Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Damn, Factpile has a "DC comics vs Magic the Gathering".

Pro MtG people citing the game effects of gaming cards as evidence is so wrong, I don't know where to start from.
My yet to be complete "Magic the Gathering: Slivers, the real deal" thread is quite a good start, but we don't even need to get there. The game mechanics are completely broken in relation to the fluff or mere causality. Like how players get the mana from "lands", which all look the same according to the drawings (if you use copies of the same card), yet we're supposed to believe that one spell can break a land and cost as much as a spell that is barely able to ignite a fence. And, of course, the spell caster manages to know what land to aim for exactly. Thankfully, that island or mountain may be easy to identify if it sticks out, although nothing says that it was tapped, but what about some marsh, random forest or varying areas, or even mere plains.
Or what about the fact that summoned purely aquatic creatures can attack units on the ground? I guess summoning a swimming pool is implied ? :|
Game mechanics and even the essence of some spells is so at odds with the rules of narration and world creation, it's impossible to rely on them.
Of course, it would take the MtG people to actually read the fluff on the cards, pay attention to the drawings and read now the books to get a real idea of what the universe is worth of. But that's just too hard! :)

User2531
Redshirt
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by User2531 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 am

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/l ... er-135277/

classic topic (lion vs tiger), but it get funnier with every page, read it from the start to observe how the thread gets progressively lulzy-er

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 pm

I have been waiting for an answer to my counselor Troy question for TWO YEARS! >.< I guess legitimate, honest questions don't get answers. You guys are so elitist..

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am

That reminds me.
1. Could a restraining bolt be used on Darth Vader?
2. Ethical questions aside, could a transporter spit out an endless army of Datas?
3. Could the large replicators, given a single captured ship and blade, spit out an endless supply of lightsabers and X-Wings for them to fight with and fly around in?
4. What if we change that to an endless army of Docs and Martys and flying Delorean time machines?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain
Posts: 1796
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:46 am

TheRainKing777 wrote:I have been waiting for an answer to my counselor Troy question for TWO YEARS! >.< I guess legitimate, honest questions don't get answers. You guys are so elitist..
She'd probably feel lots of shame over being a whiney bitch, and loads of rage? and manliness?

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm

That is not an honest, legitimate answer. How come I come back for ten seconds and all my posts are reported for no reason except Tronoya and Michael James Williamson Dicenso's tampon shortage but everyone can ignore legitimate questions and make a mockery of my inquiries with no repercussions. You guys are racist..

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:26 pm

mojo wrote:That reminds me.
1. Could a restraining bolt be used on Darth Vader?
It would most likely kill him. Mind you, all those buttons on his chest is such a huge BAIT.
Like, press them if you khan.

Now, based on dialogue from AOTC, I think Sandman would be a very dangerous enemy to Vader.
2. Ethical questions aside, could a transporter spit out an endless army of Datas?
Windows is already capable of producing an endless cluttering stream of datas that slowly eat your PC from within. That fucking OS is so parasitic.
3. Could the large replicators, given a single captured ship and blade, spit out an endless supply of lightsabers and X-Wings for them to fight with and fly around in?
Presumably, you'd also want the replicators to move at Sufficient Velocity TM. So the objects they'll produce exit the machines with the same velocity.
4. What if we change that to an endless army of Docs and Martys and flying Delorean time machines?
You'd ruin 777's avatar. Plus imagine they'd all start time traveling.
Mind you, I think the Delorean is limited to time jumps of several thousand years, that per pack of plutonium. So the car would have a limited supply, unless it went into the future and grabbed some antimatter core or any kind of fusion core that would work with water.

User avatar
Trinoya
Security Officer
Posts: 656
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Trinoya » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:25 am

TheRainKing777 wrote:That is not an honest, legitimate answer. How come I come back for ten seconds and all my posts are reported for no reason except Tronoya and Michael James Williamson Dicenso's tampon shortage but everyone can ignore legitimate questions and make a mockery of my inquiries with no repercussions. You guys are racist..
Really, are we going down this road again... I just gave you a friendly warning to lay off of Mike.

Consider this the final warning, lay off of citing Mike in your posts unless you're actually addressing points he made. It's becoming spam and we already went down this road with you once before. You want to make funny posts, that's fine, you want to talk about vs debates, go ahead. Hell if you want to make posts about games ruining your life do that to.

Leave the admins out of it. The only reason you're getting any of our attention is because you're basically continuing the same mistakes from the last time around.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Tronoya, the only mistakes I made before was believing any of the nonsense I was told by MD. By not writing out the name of the person I'm referring to, I'm not breaking any of your rules. If you have a problem with someone telling the truth than that's fine, I'll leave your little board alone. I didn't realize it was run by fascist dictators. I was under the impression that truth and justice ruled the day around here. FdR$#)((#*$ES told me lies about that game and I wasted TWO YEARS of my life playing it because of those lies. I think I should have every right to talk about !@)*(@)*(!* as much as I want to despite the number of tampons are kept in reserve.

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:Tronoya, the only mistakes I made before was believing any of the nonsense I was told by MD. By not writing out the name of the person I'm referring to, I'm not breaking any of your rules. If you have a problem with someone telling the truth than that's fine, I'll leave your little board alone. I didn't realize it was run by fascist dictators. I was under the impression that truth and justice ruled the day around here. FdR$#)((#*$ES told me lies about that game and I wasted TWO YEARS of my life playing it because of those lies. I think I should have every right to talk about !@)*(@)*(!* as much as I want to despite the number of tampons are kept in reserve.
LOL, whoever is behind this sockpuppet is being rather lazy on the trolling.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Mr. Oragahn,

Truth is, so great, that I wouldn’t like to speak, or sleep, or listen, or love. To feel myself trapped, with no fear of blood, outside time and magic, within your own fear, and your great anguish, and within the very beating of your heart. All this madness, if I asked it of you, I know, in your silence, there would be only confusion. I ask you for violence, in the nonsense, and you, you give me grace, your light and your warmth. I’d like to paint you, but there are no colors, because there are so many, in my confusion, the tangible form of my great love.

Sincerely,

TheRainKing777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFW-yxe13lo

User avatar
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am
Location: Paradise Mountain

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:Mr. Oragahn,

Truth is, so great, that I wouldn’t like to speak, or sleep, or listen, or love. To feel myself trapped, with no fear of blood, outside time and magic, within your own fear, and your great anguish, and within the very beating of your heart. All this madness, if I asked it of you, I know, in your silence, there would be only confusion. I ask you for violence, in the nonsense, and you, you give me grace, your light and your warmth. I’d like to paint you, but there are no colors, because there are so many, in my confusion, the tangible form of my great love.

Sincerely,

TheRainKing777

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFW-yxe13lo
Good trolls don't drink.

Well, they might drink, but only outside of their trolling schedule.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm offended that you would belittle my feelings in such a way..

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:03 am

He is a troll, but he's not a sock. I know the man irl, and that connection alone would explain the behavior, i would think.
Again -
Troll = Yes
Sock = No
Mike himself could verify this.

User avatar
mojo
Starship Captain
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:11 am

I keep making this same point because his trolling style is similar to my own and i don't want to be connected to any further Dicenso trashing. I was entirely in the wrong during my descent into Dicenso-related insanity. I don't want to cause him further headaches.

Post Reply