The worst moderators?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1652
Padawan

The worst moderators?

Post by User1652 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 pm

So I would like to know is what are some website that has the absolute worst or meanest moderators? The only site that I know of is Avatarspirit.net, the mods there are awful. Every time I want to post a thread topic that has been done a year ago they would lock it and give you a link to a thread that was done a year ago. And I hate reviving threads. The mods there have locked 7 threads on my old account because it seems like 90% of all of the post I have made are on their search function. I hate their search function the most though. So what site do you know of that has the worst mods around?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: The worst moderators?

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Well, there's a site called SFJ where this idiot... Moderator, called Preaothmin, who is never there, makes fun of mojo, and writes uninspiring fanfics...

but that's all I know... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

this admin shut an entire forum down because she and her companion couldn't prove Goku could beat Superman

we kicked her ass so bad she wiped her own board off the map in butthurt then there's CBR where they routinely cull their elder members out of fear that they'll take their position as Staff one day, and their treatment of SDN posters is pretty bad (even though it's partially deserved). KC had a situation where one of the staff members openly encouraged violence in real life against a particular fanboy by another poster who lived near him.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am

Praeothmin wrote:Well, there's a site called SFJ where this idiot... Moderator, called Preaothmin, who is never there, makes fun of mojo, and writes uninspiring fanfics...

but that's all I know... :)
it's been ages since you made fun of me with any real menace. i'm starting to feel unloved. IT'S NOT THE SAME WHEN IT'S CLEARLY ALL IN FUN!

and hey, mikey, how's that 'ignore him and he'll go away' strategy working out for you so far? ha!

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:15 am

as far as the subject at hand- is a dead website acceptable? because i had a forum for about 3-4 years and i don't think it would be possible to come across a worst moderator than i was.

i once used the search and replace function to replace every instance of every letter in the alphabet with another letter or number, reducing the entire forum to illegible gibberish, for three days. when i put it back to normal, i found death threats.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:15 am

another time, the guy who actually maintained the site complained that star wars threads were taking over our vs. board, so airlocke and i spent days hijacking every single thread on the entire site regardless of topic and turning them all into star wars vs. threads--
Adfest wrote:Anyone see the Venture Bros. last night? it was fucking hilarious.
mojo wrote:the venture bros. are a joke. a single jedi would rip through them all, brock samson included.
Adfest wrote:?!?
Airlocke wrote:He's right. How could two teenage boys, a drug addicted father, and a single black ops soldier fight against a galaxy spanning civilization whose tech is thousands of years ahead of anything Earth could produce?
Adfest wrote:I didn't.. wha.. what?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 am

Rain King wrote:WOOHOO! PICTURE OF MY NEW CAR! IT'S AWESOME!

SO FAST! SO POWERFUL!
mojo wrote:really? what's so awesome about a vehicle that
can't even leave the ground? And how is it going to fight an
x-wing, or anything else for that matter, when it has NO
WEAPONS OF ANY KIND?
Airlocke wrote:This is by far the worst fighter I've ever
seen. No guns?!
How the hell did this thing get past the drawing board?
Rain King wrote:What are you talking about?
Star wars?!
mojo wrote:IT WOULD BE A SLAUGHTER!
Airlocke wrote:X-wings would tear through these things like a hot
knife through butter.
Adfest wrote:. . .
Last edited by mojo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:44 am

Adfest wrote:Guys, I've made some changes to the site. Is anyone getting any glitches or errors? Anything broken?
Airlocke wrote:I just errored in my pants. DAMMIT.
mojo wrote:no amount of changes is going to make an internet forum a better form of communication than star wars' system with the tiny blue hologram guys, dude. it works perfectly from opposite sides of the galaxy.
Airlocke wrote:I suggest more changes along the lines of complete surrender at the first sight of an x-wing.
Adfest wrote:Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK, mojo?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, but none of these antics would have mattered to a Jedi...

Any Jedi worth his salt would have seen right through it, and whiped the floor with you and Airlocke... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 pm

There's some very obscure video game board where the sole moderator seems to have snapped and decided that any single syntax or semantic error would be worth an immediate permaban: http://insomnia.ac
Plus you have to pay to be a member.
Of course, since he's also admin, I'm not sure how that's what you understood by moderation there, as in a group solely composed of moderators as we generally understand it.

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I think the most annoying moderators are the ones that want you to revive your threads that have been dead since like several years ago.
What is the term for reviving dead threads from long ago? Is it like Necroing threads or something?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Civ001 wrote:I think the most annoying moderators are the ones that want you to revive your threads that have been dead since like several years ago.
What is the term for reviving dead threads from long ago? Is it like Necroing threads or something?
I actually don't see a problem in that if it's done intelligently. It also has the advantage of forcing the one posting in said thread to have read a bit of it first, since if he hasn't, he's basically posting in a (long) thread which he hasn't bothered to read in the slightest.
Wicked.