SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
User1469
Padawan

Re: SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Post by User1469 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Except.. that.. hmmm we have an issue of Canon here. With Trek we have no such thing. Must we start to debate calcs?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 am

First of all, Hi dude!
Jedi Matt wrote:I think that's funny. Mith, Kittamaru and the other ilk, can't offer a shred of proof for most things. That's why they cry and run away. Most of the pro-Trekkies, don't post anymore proof than Sci-Fi-Fan or ricery1.
Mostly because they don't understand the meaning of proof.
Most Trekkies have left SBC for a very good reason. You'll see plenty of active discussions here, choke full of data to chew.

Sci-Fi Fan and Ricery1 are hardly people to present as reliable examples of ANY community whatsoever. Despite being a warsie, Ricery1 manages to be an embarrassment to his own side.
But please keep holding onto TDiC. That's laughable.
You know what? If you read this forum, which I know may take some time, so I'd suggest starting with our own TDIC threads, you'd see that most people just see this event as a big outlier and just rationalize it as something very unique, exceptional, perhaps hard to replicate and generally heavily relying on some specific conditions and technobabble.
Safe perhaps Picard, he is quite an outlier by himself! :) (no offense mate)
Btw. I didn't come here to troll. But when I see articles dedicated to SB warsie bashing I have to laugh at Mith and the rest.
Well I'm sorry but I think a lot of the remarks were pretty much legit. Some of the newer members may tend to get a little carried off, but seriously, in light of what's being criticized, it's negligible.
Now, since I know you're a nice fella in general, why don't you enjoy your stay and exchange thoughts? :)

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 am

R1, Sci-Fi Fan, (pro Wars) Mith. Element/zinc (pro trek) and littleboi (pro dummy) and deathmarine (pro 40k) are all idiots in general. Worthless really.

I care little about them. Wankers really and nothing more.

I like SW and ST, but hate when one side is just wanked to the highest degree.

But enough of that. I want to make a good impression.

Mr. O
I will enjoy my time here. Thank you :)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:R1, Sci-Fi Fan, (pro Wars) Mith. Element/zinc (pro trek) and littleboi (pro dummy) and deathmarine (pro 40k) are all idiots in general. Worthless really.
First, please no insults, since they are not here to defend themselves and it is against board rules... :)

Second, I fail to see how L3ttleBoi can be considered equal to Ricery1 and Zinc...
Would you have examples?
Because I can say that in debates between l3ttleBoi and Leo1, for example, Leo1 wasn't the best debater or proof poster of the two, and as far as wankers go, he's pretty up there...

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 pm

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthre ... 860&page=5

Some stuff from him.
First off he doesn't know the exact numbers, so he assumes logically.
Which in other words we call that lying through your teeth.

He really doesn't know all too much about the Vong, but is quite willing to make his own assumptions up as he goes along. Mod calls him out and he leaves never to return.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Um, I see a long discussion, him bringing up sources, people handwaving and so on. Mods calling people out who aren't pro-Wars on SB.com? Wow that's a big suprise. But I don't see even that happening at all there, unless I missed something.
-Mike

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

*rolleyes*

He was wrong/lying about nearly everything he said about the Yuuzhan Vong. Like literally. Nothing less. Assumptions about numbers, fleet sizes, weapon ranges and whatnot without giving a darn about what we have seen in novels. That's called lying. Maybe it's different here.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Sci Fi fan is..pretty insane and I've caught him lying a few times in debates

I'll leave it at that

i will say this there is no basis in the movies to support EU fire power or rather what the pro wars side wishes

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Agreed. SFF is.. just.. insane. Can't stand the guy.

He lies about lying. Than lies to cover it up.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:*rolleyes*

He was wrong/lying about nearly everything he said about the Yuuzhan Vong. Like literally. Nothing less. Assumptions about numbers, fleet sizes, weapon ranges and whatnot without giving a darn about what we have seen in novels. That's called lying. Maybe it's different here.
No, it's not, but he did cite sources which were also ignored, and did state, quite correctly I might add, that the "Tens of Thousands" of ships were not neccessarily the biggest the Vong can built.
I don't agree with everything he posted, but he was, IMO, a lot more honest then Vespasian...

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:Agreed. SFF is.. just.. insane. Can't stand the guy.

guy provides his own math..and its usually mind bogglingly underpowered for wars but presents it as the other way around

it must be frustrating arguing on the same side as a guy who's liable to tank his own argument and make every around him look kinda silly by proxy

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Safe perhaps Picard, he is quite an outlier by himself! :) (no offense mate)
No offense taken, but I have dismissed TDIC as DET event quite some time ago, except maybe as counterweapon to some Warsie claims.

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:
Jedi Matt wrote:Agreed. SFF is.. just.. insane. Can't stand the guy.

guy provides his own math..and its usually mind bogglingly underpowered for wars but presents it as the other way around

it must be frustrating arguing on the same side as a guy who's liable to tank his own argument and make every around him look kinda silly by proxy
Why don't you actually provide evidence, instead of sniping at me from a distance? Like, make a case. Find quotes, find evidence, find anything to support your case.

You too, Jedi Matt. If you're a mod, you should only be doing what is essentially bashing me if I broke a forum rule. I haven't. Instead, you seem to have some grudge against me, but have neither on this forum nor the other provided a single shred of evidence to support your case. None. None.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

So you're the guy posting all these one-sided threads where you 've already made sure that SW usually comes out on top... :)

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Puhleaz

Boy your nothing but a dirty wanker and a troll. Your also an idiot who doesn't back your claims very well either.