Time Control in SW

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Time Control in SW

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes, notice how I altered the original title. Link originally provided here.

Funny how with all the bullshit about thousands of gees, near c cruising speeds and a hyperspace that is just, in fact, going beyond c into tachyon land, has conveniently "forced" him to come with a whole bag of tricks regarding time control.
Mind you, as put out by Sarli, the inertia dampening systems and, even more, the gravity manipulators such as the devices found on Interdictors imply a manipulation of space time.
However, hardly would they prove to be a physical danger to a ship aside from the tremors one felt when flying through a cone of interdiction. And that was quite a far fetched tech, something quite unique and of much superior might than the bread and butter of the usual technological wonders found on starships.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Time Control in SW

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:39 am

I'm moving this to Other websites since it is more a commentary on an off-site forum's discussion rather than actually going into detail on the possibility of Star Wars tech having a space-time manipulation component.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

Post something of relevance MIKE!
I need more clicks!

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Yes, notice how I altered the original title. Link originally provided here.

Funny how with all the bullshit about thousands of gees, near c cruising speeds and a hyperspace that is just, in fact, going beyond c into tachyon land, has conveniently "forced" him to come with a whole bag of tricks regarding time control.
Mind you, as put out by Sarli, the inertia dampening systems and, even more, the gravity manipulators such as the devices found on Interdictors imply a manipulation of space time.
However, hardly would they prove to be a physical danger to a ship aside from the tremors one felt when flying through a cone of interdiction. And that was quite a far fetched tech, something quite unique and of much superior might than the bread and butter of the usual technological wonders found on starships.
Is someone claiming Saxton says antimatter travels backwards in time? That would be rather bad for Saxton's rep if true.