www.factpile.com

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1652
Padawan

www.factpile.com

Post by User1652 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:45 pm

So I would like to know is there anyone that has ever gone to factpile? I would like to know what is your opinion of the site and do you think that it is as good as SDN or SB?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: www.factpile.com

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 am

Nothing special, really. Then some members who obviously are/were part of vsdom come and call 'em facts. I can't remember anything memorable.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:53 am

I used to go there, but not too much anymore. Kor has an account there, and so does my brother. They used to have L-W, who was a Saxtonite, but he left a while ago, and now, my brother told me that the ICS is no longer supported there. They're also some of the biggest Kharn the Betrayer fans I've ever seen. And they have a guy over there called "Mike", who is to Sword of Truth what Jason is to Star Trek, or ricery1 is to Star Wars. He almost single-handedly turned the "Rand al'Thor vs. Richard Rahl" thread from one whose outcome was determined by post 30, into a multi-kilopost thread.

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:57 am

Sometimes when I go there I often wonder what would SB think if they saw some of the questions there? Some times I see some of the threads there and I just think of what a curbstomp they might be.

I have seen the Samus/Boba Fett vs Kharn the Betrayer and I often have a feeling that this might be a curbstomp. Since my Lack of Knowledge of 40K I think I am wrong.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:11 am

Spacebattles hates FactPile.

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:38 am

Khas wrote:Spacebattles hates FactPile.

How so?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:43 am

Mainly over the fact that SBC has raging Halo fanboys, and they smear FactPile there, and when FP's owner defended it (FactPile) on SBC, he was banned. The feeling is mutual between the two sites.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:26 am

Civ001 wrote:So I would like to know is there anyone that has ever gone to factpile? I would like to know what is your opinion of the site and do you think that it is as good as SDN or SB?
SDN, SBC, and FP are all locked into a bizarre love-hate relationship. Many of the FP posters seem to have taken all their cues from SDN's propaganda. If you want a look at this in action, search Picard's early postings here and follow the links back to FP where he has to deal with the Warsies there. Unlike SBC and SDN, they don't have mods to back them up, so their tactics revolve around dog piling opponents while endlessly repeating the same debunked information. Very much like that seen here by certain SFJN Warsie and WH40k posters, except here they have no majority.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:46 am

Although, ST did get a significant boost when Kor posted this image of Tycho IV there:

Amusingly enough, I managed to use this same pic to defeat some Warsie over on deviantArt.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Khas wrote:Mainly over the fact that SBC has raging Halo fanboys, and they smear FactPile there, and when FP's owner defended it (FactPile) on SBC, he was banned. The feeling is mutual between the two sites.
W.H.A.T.???

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I do a bit over there but from what i can tell a lot of the more rabid warsies like Perion, Blacksun2175, L-W left after the ICS and the copy/paste shit from SDN they kept posting was destroyed.

Ii was very pleased to be part of it and enjoyed immensely when all the L-W fanboy's who ranted about his calcs and material were shown that all the shit he posted was not his but just copy pasted from SDN, it was right after that he decided the site had "gone to shit" and left....:).

Picard578 spent a lot of time over there and did a LOT of good work as well.

Do not misunderstand me though as some of the posters over there are VERY open minded and not typical haters but will still argue well, politely and reasonably from either position so would fit in very well here.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Hey Kor, what do you think of Mike over there?

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Khas wrote:Hey Kor, what do you think of Mike over there?
I would say he cetainly falls into the group i mentioned above as he is one of the more open minded and balanced posters.

He has disagreed with things i have said or at least pointed out its rarity if the event itself could not be disputed but he does so reasonably and fairly and without prejudice against the franchises in question.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Except, of course, when it comes to "Sword of Truth". Then he goes into turbo-fanboy mode.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Khas wrote:Except, of course, when it comes to "Sword of Truth". Then he goes into turbo-fanboy mode.
I have never really seen any as i know jack about it but i suppose everybody has a fanboi franchise and that must be his.