Most insane "fan" base?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Most insane "fan" base?

Post by Lucky » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:36 am

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... se.326445/

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... or.326733/

This has to be the most insane fandom that I have ever seen, and I'm not talking about the Marvel fandom.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Most insane "fan" base?

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:48 am

Is there any particular message that presents them as insane?
The universe they rely on is typical manga exagerated stuff, and it looks Marvels fans don't have their crap handed to them after realizing (perhaps) that they're dealing with an equally retarded setting where creators have no will to apply restraints to feats which therefore turn god like/cosmic/comical/else.

I picked thread 2, found a link to Naruto forums (my god) and read up to page three or four (derp), found this:
Berserker (White) [Servant?]
The Servant you fight in the fourth round, version 2.
Her Master, Gatou Monji.
A funny vamp with disheveled hair and vicious crimson eyes.
Fanservice, as people would call it.
Not actually a Servant, but a mysterious creature Gato brought with him from the Earth. A princess who doesnft seem to be getting any time to shine but has been quite busy, like becoming a cat, or becoming Yuzu-nee, or becoming a silicon lifeform. Shefs hoping very much for a speedy release for the remake.

Incidentally, in the EXTRA world where the information world has become more mainstream than the physical world, she isn't so all-powerful.
In the information world, legends become truth, so the deifications of natural phenomena, the so-called "Gods" often have powers greater than that of the original natural phenomena.
Still, there's no mistake about her being on the broken level if she gained her sanity back.
Her authority of "reducing all abilities of any target to a sixth if the stage is the moon" should be an effective countermeasure against other enemies on the same broken tier.
Since itfs a conceptual numerical alteration, there's no means of avoiding it while on the moon. Even BB who became the Moon Cell is subject to this restriction.

If we're talking only about EXTRA and CCC, she's about the only one who can bring the Golden Fur White Face down "to circumstances where its possible to defeat her, however little the chances may be".
I don't pretend understanding more than a half of this stuff, but basically, each universe has its top roof which is "I has become teh gOD".
Anything scales up from manga levels (already hax) to Ultimate Infinite Crimson Love!!
(because Japanese love to associate words that make no sense and I'm afraid my Occidental brain still has produced a term that does make sense).

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Fri May 08, 2015 8:26 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Is there any particular message that presents them as insane?
Well, when I was reading the threads it seemed like a number of no limits fallacies were claimed all the while the evidence showed clear limits in the same post.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: The universe they rely on is typical manga exagerated stuff, and it looks Marvels fans don't have their crap handed to them after realizing (perhaps) that they're dealing with an equally retarded setting where creators have no will to apply restraints to feats which therefore turn god like/cosmic/comical/else.
You're coming off as rather ignorant on the topic you are talking about. This is like saying all novels are X based on just reading a few Star Wars novels. It's an art style and covers as broud a range as its "western" counter parts.

I think you'd like Cowboy Bebop.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: I picked thread 2, found a link to Naruto forums (my god) and read up to page three or four (derp), found this:

I don't pretend understanding more than a half of this stuff, but basically, each universe has its top roof which is "I has become teh gOD".
Anything scales up from manga levels (already hax) to Ultimate Infinite Crimson Love!!
(because Japanese love to associate words that make no sense and I'm afraid my Occidental brain still has produced a term that does make sense).
The only derp I'm seeing is from you.

I'm not familiar with the series, but from the looks of what you quoted, they seem to be mixing technobabble that is unique to the setting with what is possibly game machines.

Assuming the "Information World" is suppose to be a physical location rather then a literal work of fiction, it would appear that the laws of physics are slightly different there making belief and or imagination become reality to a certain degree. It sounds kind of like the warp VS material world in Warhammer 40,000, or the difference between the human world and the pony world in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Your whole, "It's a Japanese thing that doesn't make sense" really makes you sound like you are a rather rude, ignorant, racist.
Marvel comics has things like the Microverse, the Negative Zone
Stsr Trek has Subspace.
Xanth has Xanth.
Rifts has is built around parallel dimensions and universes where the physics is slightly different everywhere.
Dungeons & Dragons has a number of "plains" and dimensions.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat May 09, 2015 12:48 am

Lucky wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Is there any particular message that presents them as insane?
Well, when I was reading the threads it seemed like a number of no limits fallacies were claimed all the while the evidence showed clear limits in the same post.
Both sides brought forth insane feats which were just as canonical as the tame feats.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: The universe they rely on is typical manga exagerated stuff, and it looks Marvels fans don't have their crap handed to them after realizing (perhaps) that they're dealing with an equally retarded setting where creators have no will to apply restraints to feats which therefore turn god like/cosmic/comical/else.
You're coming off as rather ignorant on the topic you are talking about. This is like saying all novels are X based on just reading a few Star Wars novels. It's an art style and covers as broud a range as its "western" counter parts.
As a whole, Action fantasy mangas pull insane shit all the time, and that is nothing new. Been going on for decades. There's even a name for that trope, manga physics. That is, even stuff that should appear normal is just supercharged.
Modern animes just do as much (I mean, decades ago they were already making crazy stuff but now some of them show no restraints whatsoever).
Marvel also has issues wherein certain heroes or villains are cranked up to silly levels barely made legit by plot. In other words, creators gone mad. Wank between pages 23 and 24.
So both sides can get top silly, that's all. There's no ignorance to be found here.
Looks like you considered one side insane while I see nothing new nor better from either side.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: I picked thread 2, found a link to Naruto forums (my god) and read up to page three or four (derp), found this:

