40K Grand Firepower Quantification's

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Lucky
Jedi Master

40K Grand Firepower Quantification's

Post by Lucky » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 pm

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... ns.250255/
A rather interesting 40K thread by Demon of all people. He seems to try to organize various bits of 40K fluff by what level of yield would be needed to cause the event.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: 40K Grand Firepower Quantification's

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 am

Aaaww, the same ol' legion of wankers can't really get their heads around the idea that some intelligent posters might actually get their evidence and set of logical conclusions outside of SDN or SBC.
Boo-hoo. :P

Apparently the OP was edited or something, otherwise Penguin semi-puzzled and semi-offended reply wouldn't make much sense.
Space Penguin, Feb 19, 2013 wrote: Fix your post's format. Also, you can check out SD.net's Archive and the main sci-fi thread for what books you can find ships firing their weapons.

But seriously Starfleet Jedi?!
Never mind that it is precisely here that several quotes were provided in their complete context, alongside other original ones.
What's the point listening to a douche who'll just snob a website because of some reputation anyway?
I don't particularly fancy SDN yet this never was a problem to go read some arguments of find quotes.
Only idiots limit themselves in that fashion.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... st-9959937

That Guderian2nd is just parroting what he has read elsewhere (SDN I guess).

Proof that people don't read what they paste.
Nostramo is nowhere "core explicit" proof of giga/peta/teratons.

http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... 256#p20256

Scroll down the post a little bit to get to the cyan title.

He even pulls the age old "petals of flame" quote which was debunked, even on SBC, a long time ago, thanks to my and l33telboi's efforts.
Who would have thought they wouldn't care?

User15046
Redshirt

Post by User15046 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I feel nothing like the GFQ thread had been done at Spacebattles before, most there go with the general gigatons consensus with NO research of their own. These people have even implied any other opinion on firepower besides the consensus they blindly follow is actually "INSANE" lol. That is frustrating.

Drawing a distinction between explicit events and descriptions is something i had rarely seen there either.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Magos wrote:I feel nothing like the GFQ thread had been done at Spacebattles before, most there go with the general gigatons consensus with NO research of their own. These people have even implied any other opinion on firepower besides the consensus they blindly follow is actually "INSANE" lol. That is frustrating.

Drawing a distinction between explicit events and descriptions is something i had rarely seen there either.
Welcome to democracy ! :|

User15046
Redshirt

Post by User15046 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Magos wrote:I feel nothing like the GFQ thread had been done at Spacebattles before, most there go with the general gigatons consensus with NO research of their own. These people have even implied any other opinion on firepower besides the consensus they blindly follow is actually "INSANE" lol. That is frustrating.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Magos wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:

Ok and? :)
Did your keyboard get disconnected?

User15046
Redshirt

Post by User15046 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:18 pm

lol, not sure what happened there! Don'ts remember what i wrote, its not important.