Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am

Even still, Banner admitted to trying to kill himself in the Avengers movie and said that he'd tried to shoot himself in the mouth in an attempt to blow his brains out and that the Hulk spit out the bullet. If that's true I doubt Dante could do much to him.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 22, 2012 8:09 am

mojo wrote: i think he's talking about scrawny bruce banner as hulk's lower form being totally outclassed by dante's default form.

is that right, o?
oh in that case yeah
TheRainKing777 wrote:Even still, Banner admitted to trying to kill himself in the Avengers movie and said that he'd tried to shoot himself in the mouth in an attempt to blow his brains out and that the Hulk spit out the bullet. If that's true I doubt Dante could do much to him.

the various Hulks will not let Banner die..no

at least two of them its been hinted at have actual souls of their own and are entirely separate from Bruce (dumb and Savage and the Meastro may have become his own person too) and then there's one that may be a demonic entity as well

so yeah

mind you sufficiently powerful beings can wtf pwn the hulk easily enough Zues did it like Napa in DBZ he used a finger or two and fragged the Hulk into a coma

mind..he's on par with classic Odin someone who destroyed a couple galaxies by raising his power level up a little too high against an elder god once (sorry Toriyama but Kirby and Lee invented the battle aura about twenty years before you did and the Saint Seiya guy about five or six)

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 am

Yeah but kicking the shit outta the Hulk is how Marvel flexes it's other characters' nuts. It shows that certain characters are powerful or whatever. There was a time when Hulk was damn near numero-uno in the strength department in Marvel. Now he's just another strength and endurance character. LAME.

Superman laid him out in like two punches anyway. Stupid. Then the Sentry messes him up? Sheesh.. Why do people even bother with comics anymore? They love to stick their fingers in the holies of holies time and time again.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue May 22, 2012 1:34 pm

mojo wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Same goes for Dante in full demonic form. Thing is, his lower form is quite better than Hulk's.
call me when Dante eats a few planet busters to the face in a weakened state and then we'll talk

comic top tiers = broken
i think he's talking about scrawny bruce banner as hulk's lower form being totally outclassed by dante's default form.

is that right, o?
Yeah. Dante's higher form, the demon one (but I'm using DMC3 as a base of evidence) just wasn't being damaged.
As for the bullet chewing thing, Dante is used to deal with legions of monsters which take considerable amounts of slashing and shooting to bring down. I'm not even talking about the bosses here, but about the basic trotting and groveling minions.

The Devil Trigger doesn't last long though, but Dante's powers are totally amplified.

Now, isn't Hulk turning into Hulk and spitting iron just because someone shoots him in the mouth a tad apocrypha in light of ALL other bits of story about Hulk.
sorry sorry sorry sorry

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue May 22, 2012 11:42 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:Even still, Banner admitted to trying to kill himself in the Avengers movie and said that he'd tried to shoot himself in the mouth in an attempt to blow his brains out and that the Hulk spit out the bullet. If that's true I doubt Dante could do much to him.
as much as i fear any debate involving the hulk, ultimate hulk was able to save bruce banner from being killed by a nuclear warhead. banner was unconscious until literally the instant the bomb exploded. there is a panel with banner's eye turning green, JUST the eye, mind you, and then the explosion. so rain probably has a point there.
and of course we have hulk: the end, which proves that hulk doesn't even NEED banner to continue. banner can die, and hulk goes on.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 am

TheRainKing777 wrote:Yeah but kicking the shit outta the Hulk is how Marvel flexes it's other characters' nuts. It shows that certain characters are powerful or whatever. There was a time when Hulk was damn near numero-uno in the strength department in Marvel. Now he's just another strength and endurance character. LAME.
he still is considering savage hulk thunder clapped and caused a chain reaction that destroyed a piece of a galaxy (about thirty or so thousand lightyears)

he's punched through time itself and judo tossed souls because they annoyed him

TheRainKing777 wrote:Superman laid him out in like two punches anyway. Stupid.
not a canon story but that being said it was supposed to be silver age supes so it makes sense

Gladiators done that, but then again gladiator makes Superboy prime look like shit, what with his "flexing my biceps alone has pulverized multiple planets and I can escape time dilation fields by flying fast"
TheRainKing777 wrote:Then the Sentry messes him up? Sheesh..
the Sentry contained the power of a cosmic cube in his bare hands, grabbed the wrist of Terrax a person who can swing his ax and mass scatter planets and sit inside singularities and crushed his hand. When he fought Genis Vell he created an energy aura DBZ style only it was the size of an entire planet and not to mention his nightmares take out the entire marvel hero roster in a matter of seconds

oh and have you kept up with recent comics? Sentry is the old testament god and the strongest Skyfather alive currently..he took out a multi universal level character before crying and having Thor help him commit assisted suicide

so yeah...he got roughed up by Sentry but even before he realized he was bible god..he was very powerful

oh and Zeus recently two finger'd him Nappa style but again this is a very powerful cosmic god

it'd be like complaining about Worf getting pwned by Q
TheRainKing777 wrote: Why do people even bother with comics anymore? They love to stick their fingers in the holies of holies time and time again.
because there are diamonds in the rough? Because for every twenty bad story lines you have quality?

ever read invincible? it's pretty damn good

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am

don't you mean WAS pretty damn good?

