SciFights Kaput

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Starship Captain

SciFights Kaput

Post by 2046 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Originally misposted here: http://www.starfleetjedi.net/forum/view ... =8&t=47121
2046 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:19 pm
I've even seen EU Completists running amok just recently, like Japanese soldiers in the 1950s thinking World War II is still a thing.

That said, the simple fact is that while details and holdouts remain,
Right, so . . . huh.

The EU Completists on Twitter and elsewhere are definitely a thing, but the reference to "holdouts" was specific to the old pro-Wars Trek-hating inflationist crowd, so naturally another individual came to mind. I finally got around to looking to see what new nonsense he was spewing via his old video sleight-of-hand and . . . poof.

It's all gone.

The YouTube videos are deleted.
Scifights.net is down.
His Twitter is mostly just him still doing that creepy-simping at semi-famous women and making unusually simpleton-grade comments. It's only interesting in that, like Wayne Poe before him, he seems to have transitioned toward goofy alien UFO and paranormal stuff. (The Warsie->Wacko-Paranormal-Ufologist pipeline is inadequately studied.)

Suffice it to say, though, Scifights.net being down could've been a server or billing hiccup, but the YouTube deletion along with it? It's over.

I'm not even seeing any indication of when it all happened. I went to ASVS.org and saw nothing new. The Wayback Machine suggests his site was alive in early 2021 but it doesn't seem to have archived his site with much regularity. The only clue it is recent is that Google still has his pages in its search cache, which used to suggest a week or so but apparently can go as far as 90 days.

I'm almost disappointed, in a way. As Picard578 noted, "I don't think we will be seeing any more major Star Trek vs Star Wars debate, beyond normal VS debates on forums." The SciFights thing was never major, but it was the next closest thing. It was, to borrow from the SW EU, like an "Imperial Remnant" state . . . not the Empire, but all the trappings, so if you missed the old war (in either sense of the term "missed"), it was still there for you, somewhat current.

Huh.