Yo, Jedi Matt, Question about a post on SB.com...

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Yo, Jedi Matt, Question about a post on SB.com...

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:35 pm

What do you mean by:
Jedi Matt, at SB.com wrote:I am wondering around SFJ and that place is as bad as SDN!
???
As bad how?

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: Yo, Jedi Matt, Question about a post on SB.com...

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Praeothmin wrote:What do you mean by:
Jedi Matt, at SB.com wrote:I am wondering around SFJ and that place is as bad as SDN!
???
As bad how?
SFJ hardly bans people for posting in support of SW while SDN certainly does if you post in support of ST.

Abuse here is at a minimum while on SDN it is encouraged and frowned upon at the same time all depending on what side you are on.

New info is encouraged here while SDN either ignores or if you keep pointing it out punishes you for introducing it, obviously if it is in support of the preferred franchise it is welcomed.

We do not have private/hidden sections of our forum.

The fact is that with SDN the facts have already been decided upon and considered irrefutable before a discussion or debate even starts so even if you bring a wealth of material all you will get in return initially are old worn out arguments, followed by abuse and finally a ban that is normally for not accepting the afore mentioned old worn out arguments.

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:17 pm

As bad. Just in lurking mind you. But it's obvious that each side is biased towards Trek/Wars.

I actually could care less.

I joined here and have no desire to join SD.net.

I should actually apologize. SD is .. worse.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:As bad. Just in lurking mind you. But it's obvious that each side is biased towards Trek/Wars.

I actually could care less.

I joined here and have no desire to join SD.net.

I should actually apologize. SD is .. worse.
I have to say that i firast posted in regards to this subject on SDN as a total noob to any kind of forum, i did so mostly in support of ST and not knowing a great deal about a lot of the material for either side. As you can imagine i was treated to a barrage of abuse and to be honest all that did was make me even more determined to oppose the SDN posters and their opinions.

So i went from a casual not really caring sci fi fan who made a post to some one who dislikkes the steryotypical rabid warsie and who occasionally has too much time on my hands.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Ah, so it was in regards to both sides being bias. Well if it helps I for one support the position that both sides would utterly fail to make any progress in the war and would fight to either a short and sweet or long and bloody stalemate around whatever thing connects the two.

That said, Jar Jar and Wesley Crusher win and your side looses. ^_-

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:As bad. Just in lurking mind you. But it's obvious that each side is biased towards Trek/Wars.
Ah, in that case, yes, we are... :)

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Honestly. That's ok.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Although I do believe that, while expressing a certain Bias, we are, for the most part, less biased towards ST than SDN is towards SW...

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:39 pm

You haven't been around long enough yet. It will happen.

But anways. I promise not to troll and hate on ST, and be a good little poster here.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:54 am

Trinoya wrote:Ah, so it was in regards to both sides being bias. Well if it helps I for one support the position that both sides would utterly fail to make any progress in the war and would fight to either a short and sweet or long and bloody stalemate around whatever thing connects the two.

That said, Jar Jar and Wesley Crusher win and your side looses. ^_-
You know, Trinoya, you don't have to ask to use AVP's tagline.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 am

it's idiotic to keep bringing up crap that people say at other forums. you're going to make people feel like they have to be careful of what they say on the rest of the internet b/c someone may be watching. if you have a problem with what someone says on some other board, address it there rather than pointing it out here. deal with it yourself rather than trying to bring it to the entire board's attention so you get the dogpile effect. it's cowardly.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 am

mojo wrote:it's idiotic to keep bringing up crap that people say at other forums. you're going to make people feel like they have to be careful of what they say on the rest of the internet b/c someone may be watching. if you have a problem with what someone says on some other board, address it there rather than pointing it out here. deal with it yourself rather than trying to bring it to the entire board's attention so you get the dogpile effect. it's cowardly.
A lot of the posters here steadfastly refuse to actually post on SB. Some do, like l33telboi and Oragahn before he got the perma-ban. But most refuse because we at SBC are not logical and well-mannered enough.

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 am

I don't care. It's fine. I made an opinion and posted it. I know Mith, Mr. O and little boi are likely to see but it's ok.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:43 pm

I simply wanted a clarification about what he meant, just like Lucky wanted a clarification about what I meant at ASVS, and he gave it to me.
As far as I can tell, I didn't attack him for it or anything, and I wasn't aggressive at all...

You may think it's cowardly, mojo, and it's your right, but I don't share that belief...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
A lot of the posters here steadfastly refuse to actually post on SB. Some do, like l33telboi and Oragahn before he got the perma-ban. But most refuse because we at SBC are not logical and well-mannered enough.
SB posters to be fair once you break 'em they tend to listen. on CBR I had some really heated debates with two ardent SB'ers who defended wong and allot of the SB norms obsessively...'bout five months in after getting all that rage off..they mellowed out..

two of the best posters I ever did see..after that

you can't accomplish a mutual ground and basic respect with die hard DOW's although to be fair..guys like Rama and Leo on SB probably turn any one off from even trying