AT-AT "maximum firepower" and Durasteel Threads?

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: AT-AT "maximum firepower" and Durasteel Threads?

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Don't do that.
You'll have to argue with warsies telling you that an ISD is largely armoured, much less around the bridge tower, and about little around the bridge itself.
Makes sense, eh?
Yea awsome ship design, the part of the ship with the entire comand and control staff not only has the weakest armour but almost always MASSIVE and very thin windows that are never covered even in battle....:O.

Apart from the fact it is not a ISD i assume that little assertion came from (you know where) in regards to the fact one ISD got its bridge tower knocked off by a asteroid and a SSD was crippled and caused to crash from an feeble A-wing smashing into the bridge at very low speed?.

I also like the fact that they bring out the E-E hitting shinzons ship and getting tore up in the front end as a example while ignoring that the SSD's tip barely hit the DS before it totally exploded...:).

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah, they tend to do that...

:-)

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Yeah, they tend to do that...

:-)
I always found it odd ppl focused on the neck of the galaxy class as a weak spot when it is thicker than a lot of places on the saucer and engineering sections.

Gotta love the warsie slagging off the cardassian ship cos of its single big beam weapon on the front and weaker weapons around the hull being a crap design...do you think he saw any of the movies with the Death Star in?....

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 am

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Don't do that.
You'll have to argue with warsies telling you that an ISD is largely armoured, much less around the bridge tower, and about little around the bridge itself.
Makes sense, eh?
Yea awsome ship design, the part of the ship with the entire comand and control staff not only has the weakest armour but almost always MASSIVE and very thin windows that are never covered even in battle....:O.

Apart from the fact it is not a ISD i assume that little assertion came from (you know where) in regards to the fact one ISD got its bridge tower knocked off by a asteroid and a SSD was crippled and caused to crash from an feeble A-wing smashing into the bridge at very low speed?.

I also like the fact that they bring out the E-E hitting shinzons ship and getting tore up in the front end as a example while ignoring that the SSD's tip barely hit the DS before it totally exploded...:).
They must have hit a natural pocket of gas or something.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:08 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Don't do that.
Makes sense, eh?

They must have hit a natural pocket of gas or something.

Well i think we can all testify to a considerable quantity of hot air in the EU..:).

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Don't do that.
Makes sense, eh?
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:Yea awsome ship design, the part of the ship with the entire comand and control staff not only has the weakest armour but almost always MASSIVE and very thin windows that are never covered even in battle....:O.

Mr. Oragahn wrote:They must have hit a natural pocket of gas or something.
Then they seriously need to look into new construction methods because every ship seems to have that problem.