Yo, Jedi Matt, Question about a post on SB.com...

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Yo, Jedi Matt, Question about a post on SB.com...

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:die hard DOW's
What's a DOW?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
mojo wrote:it's idiotic to keep bringing up crap that people say at other forums. you're going to make people feel like they have to be careful of what they say on the rest of the internet b/c someone may be watching. if you have a problem with what someone says on some other board, address it there rather than pointing it out here. deal with it yourself rather than trying to bring it to the entire board's attention so you get the dogpile effect. it's cowardly.
A lot of the posters here steadfastly refuse to actually post on SB. Some do, like l33telboi and Oragahn before he got the perma-ban. But most refuse because we at SBC are not logical and well-mannered enough.
Airlocke, the reason some people here chose not to go to SBC is because of the very pro-Wars, pro-ICS mods who stifle any debate and encourage the likes of Ricey1, Leo1, and Point45's behavior. Other people simply only have enough time to one for one forum. It has little to do with logic or manners.
-Mike

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Admiral Breetai wrote:die hard DOW's
What's a DOW?
disciple of Wong

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am

Praeothmin wrote:I simply wanted a clarification about what he meant, just like Lucky wanted a clarification about what I meant at ASVS, and he gave it to me.
As far as I can tell, I didn't attack him for it or anything, and I wasn't aggressive at all...

You may think it's cowardly, mojo, and it's your right, but I don't share that belief...
but if all you wanted was clarification on what he meant on the other board, why didn't you ask him there, when you read it? what's the point of creating a new thread and copy/pasting the comment here? you're bringing a comment that seems down on sfj and posting it for all to see AT SFJ. that in itself is aggressive, because obviously sfj members are going to be disturbed by it, and react to it. and even if there is some perfectly sound reason that you couldn't ask him for clarification on a comment made in a thread on another board in that thread on that board, why not just ask him in a PM? it's hard NOT to see this as aggressive.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 pm

mojo wrote:but if all you wanted was clarification on what he meant on the other board, why didn't you ask him there, when you read it? what's the point of creating a new thread and copy/pasting the comment here? you're bringing a comment that seems down on sfj and posting it for all to see AT SFJ. that in itself is aggressive, because obviously sfj members are going to be disturbed by it, and react to it. and even if there is some perfectly sound reason that you couldn't ask him for clarification on a comment made in a thread on another board in that thread on that board, why not just ask him in a PM? it's hard NOT to see this as aggressive.
I didn't ask for clarification over there because, while I lurk, I don't post there...
I know he posts here, and so I wanted to know why someone who said he never posted at SDN but posted here, did it if we were "just as bad"...
And people here didn't jump at him, call him names or anything, and I didn't feel bad when Lucky did the same thing, which is what inspired me.
You may think it's aggressive, I disagree...

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 am

posting it was aggressive on your part. i note you didn't respond to 'why not just pm him'. you know it was aggressive. continued denial doesn't make it less so.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:
Airlocke_Jedi_Knight wrote:
mojo wrote:it's idiotic to keep bringing up crap that people say at other forums. you're going to make people feel like they have to be careful of what they say on the rest of the internet b/c someone may be watching. if you have a problem with what someone says on some other board, address it there rather than pointing it out here. deal with it yourself rather than trying to bring it to the entire board's attention so you get the dogpile effect. it's cowardly.
A lot of the posters here steadfastly refuse to actually post on SB. Some do, like l33telboi and Oragahn before he got the perma-ban. But most refuse because we at SBC are not logical and well-mannered enough.
Airlocke, the reason some people here chose not to go to SBC is because of the very pro-Wars, pro-ICS mods who stifle any debate and encourage the likes of Ricey1, Leo1, and Point45's behavior. Other people simply only have enough time to one for one forum. It has little to do with logic or manners.
-Mike
Not a valid response, in this case, considering that Praeothmin CLEARLY had the time to lurk, so why not take the ten seconds to post? Though, I do agree that this is clearly true in your case. Sorry for including you in a blanket statement.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

mojo wrote:posting it was aggressive on your part. i note you didn't respond to 'why not just pm him'. you know it was aggressive. continued denial doesn't make it less so.
And repeating it won't make it more true...
I didn't see anything agressive in Lucky's post to me, and I fail to see anything agressive here...
Not a valid response, in this case, considering that Praeothmin CLEARLY had the time to lurk, so why not take the ten seconds to post?
If Jedi Matt didn't even post here, I wouldn't even have asked the question.
I wanted to know what incited someone who said we were "just as bad as SDN" to post here when he doesn't post at SDN.
I guess i could have PMed him, but I didn't see anything bad about posting publicly about a public declaration he made, again, as I didn't feel bad about Lucky asking about my post at ASVS...

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:02 pm

We can chalk that up to difference of opinions, I think.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Yup, I agree... :)

And Jedi Matt, if you felt I was agressing you, I apologize, such was not my intention...