Re: Another Blow to Hypermatter Fuel's Existence?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1604
Redshirt

Re: Wong & SDN

Post by User1604 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Tyralak wrote:How DARE you say such things about our Lord? All of you must repeat after me. "There is no God but Wong, and Saxton is His Prophet. Peace be upon him."
Fools, this is Blasphemy! Saxton and Wong are one and the same Holy and they're indivisible!
It's written in the Sanctified ICS!
You will recant! NOW!
Yep it's the Trinity: Saxty, Wongy and Poe! LOL

WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOO....

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Good lord, here's another round of that laughable support group piece:
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 2&start=25

I don't know what the bast part of it is.
Perhaps the idea that G. Schatten spotting 1216 occurrences of the name Wong on those boards?
Quickly googling SDN shows that the correct spelling of my nickname returns 139 results. Considering how I'm a minor player in all that in comparison to Wong, I got to wonder who's truly obsessive of the lot.
I wouldn't even dare trying scooter, darkstar, rsa, guardian 2000, robert scott anderson, etc.
Oh wait, I actually tried "robert scott anderson" and got 19,000 results.
SDN's forums started in 2002 (ironically, pretty much by the time the first Saxtonian ICS came out, so they just kept pushing proselytism from there on), so over 9 years, that's 2111/year.
For strictly comparative purposes, SFJN's board has been up since late 2006. That's about 202 results/year.
On a board almost strictly dedicated to the topic of SW vs. ST.
lol?
Havok wrote:I don't know why they put the 'Jedi' in there. At least we are honest about which side we support.
Probably explains why no one takes them seriously either. Teratons for Star Wars? :D
Only fools and ignoramus could dare go there. Being honest about their idiocy is nothing to be proud of.
That also explains why no real debate takes place over there anymore.
Connor MacLeod wrote:As long as you avoid News & Politics, you think CAREFULLY before you post and watch how other people do, read the rules (Important) and you don't argue out of pride and can admit you're wrong, you'll fit in just fine.
Now he just needs to repeat it a thousand times, and it may begin to sound true.
I also love how, for people who don't give a rat's ass about SFJN, they quite seem to know a lot. Well, pretend would be more accurate. ;)

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:41 am

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Ess ... lysis.html

Nice hidden ad hominem at end of page. To qoute:
Quite frankly, a person's preferred method of analyzing sci-fi tends to be reveal quite a bit about his mindset for approaching reality. Those who espouse a scientific approach tend to be more scientifically knowledgeable or technically inclined, while those who espouse a totally non-scientific approach tend to be ignorant of science (gee, what a shock).
Translated:
"Anyone who doesn't agree with me is idiot and has nothing to do in discussion".

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Picard wrote:http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Ess ... lysis.html

Nice hidden ad hominem at end of page. To qoute:
Quite frankly, a person's preferred method of analyzing sci-fi tends to be reveal quite a bit about his mindset for approaching reality. Those who espouse a scientific approach tend to be more scientifically knowledgeable or technically inclined, while those who espouse a totally non-scientific approach tend to be ignorant of science (gee, what a shock).
Translated:
"Anyone who doesn't agree with me is idiot and has nothing to do in discussion".
I don't see any ad hom in particular. The problem is that some forget that science is about the method, not necessarily the results when dealing with fictional universes. If the result is, gee, magic or technobabble, it doesn't matter, as long as the method used to reach those conclusions is strictly scientific.
Surely, knowing your bit about science will increase the quality of the results, as those who are not knowledgeable will tend to produce theories which are wrong or overcomplicated.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Problem is that dialogue is more reliable when it comes to author's intent - it does not have budget or other restrictions, while visuals do have. But his last sentence (which I quoted) makes clear that he thinks that anyone who ever uses literary method (basing conclusions on author's intent) is literary idiot.

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Post by Sothis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 am

Going through this thread, I can't believe the stuff spouted about Mike. What next, accusations that he beats his wife? This thread should be renamed the 'how many wild conclusions can we make based on Star Trek VS Star Wars?'