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:53 am

Admiral Breetai,

All of what you wrote makes me want to vomit fiberglass into my own eyeballs and then use sandpaper to rub it in there good before shooting myself through the back of my head so that my face exploded onto my god-forsaken monitor. I now hate comic books even more because of your comments. Please just let comics die.

Every hero has to be the bigger better thing. They have to be more powerful than so and so and faster than this guy and whatever. Everyone is superior to everyone else in their own book. No one can write a good classic story. There hasn't been one since maybe the silver age. Its all a waste of money now with fragmented, disconnected stories and forty-billion different continuity streams. Anything you can think of has happened to any character especially in Marvel comics but none of it is canon. Did Wolverine die? Yep, like forty times. Did Xavier have sex with Sue Storm? At least thirty times. Did Hulk marry the Juggernaut? Of course but they're divorced now and can't decide who gets the kids, the house or the van. Daredevil is Hulk's divorce attorney. Empath is the mediator. Pheonix is Jug's attorney. FO SHO! Did you know Spiderman filled in for Santa last Christmas? But it's not canon.

Crimeney fuck sluts I will not read another comic book until WWII.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 am

TheRainKing777 wrote:Admiral Breetai,

All of what you wrote makes me want to vomit fiberglass into my own eyeballs and then use sandpaper to rub it in there good before shooting myself through the back of my head so that my face exploded onto my god-forsaken monitor. I now hate comic books even more because of your comments. Please just let comics die.

Every hero has to be the bigger better thing. They have to be more powerful than so and so and faster than this guy and whatever. Everyone is superior to everyone else in their own book. No one can write a good classic story. There hasn't been one since maybe the silver age. Its all a waste of money now with fragmented, disconnected stories and forty-billion different continuity streams. Anything you can think of has happened to any character especially in Marvel comics but none of it is canon. Did Wolverine die? Yep, like forty times. Did Xavier have sex with Sue Storm? At least thirty times. Did Hulk marry the Juggernaut? Of course but they're divorced now and can't decide who gets the kids, the house or the van. Daredevil is Hulk's divorce attorney. Empath is the mediator. Pheonix is Jug's attorney. FO SHO! Did you know Spiderman filled in for Santa last Christmas? But it's not canon.

the argument that there are no worthwhile comics and that there have not been any since the silver age is not very good.

1. the dark knight returns
2. the watchmen
3. earth x
4. the maxx
5. agent x
6. soldier x
7. ultimate spider-man
8. new x-men
9. crisis on infinite earths
10. dark phoenix saga
11. that issue of the punisher where he blows wolverine's face off with a shotgun, then runs over wolverine's head with a steamroller and leaves him struggling there like an ant under a shoe
12. age of apocalypse
13. original wolverine mini (frank miller)
14. kingdom come
15. we3

etc., etc....

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 am

mojo wrote:
TheRainKing777 wrote:Admiral Breetai,

the argument that there are no worthwhile comics and that there have not been any since the silver age is not very good.

1. the dark knight returns
2. the watchmen
3. earth x
4. the maxx
5. agent x
6. soldier x
7. ultimate spider-man
8. new x-men
9. crisis on infinite earths
10. dark phoenix saga
11. that issue of the punisher where he blows wolverine's face off with a shotgun, then runs over wolverine's head with a steamroller and leaves him struggling there like an ant under a shoe
12. age of apocalypse
13. original wolverine mini (frank miller)
14. kingdom come
15. we3

etc., etc....
Did you just write a list of which book I should wipe my ass with the most?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed May 23, 2012 4:17 am

i guess. i mean, anything is better than simply using your hand. dude, i can smell that OVER THE INTERNET. and we can't both use YOUR WIFE'S FACE. assuming you're married. otherwise, YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S FACE.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 am

I must be the coolest guy in school. The board troll likes the swing of my pretty hips. Seriously though. Comics=dumb. When I was a kid, Action Comics was the run of the mill awesome book that everyone read. Then the sixties hit and all these stupid books hit the shelves and writers decided they were gonna throw darts at a board full of plot twists and hope it made sense. They've been doing it ever since.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 am

TheRainKing777 wrote:I must be the coolest guy in school. The board troll likes the swing of my pretty hips. Seriously though. Comics=dumb. When I was a kid, Action Comics was the run of the mill awesome book that everyone read. Then the sixties hit and all these stupid books hit the shelves and writers decided they were gonna throw darts at a board full of plot twists and hope it made sense. They've been doing it ever since.
wait a second. how old are you? i'm going to feel like a complete jerk if it turns out you make such stupid, incomprehensible posts because you're suffering from late stage alzheimer's disease.

HEY, REMEMBER ME?
IT'S MOJO, YOUR BEST FRIEND!
WANT TO PLAY A GAME? IT'S CALLED 'LEAVE EVERYTHING TO MOJO IN YOUR WILL!'

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:14 am

Oh now you want to know how old I am, the next thing you know you'll be asking me for my social security number! No way bucko!

User2531
Redshirt

Post by User2531 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:49 pm

nowadays (well pretty much always with many comics, with some exceptions of course) in comics, everything has to be bigger than the next (penis envious writers much?); as with many other things, to quote KA, "as long as their WALLETS are FATTENED"

well anyways since this thread seems to be about 'lulzy' threads, well any thread featuring Twilight is bound for lulz is it not?

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42963