Yahoo Answers and the endless stupidity

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Yahoo Answers and the endless stupidity

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 am

seriously how idiotic can that site get?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 958AA2uAtl

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Yahoo Answers and the endless stupidity

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Depends:
How far are you willing to test it? :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:31 am

wouldn't that count as feeding the trolls?

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:34 am

Well are the bears allowed to have samurai swords too? Cause if they are I'd give it to the bears. Otherwise it's a pretty legit question. :D

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

We don't even know how 6 bears would act in group.

it would be funnier to have the samurai fight war dogs with extra leather hides and armoured heads. They were doing wonders in ancients times and even firearms from the 18th century would prove useless despite their disproportionate caliber.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:We don't even know how 6 bears would act in group.

it would be funnier to have the samurai fight war dogs with extra leather hides and armoured heads. They were doing wonders in ancients times and even firearms from the 18th century would prove useless despite their disproportionate caliber.
If you can teach a bear to ride a unicycle in a circus I think you could teach a bear to use a samurai sword and fight in a group. Sheesh...

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 am

a bear could not properly HOLD a sword, and it's ability to ride a unicycle does not somehow prove that it could fight in a group...

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 am

If they had gun powder surely they had some kind of adhesive with which to replace the bears' claws with the blades of samurai swords once their claws have been ripped out. For that matter, they could've replaced their teeth with samurai swords as well.

Of course shuriken would be out of the question unless they had some held device that fired them but then they would need to be clothed to as avoid detection.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:If they had gun powder surely they had some kind of adhesive with which to replace the bears' claws with the blades of samurai swords once their claws have been ripped out. For that matter, they could've replaced their teeth with samurai swords as well.

Of course shuriken would be out of the question unless they had some held device that fired them but then they would need to be clothed to as avoid detection.
The bear would probably chop its head off inadvertently. Now you can put light armour on the bear, at least to reduce the amount of areas which would be easy to slash for the samurai.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:52 pm

Are you serious? Good lord.. Bears cannot wear armor. They're bears. Lets not be ridiculous.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:The bear would probably chop its head off inadvertently.
HAHAHA

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue May 22, 2012 11:34 pm

TheRainKing777 wrote:If they had gun powder surely they had some kind of adhesive with which to replace the bears' claws with the blades of samurai swords once their claws have been ripped out. For that matter, they could've replaced their teeth with samurai swords as well.

please be serious. i don't understand how adhesive can be used to REPLACE claws with samurai sword blades. wouldn't some sort of surgery be necessary for something like that? i suppose you could use adhesive to glue the sword itself to the bear's paw, and then more glue to attach the other paw to the first paw to make the appearance that the bear was holding the sword, but then how would the bear move around? don't they usually walk around on all fours? the bear would slice itself to pieces, and if we WERE to replace the claws with blades, wouldn't the blades stop the paws from touching the ground? it would be trying to walk around ON THE BLADES. this is why your idea is stupid and wrong.

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:03 am

mojo wrote:

please be serious. i don't understand how adhesive can be used to REPLACE claws with samurai sword blades. wouldn't some sort of surgery be necessary for something like that? i suppose you could use adhesive to glue the sword itself to the bear's paw, and then more glue to attach the other paw to the first paw to make the appearance that the bear was holding the sword, but then how would the bear move around? don't they usually walk around on all fours? the bear would slice itself to pieces, and if we WERE to replace the claws with blades, wouldn't the blades stop the paws from touching the ground? it would be trying to walk around ON THE BLADES. this is why your idea is stupid and wrong.
I feel like I'm explaining this to an infant. Let me do this in a way that you can understand. I would use a pie chart or power point but as I can't do that here I'll just make a list:

1. Adhesive attaches things to other things. Take sword blade, cut off retractable bear claw, put glue on end of blade (the hilt side), jam blade into wound, pour anti-septic on the wound so it doesn't get infected. Teach bear to walk without killing itself.

2. If the bears were drafted from a circus as discussed before they would know how to walk a tight rope. If they can walk a tight rope or ride a unicycle or tiny motorcycle on a tight rope I seriously doubt they'll have a problem walking around with sword fingers without killing themselves.

3. Even IF the bears couldn't touch the ground while walking they could use the ninja power from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon where their legs and feet flail and they jump from tiny branch to tiny branch. This isn't rocket science. For fuck sakes...

4. If bear technology has taught us anything it is that bears know when to strike.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed May 23, 2012 3:47 am

1. what sort of adhesive would work in this case, when blood would be pouring from the gaping wounds left when you removed the claws? this way lies madness.

2. once again you're making connections that make no sense. the fact that a bear can walk around on a rope does not imply that it would somehow be capable of, say, eating with giant blades for claws without instantly skewering it's own face. and since we're on the topic, how would it open it's fly when it needed to go to the bathroom, or wipe it's ass, or dial a telephone? see why i'm smarter than you are? you have to THINK.

3. bears can ALREADY jump from branch to branch, you idiot. they have large flaps of skin which stretch from paw to paw, and they are able to leap from high places, spread their paws apart, and glide from tree to tree. HAVEN'T YOU EVER WATCHED ROCKY THE FLYING BEAR AND BULLWINKLE.

4. we cannot expect a bear to know 'when to strike' if it goes against their own natural urges. what if we get into a situation in which a man accidentally stumbles upon a bear's cache of hidden acorns which it spends all year collecting to live through the harsh, cold winter? that little bear will jump for the kill instantaneously, spreading it's samurai blade claws and using it's long, bushy tail to balance itself as it flies through the air, chittering madly with it's massive buckteeth. what then, genius?

TheRainKing777
Bridge Officer

Post by TheRainKing777 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:00 am

mojo wrote:1. what sort of adhesive would work in this case, when blood would be pouring from the gaping wounds left when you removed the claws? this way lies madness.

2. once again you're making connections that make no sense. the fact that a bear can walk around on a rope does not imply that it would somehow be capable of, say, eating with giant blades for claws without instantly skewering it's own face. and since we're on the topic, how would it open it's fly when it needed to go to the bathroom, or wipe it's ass, or dial a telephone? see why i'm smarter than you are? you have to THINK.

3. bears can ALREADY jump from branch to branch, you idiot. they have large flaps of skin which stretch from paw to paw, and they are able to leap from high places, spread their paws apart, and glide from tree to tree. HAVEN'T YOU EVER WATCHED ROCKY THE FLYING BEAR AND BULLWINKLE.

4. we cannot expect a bear to know 'when to strike' if it goes against their own natural urges. what if we get into a situation in which a man accidentally stumbles upon a bear's cache of hidden acorns which it spends all year collecting to live through the harsh, cold winter? that little bear will jump for the kill instantaneously, spreading it's samurai blade claws and using it's long, bushy tail to balance itself as it flies through the air, chittering madly with it's massive buckteeth. what then, genius?
I can't believe I'm even responding to this...

1. Have you ever seen a kitten declawed? They don't bleed from the wounds.

2. I didn't say a bear walks around a rope. Any fucking moron can walk around a rope. He rides a fucking tiny motorcycle on the goddamn rope doing flips and shit.

3. Rocky was a squirrel, not a bear. Squirrels don't fly, neither do bears.

4. Being that bears aren't squirrels, they don't eat acorns. They eat hunny, berries and picanic baskets.

This is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen. I'm not sure how many times I have to mention that bears don't wear fucking clothes.