Defending "Talifan!"

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Defending "Talifan!"

Post by Cock_Knocker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:14 pm

LITTLE PALPATINES

If you enjoyed "ATTACK OF THE 3 MILLION CLONES", you'll love this one!

So why update a subject nearly a year old? Because people are still becoming "outraged" over the version of "Talifan!" they read about on starwars.com without actually seeing the video.

Dragoon
Bridge Officer

Post by Dragoon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:04 am

So...because you disagreed with what an author wrote in a book, you made a movie that had you virtually verbally and physically assault her?

Wow. That's kinda creepy.

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 am

Dragoon wrote:So...because you disagreed with what an author wrote in a book, you made a movie that had you virtually verbally and physically assault her?

Is it any creepier than an author advocating garroting, shooting, and ripping the tracheas out of people who don't like her articles or books?

And again, Dark Moose, Sharon Crevice is never "assaulted" in either version of "Talifan!". Maybe try reading the article next time?

Dragoon
Bridge Officer

Post by Dragoon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:33 am

Cock_Knocker wrote:
Dragoon wrote:So...because you disagreed with what an author wrote in a book, you made a movie that had you virtually verbally and physically assault her?

Is it any creepier than an author advocating garroting, shooting, and ripping the tracheas out of people who don't like her articles or books?

And again, Dark Moose, Sharon Crevice is never "assaulted" in either version of "Talifan!". Maybe try reading the article next time?
I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else.

I'm going through the article a second time now...I also tracked down the video and watched it.

Your video...Uhhh...Wow. Rather one-sided, isn't it? You make her out to be this horrible person, which I'm sure she isn't. Seriously. The entire arguement here is silly. You're calling her geeky becuase she came up with a Mandalorian language and encourages people to speak it...She calls you geeky because you measure starship models and attempt to quantify Star Wars tech. Personally? I don't have a problem with either.

However, you like to tell us that gigaton weapons are the norm and when we point out that it doesn't match up with the movies and the rest of the EU you tell us, "It's canon, deal with it."

Somewhat similar to your idea about the three million clones number...

Your first point on "Die Lucas Die"...Any evidence that Dark Moose was aware of it? Don't see any on your site. I'd also like to point out that he wasn't addressing them he was addressing the people wh ohad attacked Traviss (and, in fact, reading through his comments and Traviss', the people who made that movie would most likely fall within the category of Talifan).

And shaking someone (or even threatening bodily harm) does qualify as assault in some American states:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#Am ... isprudence
Little Palpatines wrote:Dark Moose conveniently omits the scenes before this one, where Sharon Crevice (in the original version) has her fandabonians attack Concerned Fan, and holds Concerned Fan's arms behind him as he's being punched relentlessly. In the Special Edition, Sharon Crevice has her fandabonians attack Concerned Fan with their laser rifles. Also, "grappling" never takes place beyond momentary lapel grab.
I'm assuming you added the attack in to make youself look like the good guy. Do you honestly believe her fans would physically assault you if she told them to? And regardless of whether fake fans beat up your avatar, the entire purpose behind the video was to show how "badass" you were, to face the evil Karen Traviss. Woooooo! Good job.

Then you ahve the gall to put a disclaimer at the end talking about how any relations to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. Wow.

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 am

Dragoon wrote:I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else.
Sorry. The same mentality must have made me think of someone else...
I'm going through the article a second time now...I also tracked down the video and watched it.
It shouldn't have been a monumental task. After all, both the original and the SE are linked in the article you read.
Your video...Uhhh...Wow. Rather one-sided, isn't it? You make her out to be this horrible person, which I'm sure she isn't. Seriously.
I'm just going by how she's represented herself online. Seriously. However, since you're sure she isn't as horrible as she makes herself look to be online, then I guess I'll have to defer to your intimate knowledge of the woman.
The entire arguement here is silly.
Your flair for the obvious is admirable.
You're calling her geeky becuase she came up with a Mandalorian language and encourages people to speak it...She calls you geeky because you measure starship models and attempt to quantify Star Wars tech. Personally? I don't have a problem with either.

Well that's nice. Let's get back to the subject at hand, though. You can link me to your random blog thoughts later.
However, you like to tell us that gigaton weapons are the norm and when we point out that it doesn't match up with the movies and the rest of the EU you tell us, "It's canon, deal with it."
Actually, it matches up quite well with the movies and the EU. But we're going off on another of your tangents here. Let's focus on the OP, shall we?
Somewhat similar to your idea about the three million clones number...
So we also find that you believe three million clones are sufficient to fight a galaxy-wide war, too? Nice to know.
Your first point on "Die Lucas Die"...Any evidence that Dark Moose was aware of it? Don't see any on your site.
So you're saying you're just not buying in to Dark Moose creating a self-serving, targeted attack against a specific movie. Understood.
I'd also like to point out that he wasn't addressing them he was addressing the people wh ohad attacked Traviss (and, in fact, reading through his comments and Traviss', the people who made that movie would most likely fall within the category of Talifan).
Uhm..what? Who was he addressing? Kinda lost me there.
And shaking someone (or even threatening bodily harm) does qualify as assault in some American states:
Excellent! Let's call the authorities and have Traviss taken in for threatening bodily harm to her critics!
I'm assuming you added the attack in to make youself look like the good guy.
No, its representative. Non-Traviss fans were attacked on TFN by "fandalorians" just because they questioned the three million clones number. But I guess such fans with "Death to Saxtonites" in the message sig are well adjusted individuals.
Do you honestly believe her fans would physically assault you if she told them to?
Do you honestly believe a non-Traviss fan would carry a shotgun, lob a grenade, or perform a Vulcan nerve pinch on Fandalorians?
And regardless of whether fake fans beat up your avatar, the entire purpose behind the video was to show how "badass" you were, to face the evil Karen Traviss. Woooooo! Good job.
Thank you, sir! I'm glad you gleaned such high praise of me through my video. It makes it all worthwhile.
Then you ahve the gall to put a disclaimer at the end talking about how any relations to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. Wow.
Well, I didn't want to piss off anyone who looked like Sharon Crevice.

Anyway, sorry you completely missed the entire point of the article, but I'm glad the movie entertained you!