I mean, come on. You guys are feeding the fire by obsessing over Mike and SDN. How much ammo are giving them here? Do you realise how many libel cases Mike could bring against you for the unsubstantiated claims you make about him?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Sothis wrote:Going through this thread, I can't believe the stuff spouted about Mike. What next, accusations that he beats his wife? This thread should be renamed the 'how many wild conclusions can we make based on Star Trek VS Star Wars?'
Guys?
Didn't you mean guy? Because if you had read this board beyond that simple thread, you'd know that although Wong is disliked, no one wishes -aside from Breetai here for example- this mess to transpire into his own private life.
It's still a hobby, although it's quite SDN's plebe who has treated it so seriously that it backfired.
People generally don't tend to make any effort in order to end looking like SDN or 4chan. They try to get clear of their stinky methods.
I mean, come on. You guys are feeding the fire by obsessing over Mike and SDN. How much ammo are giving them here? Do you realise how many libel cases Mike could bring against you for the unsubstantiated claims you make about him?
Erm... haha lol?

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Post by Sothis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Sothis wrote:Going through this thread, I can't believe the stuff spouted about Mike. What next, accusations that he beats his wife? This thread should be renamed the 'how many wild conclusions can we make based on Star Trek VS Star Wars?'
Guys?
Didn't you mean guy? Because if you had read this board beyond that simple thread, you'd know that although Wong is disliked, no one wishes -aside from Breetai here for example- this mess to transpire into his own private life.
It's still a hobby, although it's quite SDN's plebe who has treated it so seriously that it backfired.
People generally don't tend to make any effort in order to end looking like SDN or 4chan. They try to get clear of their stinky methods.
Khas and Spacewizard were also quite keen to reach conclusions about Mike's personal life.
Erm... haha lol?[/quote]

Of course the claims are unsubstantiated- and not even relevant.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Sothis wrote:Of course the claims are unsubstantiated- and not even relevant.
You mean much like the claims made about SFJ's members on SDN?

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Post by Sothis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Sothis wrote:Of course the claims are unsubstantiated- and not even relevant.
You mean much like the claims made about SFJ's members on SDN?
I can't speak for those because I rarely venture there. I want to make it clear that I don't condone such behavior, regardless of the source.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 am

LOL at threatening to sue people online

four channers who spend all day libeling and slandering the shit out of people better watch out!!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:37 am

Sothis wrote:Khas and Spacewizard were also quite keen to reach conclusions about Mike's personal life.
The only reason I even mentioned those things about the dildos on Wong's site is because I'D SEEN THAT PAGE WITH MY OWN EYES. I've also seen a page on Wong's site that says that women don't know jack shit about electronics, or anything about what men want really. The reason that I didn't bring the second one up later is because it's been taken down, ever since Queen Tamar Garish over at TK posted a link to it.

For the record, I never start rumors about people, and only spread them if they happen to be true. Like Wong advertizing dildos on his site.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 am

no point in responding to the guy khas,...he necroed a dead thread any ways..and made a thinly veiled threat

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Post by Sothis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:no point in responding to the guy khas,...he necroed a dead thread any ways..and made a thinly veiled threat
This is an outright lie- I did not threaten anyone, in any way- I merely pointed out that by making unsubstantiated claims about Mike, those making the claims were leaving the door open for action against them- I did not say I would take such action- I wouldn't- I merely pointed out it was possible.

Plus, the thread was not 'dead'. It was top of the page in this part of the forum and had been posted in just two days before I posted.

Look, perhaps my language was not clear and that's led to misinterpretations of what I meant.

A lot of you here don't like Mike. You don't like his style- fair enough. To be honest with you, I'm not a great lover of his style either- but that's irrelevant. This topic is not a popularity contest. It's about facts and figures, not analysing the personality of an opponent, which is what this thread appears to be all about- claims about Mike's personal life, his treatment of his wife... all one big ad homenein, if you ask me.

Besides, Mike's style of debating, whilst not I like, is one I can understand. If I had made a website, after painstakingly researching my topic, only to have numerous emails bringing up points already addressed on my site, along with hack threats, threats of violence, and even death threats (and lets not forget one well-publicised threat to Mike's wife and kids), then I'd probably not be so forgiving.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 am

I think that his style of debating has more to do with his attempts to replace canon with non-canon than anything else. And this one seems to have same view on debate as Wong:
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... stcount=32