Leo1 has been banned from Spacebattles

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Khas
Starship Captain

Leo1 has been banned from Spacebattles

Post by Khas » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 pm

Happened a few months ago, but I haven't been able to find out just why it happened. Can't say I'm upset, though.

Starship Captain

Re: Leo1 has been banned from Spacebattles

Post by 2046 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:17 am

Who?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:02 am

Vympel. "Leo1" is just the name he uses - or rather, used, on Spacebattles. He was one of Wong's most ardent disciples.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 am

I remember he went by "Vympel" on the old Strek-vs-SWars forum back in the day, but he quickly left when he realized he had no support from the Wong Mob there. A lot of member names were lost for this forum during the last major hiccup, so I don't recall if he ever migrated here. Or given that he used two different names, it's quite possible that he has used sock accounts. Maybe Kane Starkiller is one of his?

Anyway, I don't know what the circumstances were so I can't pass judgement on whether or not this is a good thing with regards to Spacebattles and if they're reformed from the days when its staff got taken over by Wongites.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:00 pm

True. I was just saying that it's an interesting development, is all, given how prominent he was there.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Khas wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:00 pm
True. I was just saying that it's an interesting development, is all, given how prominent he was there.
I never got an account there and I can't really be bothered to look up his profile there to see when his last posts were made and under what circumstances, so if you want to check in on that, feel free and let us know what you find.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:11 pm

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the post that explained why he was banned. His last post was in some thread discussing the Russian military.