Virus-X and the Section 31 Project at ST-v-SW.Net

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Starship Captain

Re: Virus-X and the Section 31 Project at ST-v-SW.Net

Post by 2046 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 am

Sothis wrote:I have no idea if Virus-X intentionally put his site out there, or if it was Google being clever and finding a reference out of nothing.
I checked at the time. I saw a link on some random message board or other (maybe MSN or Yahoo like you mention?) and as I recall it appeared to be by his hand, unless it was instead by yours. I can't find that now.

I used your page simply because it was the most obvious use of it (I had been tempted to do a "1, 2" linking to different locations where I found it but just used yours alone instead), and the text at the time suggested it was something that had been shared as part of some old debate.

As I recall I also googled just to see if it was locatable that way and came up dry, but it has been a few months.

I would be disappointed to learn that you had simply found it somehow, a decade later, and decided to post a voluminous response to it. I do get the sense that you two sparred quite a bit but that would be a tad obsessive.
I would be most interested in knowing what other material he put together, though of course, whether you make that public is up to you (after all, it's his material).
Since you indicated elsewhere that you found him on Facebook and sent him a message, I presume you can contact him whereas I found no reference to him.

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Re: Virus-X and the Section 31 Project at ST-v-SW.Net

Post by Sothis » Tue May 06, 2014 5:31 am

*Shrug* as I said initially on my site, I did it for the sake of posterity. If you find that to be obsessive... well, I see it as no worse than some of the ongoing Trek v Wars arguments going on. Certainly, I wouldn't see it as bad as creating several Youtube vids on the subject, or several sites by one person deecrying a single site (and I'm not referring to anyone here, just so we're clear).