Old debates on SB

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1390
Padawan

Old debates on SB

Post by User1390 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 pm

SB search is now working and ive been looking at old posts and debates on some topics including debates done by some users on sfj. many of us have been banned or have left sb in disgust but i was thinking if you had the chance to debate without one side being unfairly helped by moderators, are there any debates you would go back to now knowing what you do about the opposition?

is there a versus debate where new information has come out or you have discovered new information?

are you more confadient of beating someone when they don't have mods on there side
Would you invite someone over to SFJ to debate in a neutral forum where there is less bias and they wouldn't get away with their behaviour if so, who?

links to some of these old threads would be useful to see how people arguments might evoleve and we can see what sort of bias got you banned as well1

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Old debates on SB

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Obviously I think I'd poke a few hammies since I learned more about 40K but I know that the people I faced were not the kind to even bother subscribe on another forum at all. I'm pretty sure you could provoke them in a 5 rounds duel and they'd find all sorts of excuses to stay where they are, most likely resorting to the ban as the ultimate disqualifying factor.

SBC largely banned people because of Star Wars and Warhammer 40000. Other franchises, they just didn't care, there was no fan brigade to harp on you that had enough ties with the mods or had mods equally concerned about the supremacy of those other franchises.

As for SDN, I believe they didn't like Haloites much so there'd be room for new Halo vs. [...] debates now, with the "young races"'s firepower being stabilized at a low level and the greater and older factions having plenty of high level tech.

One could also try sciforums or factpile, although you'd probably have to deal with local trolls. I hear that factpile seems to keep them at bay, but sciforums has some specimens such as Ricecry or some shit like that...