ST.com

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

ST.com

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:41 pm

So I decided to start posting a bit in the Star Trek vs Star Wars thread over at ST.com...

... I am personally amazed that the moderators there are letting certain characters get away with that much anti-Trek trolling. Aside from that, it looks to be fairly typical - the thread is, of course, 130 pages long.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:20 pm

Do you have a direct link to this, JMS?
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Do you have a direct link to this, JMS?
-Mike
This should work.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:51 pm

At what point, if any, do you get involved?
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:56 pm

Scratch that, never mind. I found you getting into it pretty late in the thread. And yes, I have to agree, I do wonder why the mods for ST.com aren't doing more to curtail some of the more nasty trolling and other negative behavior.
-Mike

watchdog
Jedi Knight

Post by watchdog » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:30 am

My hats off to you sir for consistently dealing with the two main warsies trotting out the usual arguments, I dont know where you get the patience. Like that one guy who keeps bringing up the silly ICS data or constantly linking to Wong as if he's the alpha and omega of the Trek/Wars debate and then denegrating Darkstar just because Wong told him his ideas were crap.
All those numbers and calculations being flung around make me dizzy, I prefer to deal with what I can see and make sense of.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:38 pm

They're having lots of fun at SDN with your posts too:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... &start=175

They even have a nice nickname for you.
My, my, JMS, I believe you've made a few admirers on SDN... :)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Double-posted by mistake... like a noob... :)
Last edited by Praeothmin on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:04 pm

If someone could explain how Connor MacLeod goes from statements like this:
I, in [url=http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154]a thread[/url] wrote:I don't think any of us have much trouble with the idea that one hit from a WH40K ship's capital weapons is likely to kill a Trek ship.
To paraphrasing me like this:
Connor MacLeod wrote:Speaking of amusing, ,as I recall Jedi Master Spock was also once noted as saying 40K ships were inferior to ST as well.
I would appreciate understanding that.

Anyway, it's more interesting to see what's not being talked about in that thread than what is.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:03 am

Good grief, people. Did you seriously expect after all this time for these people to debate and deal with the whole Versus thing in anything like an honest and reasoned fashion? Did you notice how fast the SDN attack dogs like Darth Servo were there on the scene to spew venom and proganda into the whole ST.com debate?

Seriously. After all this time, what do we really expect of them?
-Mike

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:41 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Good grief, people. Did you seriously expect after all this time for these people to debate and deal with the whole Versus thing in anything like an honest and reasoned fashion?
What, didn't you?
Did you notice how fast the SDN attack dogs like Darth Servo were there on the scene to spew venom and proganda into the whole ST.com debate?
Doesn't he skulk around at st.com normally?
Seriously. After all this time, what do we really expect of them?
Evolution. It isn't always in the way we would expect or like, but it does happen for them.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:16 am

Actually, trotting everything out at ST.com has helped me realize which pages (about a hundred of them) really need work in order to look like anything but a pile of notes to myself.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:10 pm

I hat to say this to you JMS, but you disappointed some of them.

They were expecting you to be better, but it seems you're just like any other trekkie, rehashing old, beat-out arguments to prove your points.

And do you honestly believe a Tricorder could penetrate the inch-thick neutronium-laced panel (it must be, heck everything seems to be in SDN's version of SW) of a compartmentthat was specifically made for smuggling?

Come on JMS, I thought you were brighter then this... :)

Kazeite
Bridge Officer

Post by Kazeite » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:50 pm

And wasn't Han & Co already out of smuggling compartment when scanning team showed up? :)

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:58 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I hat to say this to you JMS, but you disappointed some of them.

They were expecting you to be better, but it seems you're just like any other trekkie, rehashing old, beat-out arguments to prove your points.

And do you honestly believe a Tricorder could penetrate the inch-thick neutronium-laced panel (it must be, heck everything seems to be in SDN's version of SW) of a compartmentthat was specifically made for smuggling?

Come on JMS, I thought you were brighter then this... :)
Well, for the record, I'm particularly disappointed that the SDN crowd seems to be paying absolutely no attention to the whole EU/smaller superlasers issue I've raised, either at ST.com (they've simply complained that I must not know what I'm talking about rather than addressing the problem of sources giving the Eclipse superlaser "two thirds" the power of a Death Star beam) or at SDN - or appreciating the length I've gone to type out long listings of episodes, or count the numbers of episodes in which something happens.

I've cited more episodes than were probably mentioned in the previous ten pages of posts in that thread. They should appreciate that if nothing else.