Brian Young's new website is up!

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Brian Young's new website is up!

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Hey guys, i thought you might want to see something...
Brian provided me with a High-Res movie capture that could show the Acclamator's fabled guns...
You should check it out...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Hey guys, i thought you might want to see something...
Brian provided me with a High-Res movie capture that could show the Acclamator's fabled guns...
You should check it out...
Okay, I'll take a look when I get home.

Skimming back through his replies I was curious if you knew which of his vidoes spoke of the gun towers on the DS being shielded, a claim I don't believe I've seen previously, and maybe a rough timestamp of its location within. I figure Its in his ICS one but any help narrowing it down would of course be apreciated.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

It should be the ICS one, since that's where he says the ICS firepower is supported by the movies, and the X-wing attack on the DS...

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Fri May 25, 2012 7:22 pm

We require more links.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Praeothmin wrote:It should be the ICS one, since that's where he says the ICS firepower is supported by the movies, and the X-wing attack on the DS...
Figured as much. Thanks.
Trinoya wrote:We require more links.
This should be what he's talking about. Number 14 post if something goofed up.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks sonoffccn, I can't link anything when at work because for some reason ASVS is blocked now...
And I only barely have time to reply a few sentences at home because of my family life, training, dancing classes and play-acting rehearsals...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Thanks sonoffccn, I can't link anything when at work because for some reason ASVS is blocked now...
And I only barely have time to reply a few sentences at home because of my family life, training, dancing classes and play-acting rehearsals...
... and err yoga?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 am

Okay took a look at Mr. Young's guns on acclamator clip...I don't know...I just don't see it. The first one I see a couple of shadows and what might be something sticking aft side but at such a choppy resolution it could merely be distortion. The second I see something that could be a gun emplacement or darn near anything else. The third...I just see different shading.

Judging from this these are not small guns, at least in relation to the ridge their built on which I see clearly enough, and to my amature, untrained mind I can't understand why I can't see them on the first ship at least. Its fairly close and appears to be in a good position to show them off. I don't know...not saying they can't be there but I can't see them.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Sat May 26, 2012 3:45 am

Interesting shots, but I'm still just seeing blurry lines ultimately.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 am

Praeothmin wrote:The suêr leeway policy is still there, but I guess the debate will be more structured...
I have started to debate on Brian's videos.
He's a nice guy, and replies politely...
I'm sure you guys would have fun there debating him...
Exactly. Nothing so dramatic as a total change. More like a refinement of purpose. Less random trolling, more Sci-Fi.

Tyralak
Bridge Officer

Post by Tyralak » Sun May 27, 2012 3:41 am

How long have you been banned from there, Mr. O?

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:http://www.scifights.net/SciFights.net/Welcome.html

Interesting move, to use video instead of text, but he really presents some insightful arguments.

I'd recommend that you watch his videos on ICS's, even if you are the most rabid Trekkie alive.
They feel like he is at times just rambling at times, and hasn't taken the time to research or properly organize the data.

Why go off on a tangent about robots that has nothing to do with Star Wars in a video about Storm Trooper armor? He certainly wasn't talking about any of the droids I saw in Star Wars.

Why assume the Doomsday Machine's particle beam was not extremely powerful because it was an anti-matter beam? The Doomsday Machine was eating planets in a matter of days at most. That would require a powerful beam to cut those planets into nice bite size peaces.
How would the beam being antimatter help it cut up planets any faster?(this doesn't quiet sound right)

Why assume a Phased ion cannon in Star Trek is the same weapon as is used in Star Wars? They don't seem to do the same thing.

Why is there no armor from Deep Space 9 episodes in the video about body armor?
_____
Given this statement over at ASVS
Brian-Young http://forums.asvs.org/showthread.php/2178-Episode-II-Incredible-Cross-Sections-How-were-the-numbers-derived/page2 wrote:Again, sorry if that sounds short. It took 30 minutes to type that. Another reason to do video.
I have to think he doesn't care about doing a good job with his videos. If he doesn't want to put even a half an hours work into his hobby he shouldn't be doing it.

I put a half hour to days worth of work into single posts often because I want the information to be correct, and want things done right.

Smurf, I've put about an hour into this post at least.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Tyralak wrote:How long have you been banned from there, Mr. O?
I was forced to leave spacebattles nearly two years ago after a final series of posts against Wankhammer fanboys who were backed up by the mods. I haven't bothered with sockpuppets since that day. There's no point trying to return to a board where you're not welcome because you challenge a dogma with solid new ways. SBC's VS is mostly about idiots peddling the same bullshit without thinking.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon May 28, 2012 6:33 am

Lucky wrote:
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:http://www.scifights.net/SciFights.net/Welcome.html

Interesting move, to use video instead of text, but he really presents some insightful arguments.

I'd recommend that you watch his videos on ICS's, even if you are the most rabid Trekkie alive.
They feel like he is at times just rambling at times, and hasn't taken the time to research or properly organize the data.

Why go off on a tangent about robots that has nothing to do with Star Wars in a video about Storm Trooper armor? He certainly wasn't talking about any of the droids I saw in Star Wars.

Why assume the Doomsday Machine's particle beam was not extremely powerful because it was an anti-matter beam? The Doomsday Machine was eating planets in a matter of days at most. That would require a powerful beam to cut those planets into nice bite size peaces.
How would the beam being antimatter help it cut up planets any faster?(this doesn't quiet sound right)

Why assume a Phased ion cannon in Star Trek is the same weapon as is used in Star Wars? They don't seem to do the same thing.

Why is there no armor from Deep Space 9 episodes in the video about body armor?
_____
Given this statement over at ASVS
Brian-Young http://forums.asvs.org/showthread.php/2178-Episode-II-Incredible-Cross-Sections-How-were-the-numbers-derived/page2 wrote:Again, sorry if that sounds short. It took 30 minutes to type that. Another reason to do video.
I have to think he doesn't care about doing a good job with his videos. If he doesn't want to put even a half an hours work into his hobby he shouldn't be doing it.

I put a half hour to days worth of work into single posts often because I want the information to be correct, and want things done right.

Smurf, I've put about an hour into this post at least.
HOW SLOW DO YOU TYPE?