those pictures as a reminder that you rarely know who you are threatening as you know very little about my life outside of the internet. How do you think it looks when you threaten to kill someone with a gun whom has an extensive arsenal?

Check out the list on the end. When I see threats such as what you presented I find it highly amusing. It also lowers my opinion of the person significantly. You don't try and clear your name by making death threats.

I don't mean to be rude, but you strike me as no older then 20 years old PunkMaister. You lack a formal education in the sciences and do not appreciate critical thinking. I suspect your either in high school or just out of high school and have not gone to college. Your level of hyper emotion also indicates the younger age. You would be well advised to do personal research on the science behind the issues. And don't take everything so personally. You got agitated over a ban from a forum and vented on two others. I dared Jedi Master to ban me. To us its just business. To you everything is personal. You actually commented how low firepower in Stargate was a bad thing and harmed the series. You take the issues way to seriously. Sick back and relax.

PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Alyeska wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:For what is worth I apologize for that...
Playing the Internet Tough Guy only hurts you. Sure, it feels good at first. But in the end you only make a fool of yourself. I should know, I did it once upon a time. In the end I was just a fool.

I posted those pictures as a reminder that you rarely know who you are threatening as you know very little about my life outside of the internet. How do you think it looks when you threaten to kill someone with a gun whom has an extensive arsenal?

Check out the list on the end. When I see threats such as what you presented I find it highly amusing. It also lowers my opinion of the person significantly. You don't try and clear your name by making death threats.

I don't mean to be rude, but you strike me as no older then 20 years old PunkMaister. You lack a formal education in the sciences and do not appreciate critical thinking. I suspect your either in high school or just out of high school and have not gone to college. Your level of hyper emotion also indicates the younger age. You would be well advised to do personal research on the science behind the issues. And don't take everything so personally. You got agitated over a ban from a forum and vented on two others. I dared Jedi Master to ban me. To us its just business. To you everything is personal. You actually commented how low firepower in Stargate was a bad thing and harmed the series. You take the issues way to seriously. Sick back and relax.
Actually I'm 42 years old although my physical appearance is not that of a 40 plus year old man though I look much younger than what I actually am, and it has been like that for as long as I can remember, even at school I was smaller than the rest of the kids which made me an easy target for bullies, but now I look younger than all of them so I guess in a way that worked for the best.

I was not fuming over the BAN but over the Plagiarism charge on Mr. Oragahn's work which was his formula which I duly credited as his own.

I still consider that particular charge unfounded and untrue.

Not everything but I do take charges of theft of any kind very seriously but in the end my zeal to clear my name founded or unfounded ended up in disaster when I issued that stupid death threat in a fit of rage, I have had other rage moments but none as powerful and visceral as the one that prompted me to write that. Talk about falling to the dark side! Looking back at it now horrifies me.

I'm glad that all this took place online and not face to face because I'd probably be sitting in Jail right now on murder or attempted murder. I do need to put that rage in check. that rage is the reason I avoid fights like the plague for the most part because I know that I will most likely not be able to hold back. The only other time that rage took over was well over 2 decades ago when in a fit of rage I smashed a flashlight on my cousin's head.

Thankfully the only thing that got smashed was the flashlight but you get the picture of this rage thing...

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:54 pm

Alyeska wrote:Playing the Internet Tough Guy only hurts you. Sure, it feels good at first. But in the end you only make a fool of yourself. I should know, I did it once upon a time.
Like when you posted pictures of yourself with guns?
In the end I was just a fool.
Quite right.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:06 pm

l33telboi wrote:Like when you posted pictures of yourself with guns?
I threatened no one. I merely posted pictures of myself as an example of the absurdity of threatening people over the internet.
Quite right.
And you would be a fool for assuming my pictures were anything other then an example of the absurdity of the original threat.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Alyeska wrote:I threatened no one. I merely posted pictures of myself as an example of the absurdity of threatening people over the internet.
If that was your attempt - then you fucked up quite horribly.
And you would be a fool for assuming my pictures were anything other then an example of the absurdity of the original threat.
The only fool here is you if you really thought posting pictures of yourself with guns would come off as anything else then you trying be an internet toughguy act.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:42 pm

l33telboi wrote:If that was your attempt - then you fucked up quite horribly.

The only fool here is you if you really thought posting pictures of yourself with guns would come off as anything else then you trying be an internet toughguy act.
So threatening to kill me and the rest of the administration of SD.net does not make PunkMaister a fool. But posting pictures with no threat and merely as a counter point to PunkMaister makes me a fool.

I am a fool for posting those pictures, but PunkMaister claiming that a court of laws statement of what is and is not criminal does not qualify as to what is and is not criminal.

I am not the fool here. And PunkMaister now has company.

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Alyeska wrote:So threatening to kill me and the rest of the administration of SD.net does not make PunkMaister a fool.
It does.
But posting pictures with no threat and merely as a counter point to PunkMaister makes me a fool.
It does.
I am a fool for posting those pictures,
Yes, you are.
but PunkMaister claiming that a court of laws statement of what is and is not criminal does not qualify as to what is and is not criminal.
I couldn't care less about your arguments regarding 'criminal' stuff. It's the damn internet.
I am not the fool here.
Oh but you are, because only a complete fucking idiot and weakling responds to a death threat on the net by posting pictures of himself with guns. Do you know how much of a damn pussy that makes you look like?
And PunkMaister now has company.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Alyeska
Bridge Officer

Post by Alyeska » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 pm

He has no idea who I am or where I live. Why should I feel scared of an empty threat? His is not the first death threat I've had. There is nothing special about PunkMaister. You are making assumptions about my motives that do not pan out. If I wanted to I could take his IP address and back track it and present evidence to his ISP that he sent me a death threat and get him in trouble if I so desired. I am not doing that because I am not taking it seriously. And as evidence by my not taking it seriously I posted staged photos of myself. Come on man, I posted a picture of myself in a Dirty Harry pose. How the hell can you take such a thing seriously? Oh yeah, I am a tough guy by posting staged photos of myself.

Get with the program EliteBoy. Your just making a fool of yourself by trying to push this point of view.