The only derp I'm seeing is from you.
Derp.
(not aimed at you)
I'm not familiar with the series, but from the looks of what you quoted, they seem to be mixing technobabble that is unique to the setting with what is possibly game machines.
Game machines? :/
Your whole, "It's a Japanese thing that doesn't make sense" really makes you sound like you are a rather rude, ignorant, racist.
Ignorant, maybe, although I'd wager I was already consuming manga when you were sucking your mom's tits.
Manga is a Japanese thing, you know, and for the appropriate action/fantasy/SF categories, they rarely avoid the pitfall of manga physics and insane feats. If I were to pick popular products moved to TV, I'd name Dragon Ball, Bleach and Naruto as examples. Just a few.
Now, if just stating non-discriminatory facts which cannot be divorced from a cultural reality makes me a racist, I guess you're just a faggot made of sugar. :)
Marvel comics has things like the Microverse, the Negative Zone
Stsr Trek has Subspace.
Xanth has Xanth.
Rifts has is built around parallel dimensions and universes where the physics is slightly different everywhere.
Dungeons & Dragons has a number of "plains" and dimensions.
Yeah and my aunt has super powers too. Who gives? My point was that there's nothing insane about the fan base. They quote a material that does have canonical evidence of über hax powers.
Deal with it.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Tue May 12, 2015 10:32 am

This is a general post as a warning. I'm seeing several issues cropping up already in this thread, as well as others. There have been multiple statements about faith and race and even sexuality across these threads, as well as remarks that could be certainly considered inflammatory.

Keep things respectful, and keep the inflammatory remarks down, and certainly do not put in derogatory remarks to insult other posters, even if doing so was believed to be done in jest or for comedic value. Everyone here has demonstrated themselves to be more than capable of restraining from such comments and being able to debate faithfully. As such remarks such as those above are clearly not in keeping with the rules of this forum. They shall not be tolerated in this thread, or in any other.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed May 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Trinoya wrote:This is a general post as a warning. I'm seeing several issues cropping up already in this thread, as well as others. There have been multiple statements about faith and race and even sexuality across these threads, as well as remarks that could be certainly considered inflammatory.

Keep things respectful, and keep the inflammatory remarks down, and certainly do not put in derogatory remarks to insult other posters, even if doing so was believed to be done in jest or for comedic value. Everyone here has demonstrated themselves to be more than capable of restraining from such comments and being able to debate faithfully. As such remarks such as those above are clearly not in keeping with the rules of this forum. They shall not be tolerated in this thread, or in any other.
Does that mean I still have to explain the non racist nature of my commentaries, which Lucky found offending? And does that mean he's more than welcome to calm down and stop being automatically aggressive in every single reply to me across all the board, because that's what he's doing. I can handle entitled opinions, but not cheap agressivity because of one's axe waiting for some grindin'.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Thu May 14, 2015 12:06 am

It means that lines such as this...
Mr. Oragahn wrote: I guess you're just a faggot made of sugar. :)
are well and beyond what is considered acceptable.

Cocytus
Jedi Knight

Post by Cocytus » Thu May 14, 2015 12:30 am

Bronies.

Why is this even a discussion?

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

Cocytus wrote:Bronies.

I am inclined to agree.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu May 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Trinoya wrote:It means that lines such as this...
Mr. Oragahn wrote: I guess you're just a faggot made of sugar. :)
are well and beyond what is considered acceptable.
Sure, ok, but then what about the accusations voiced by Lucky?
Do I have to defend myself from them, yes or no?

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 am

Me and Mike have discussed the ongoing issues between you and Lucky.

As it stands a rivalry or a following of one poster or another into other threads, or defense of ones statements does not automatically call for our intervention.

What does is obvious attacks on other posters or trolling/flamebaiting. As such the posts here represent our intervention before points start getting thrown out.

In short, keep it clean and honest.

Darth Spock
Bridge Officer

Post by Darth Spock » Fri May 15, 2015 12:56 am

Trinoya wrote:

I am inclined to agree.
Phht. Yeah, bronies. What a bunch of weirdos. Sure glad I'm not one.

Uh... Chocolate milk.

Cocytus
Jedi Knight

Post by Cocytus » Fri May 15, 2015 1:09 am

Darth Spock wrote:
Trinoya wrote:

I am inclined to agree.
Phht. Yeah, bronies. What a bunch of weirdos. Sure glad I'm not one.

Uh... Chocolate milk.
She only did that because Discord brainwashed her into.........

Wait.

FUCK

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri May 15, 2015 1:17 am

I maintain that you bronies are members of the psi-corp subverting all the fan bases.

EeeEEEeeeEeEeVILLLLLL!

Darth Spock
Bridge Officer

Post by Darth Spock » Fri May 15, 2015 3:47 am

*EVIL LAUGHTER*