Mike you heretic!!!!!

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
The Dude
Jedi Knight

Re: Mike you heretic!!!!!

Post by The Dude » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Joined in '04 IIRC. On a six month sabbatical now though.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 pm

The Dude wrote:You mean like Destructionator XIII has been doing for the last few months?
What has he done?
I like the implication that we're all the same though, thanks, appreciate that.
I didn't imply such a thing. I precisely went to say the contrary:

"What I mean by SDNers is people who don't seem to ever leave that board for another board of the versusdom that precisely displays a different kind of mindset (so this excludes SBC for example)."

The fact that you, Aaron/Dude, came here, puts you out of this. You're quite an exception.

I initially typed "ever", but had a brain fart and thought I didn't type what I had in mind, so I edited the post and changed "ever" to "never", just to be sure it didn't make much sense. I won't edit it back to what it was, so what you read above is what I initially typed.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
What has he done?
Challenging the accepted numbers for Wars, I haven't read much of it, the math being beyond me but I chat with him on another board and he figures the numbers are around the level of Trek.

I didn't imply such a thing. I precisely went to say the contrary:

"What I mean by SDNers is people who don't seem to ever leave that board for another board of the versusdom that precisely displays a different kind of mindset (so this excludes SBC for example)."

The fact that you, Aaron/Dude, came here, puts you out of this. You're quite an exception.

I initially typed "ever", but had a brain fart and thought I didn't type what I had in mind, so I edited the post and changed "ever" to "never", just to be sure it didn't make much sense. I won't edit it back to what it was, so what you read above is what I initially typed.
My apologies then, reading comprehension isn't my strong suite. Brain no worky worky and all that.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 am

Aaron, if everyone involved in the the Versus debates was like you, it would be much more relaxed, entertaining, and there would have been more actual positivel progess made.

On that note, it looks like Ted's coming back to his senses, especially now that he's not gotten what he was looking for in that SDN thread.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 am

The Dude wrote:Joined in '04 IIRC. On a six month sabbatical now though.
I knew that, was just kidding...
I've always liked debating with you, even when we didn't agree, because you are not a stubborn fool, sometimes you agreed I was right, and sometimes you made me see things in a different way, but it never was a close-minded conversation with you...
Challenging the accepted numbers for Wars, I haven't read much of it, the math being beyond me but I chat with him on another board and he figures the numbers are around the level of Trek.
And how well has it gone for him so far? ;)

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Depends who he's talking to I think. Some folks are open to reconsidering things, others not so much. I don't read the threads in the VS section much to be honest, its kinda all the same stuff I've seen before.