Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
mojo
Starship Captain

Re: Random VS threads from anywhere you should not miss

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:20 am

I do admit to finding it pretty fucking funny stuff, especially "..lies about everything in life." It's kind of a shame he chose Mike this time, because he's clearly only kidding but the past conflict makes it a little difficult to tell. Perhaps if he had chosen Trinoya we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:29 am

mojo wrote:He is a troll, but he's not a sock. I know the man irl, and that connection alone would explain the behavior, i would think.
Again -
Troll = Yes
Sock = No
Mike himself could verify this.
Would you take him as your apprentice? I find his trolling rather lacking and unconvincing. Perhaps he's not the one?

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 pm

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm sure everyone would love that lol

Mojo.. In stereo!

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:21 am

This is some remarquable self discipline though! Where would you begin with yourself?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:42 am

Sometimes I forget that you troll on a higher level than I do. I was seconds from going into the reasons he's not a sock when it hit me. Well played, sir.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm jaded and I left the pizza in the oven so it was just as good as a sawdisc. :/

Mmm, it's been a while since I picked a nice versus.

Perhaps we should do Facebook vs Google+.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Google+ is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I'm offended that you would bring it up after what happened last time.

What if Johnny Mnemonic downloaded Neo into his brain?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 pm

+50% intact human-like statues become alive and sentient, mimic their original source, while 1 tree out of 100 becomes an Ent.

In the last half century, there have been several large statues built around the world, especially in Asia.
There are many statues and the crazy thing is, many of them represent famous clever people.
Plus there are plenty of small statues in the world.
This thread should be insane.
SBers are only concerned about laser guns, shields and steel swords it seems.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Time to bump this thread with a batch of worthwhile vs threads. This time, they're focused on Halo series' Flood species.

- Flood vs Necromorphs (Dead Space series) at KillerMovie. 8 pages long (last one isn't useful).
- Zerg (Starcraft) vs Flood at ComicVine, which has quite a number of recent SF vs threads btw. 4 interesting pages of debaters well versed in both fictions.
- Flood vs Replicators (Stargate) vs Borg (Star Trek) at Escapist Magazine. 8 pages of an interesting exchange, well substantiated (although one needs to be patient). This kind of nerdy thread seems a rarity on that website, from what I read.
- Strongest thing the Precursors (Halo) could beat?, at Spacebattles. A good reminder that the ever so great "Mantle", for whatever it was when the callous Precursors refused the Forerunners to be its bearers and were about to erase them but that backfired and they got erased instead (mostly), now the latest, at least the most well spread Precursor form, the Flood, would test humanity next, but only to have it nomnom'd into "unity". Under the Flood, Precursors seek heinous revenge against all their creations. It's possible that their understanding of "their" mantle was distorded in the process when they degenerated into the deadly spores.
Forerunners & Precursors (Halo) vs Ratakan Infinte Empire & Celestials (Star Wars) (SBC, again). That one is interesting too. One sees that the logic plague is a mix of sophistry, information denial, lies, super locution and long term planning, plus a pinch of metaphysics so the discursive data is stored on some higher plane, but it might very well be related to the Organon/Domain. Which means once the Flood were powerful enough, and assuming the data itself isn't too old (the Domain behaves differently than some solid state system), they could access it again. Only processing power remained a limit, thus the necessity to grow Graveminds and even, if possible, Keyminds.

As a sidenote, the relation between the Forerunners and Precursors, and what those Precursors really were and thought seems to bring the Haloties to a state of schyzophrenia. One funny summary found here happens to be quite at odds with the omnipotent dicks portrayal you'll find on some boards.