The affairs of other boards don't concern us?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1652
Padawan

The affairs of other boards don't concern us?

Post by User1652 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:08 am

I go to several vs debate sites like SB and Comicbookresources and whenever I think that I need to reference where I gotten something a few of the members would be like "The affairs of other boards don't concern us. You have been warned." And I am like, "Why are some boards so picky about me trying to tell where I got my info from? Spacebattles.com is kind of ok with it and would just warn me in the post but comicbookresources would send me a email not to do it. I would like to know why is this the case? I think there are a few more that do this but I am not so sure.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: The affairs of other boards don't concern us?

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:19 am

I guess to prevent cross-board debates...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 pm

If you are using information from this board, be careful how you present the information. All you need to do is find the appropriate thread, then copy and paste the sources and information that was used in that thread to a folder, make it your own, and then use that in the SBC or Comicbookresources threads.

See Prae is half right. What he forgot to mention is that it is also a way of stifling any dissenting opinions and information. SBC also has a loophole that allows for non-forum websites to be used, though they may be just simply looking the other way when it comes to Wong's pages. I don't know if CBRS is the same, but ask a mod there what sources are acceptable in that regard.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I guess to prevent cross-board debates...
CBR's endured several multi year long forum invasions at the same time..from Otaku's from SDN and from DC fanboy sites at the same time..participating in this I can understand why they chose to adopt that policy after I quit.

Although I gotta admit Goku vs Wankertine an all out war between SdN'ers and massive dbz fanboys was pretty epic. also to add to what Mike said keep your association with this site a secret there are allot of big vs forums out there that either still buy the SDN spiel or hate St and SW old schoolers with a mutual passion and wont be so friendly towards you once you make it known.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Well, I can say that for the most part, FactPile no longer supports SDN. Kor and my brother have been doing a pretty good job countering the SW-wank.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Who's your brother?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 am

On FactPile, he goes by Aelfinn.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:51 am

And he isn't on SFJ, or ASVS, or Spacebattles?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:23 am

Nope. He might be coming here. He's shown interest in ASVS. And since FactPile and Spacebattles have some bad blood between them, I really don't see him going there.