Other websites with a good vs debate section

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1652
Padawan

Re: Other websites with a good vs debate section

Post by User1652 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:31 am

So what does OBD stand for? I also have been looking for other sites like SB because I was banned for a month and I need someplace to go to await my return to there. I also need it to have a ton of members on the site there as well.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 am

mojo wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:
Civ001 wrote:
So tell me. How do internet forum Wars work again?

a bunch of members from another forum invade joining this one with the expressed purpose of either A trolling it..or B assaulting what they see as heretical conclusions in debates and converting
you guys call forum invasions 'wars'? at my old board we called them '9pm - midnight'.
You know nothing about serious business then.
When it escalates to the likes of Jessie Slaughter, it's a holocaust.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 am

jessie slaughter<9pm to midnight

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 am

Civ001 wrote:So what does OBD stand for? I also have been looking for other sites like SB because I was banned for a month and I need someplace to go to await my return to there. I also need it to have a ton of members on the site there as well.
he doesn't ask for much, does he? >:)

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 am

Comic book rumbles is a good place it's my former home as far as vs debates go, just keep away from mod politics.

that being said if you are a follower of SDN don't post there, the EU is non canon by mod edict and it's a bannable offense to submit calculations of feats
Looks like nice place ;-)

EDIT: Oh, and now I noticed that I know it - I read some old Mordor vs Rome debate there.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Civ001 wrote:So what does OBD stand for? I also have been looking for other sites like SB because I was banned for a month and I need someplace to go to await my return to there. I also need it to have a ton of members on the site there as well.
I wouldn't recommend joining that place though if you are from SB and here they have a deep abiding hatred of this place and have zero respect for space battles vs debate posters they don't consider them subhuman or anything unless you happen to defend DBZ or Naruto but you'll be looked on with allot of disdain considering the average SB'ers opinion of comics and they're seeming passive affiliation with Movie Codec

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 am

i'll never in my life understand how one nerd can look at another nerd with disdain. SERIOUSLY? how do you even make that judgement call? comic books vs. sci-fi, which is dorkier?
movie geek
sci-fi geek
comic book geek
there's a reason all of these terms end with the word 'geek'

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 am

i personally happen to be every kind of geek except pen and paper rpg and larp geek. MAN! THOSE GUYS ARE DORKS!

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Greek geek is hard.

As for other boards, you can always try the boards of Star Ruler, but contrary to what could have happened, vs threads haven't replicated. It's quite surprising considering that the game was supposed to be very open ended, giving a lot of control to players, lots of "modability", with Newtonian physics and ships and units of various sizes, upon to Truly Stupidly Huge.
That's at least how I figured out the community of Star Ruler would evolve the first time I read about it on SBC.
It seems to have stalled though, but I'd say to continue keeping an eye on it, things can change quickly.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 pm

mojo wrote:i personally happen to be every kind of geek except pen and paper rpg and larp geek. MAN! THOSE GUYS ARE DORKS!
Hey, I resemble those geeks... :)

User1652
Padawan

Post by User1652 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Greek geek is hard.

As for other boards, you can always try the boards of Star Ruler, but contrary to what could have happened, vs threads haven't replicated. It's quite surprising considering that the game was supposed to be very open ended, giving a lot of control to players, lots of "modability", with Newtonian physics and ships and units of various sizes, upon to Truly Stupidly Huge.
That's at least how I figured out the community of Star Ruler would evolve the first time I read about it on SBC.
It seems to have stalled though, but I'd say to continue keeping an eye on it, things can change quickly.
I just downloaded Star Ruler and I am completely lost. I may need your help on the game though. I posted the thread in the reviews section and I don't know how that will turn out.