Here Ye, Hear Me

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Re: Here Ye, Hear Me

Post by Lucky » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:40 am

359 wrote: I wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first...

And for it being a trap, maybe, but most of my complaints were pre-existing just not voiced. It's odd from my perspective as I am not normally one to respond pathos arguments, really at all. But with some distance I can see I did overreact a bit. However I do maintain that I was made uncomfortable with several things being said at various points in time. That being said I was not around for the bad parts of the debate, having only started watching it back in 2011, so I probably see online insults in the debates on a slightly different scale when compared to many others.

And while I strongly disagree with the tone of Mike's comment, I do agree with the content. Even though I sympathize with Brian in this situation, this does not affect how I will comment on the material and arguments he puts forward. He, as a person, has my sympathies for he clearly feels upset (justified or not) however his arguments do not.
Lucky wrote: The "tone" of Mike's comment? While Brian took ofense from the first line, I fail to see a clearly definable tone in the post itself. It could be taken as Mike joking around or Mike frustrated with Brian's behavior.
+++++

I haven't seen anything from Brian that says his sob stories are anything other then stories in a lame attempt to get sympathy so that his critics will stop being critical of his videos. All my life I've seen it over and over again, the big bad bully who picks on the little guy meets someone who pushes back, and so the big bad bully runs to mommy for help with fake tears in their eyes and a mouth full of lies.

I've seen far too much of this sort of tug at your heart strings B.S. to be moved by. You shouldn't fall for such obvious psychological tactics.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:[Teal'c impression]

"Indeed. Those are only the words of a man. I believe true absolution requires meaningful action."

[/Teal'c impression]
Are you being respectful or insulting because I had mothers ambushing me on the way home from school because their sons would lie to them.