Split: Backups and archives

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Socar
Bridge Officer

Post by Socar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:04 pm

GStone wrote:Okay, how did you find this one? I was fresh out of ideas.
Google, Yahoo and Gigablast (which is somewhat new) are the only search engines I know of that cache results. I had just forgotten about Gigablast until now, since I don't really use it much.
GStone wrote:I looked down it and there are only a few relevent links that aren't much help.
Try: http://www.gigablast.com/search?q=%2Bsi ... c=0&c=main

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:31 am

Thanks.

You so rock!!!

It only gives you 200 results and not all of them are in the pure discussion forum. I tried copying a link and plugging it into the section of the address of the cached page, but it didn't do anything.

Anyone got any ideas on playing with it to get the other pages? Maybe I did it wrong or something.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:37 am

Great find there, Socar! Unfortunately Gigablast doesn't seem to have any cached pages from Strek-v-SWars.Net. At least none that I can find right off (although there are plenty of SDN pages cached that have references to the Strek-v-SWars.Net forum threads.
-Mike

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:37 pm

I just checked and Darkstar still has his forum up and, even though it is closed, there are some very choice pieces in the threads to use.