Split: Is it appropriate to say Wong is "hiding"?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:15 am

SailorSaturn13 wrote:
Isn't this a bit odd, considering I came here and saw all kinds of threads about "another horrible thread at SDN" and similar posts, before anyone from SDN had really come over here and said and did anything?
SDN invaded boards before. The thread in question was launched when SDN prepared a covered invasion on deiantart (namely, amassed arguments for what was a 1:1 debate). Also, not anyone from SDN was personally attacked there.
On deviantarts? Damn, they must have been pretty desperate!

Next invasion of The Cutting Board!

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:50 am

It ended up being about a dozen to one, where a bunch of people at SDN were chimming in with different arguments and the one that actually posted to deviantart kept saying basically 'check it out, how do I argue against this latest bit here'. I forget who it was, but the thread should still be up at SDN.

coyote
Redshirt

Post by coyote » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm

A few of us used to do board invasions, but it is really more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes people may go off and do things on their own if they think it is worth the trouble but organizing and planning invasions these days is-- to the best of my knowledge-- just not done.

What is happening here is not an "invasion", or at least I hope you don't perceive it so. I clicked on the link and read some stuff here and saw what I thought were mischaracterizations so I came here on my own. A few others came over also, but their reasons are their own too.

I think at this stage if there's anyone at SDN organizing board invasions of others it is small groups of like-minded individuals who do it for fun, and would do it regardless of whether SDN existed or not.

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:20 am

Speaking for myself, I don't consider the increase in posters with SDN accounts to be an invasion. The posting is much too uncoordinated and infrequent to be an effective invasion anyway :)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:09 pm

I agree with AnonymousRedShirtEnsign , I don't consider the increase an invasion, particularly since most posters have remained civil, and have participated in debates like every other board members.
And I welcome the addition of opposed ideas, and of different opinions...