SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Did a related website in the community go down? Come back up? Relocate to a new address? Install pop-up advertisements?

This forum is for discussion of these sorts of issues.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: SW Firepower debate on SB.com

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Sir!
My sensors indicate that they are all fully mobilized and busy trying to crack the extremely complex and baffling cipher Zinc uses to fool SBC's black ices and come with multiple level-8 statiochronical identities, which I may say he uses with great cunning... in order to win what appears to be a race against IQ45 and Dickery1, in who posts the more nonsensical and asinine claims, I believe.
Please, Mr. O, no insults here ok?
While I do not think they are the best debaters out there, the rules here are clear.
Plus, they are not here to defend themselves...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah well... 45 has done it again. He's claiming kiloton levels for Slave-I's blasters from the asteroid chase scene in AOTC.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Yeah well... 45 has done it again. He's claiming kiloton levels for Slave-I's blasters from the asteroid chase scene in AOTC.
He will be trolling the weapons ranges thread next....

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=174716

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Let me guess, he's claiming that every little flack burst is a vaporized asteroid... because he can't seriously say that the two 12-14 meter long asteroids were vaped, since it is obvious that they were merely shattered.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Yeah well... 45 has done it again. He's claiming kiloton levels for Slave-I's blasters from the asteroid chase scene in AOTC.
He will be trolling the weapons ranges thread next....

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=174716
No, but attack dog Vympie's on the case!
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Let me guess, he's claiming that every little flack burst is a vaporized asteroid... because he can't seriously say that the two 12-14 meter long asteroids were vaped, since it is obvious that they were merely shattered.
-Mike
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=966

He claims that flak is melted and vaporized asteroids. Never does he even check if the asteroids he's imagining are large enough to warrant kiloton level vaporized asteroids.
He just doesn't even bother proving how he get KT yields.
How can you make more asinine claims? It's like the total rewind Leo tried against me back in 2007.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:Let me guess, he's claiming that every little flack burst is a vaporized asteroid... because he can't seriously say that the two 12-14 meter long asteroids were vaped, since it is obvious that they were merely shattered.
-Mike
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showpost ... tcount=966

He claims that flak is melted and vaporized asteroids. Never does he even check if the asteroids he's imagining are large enough to warrant kiloton level vaporized asteroids.
He just doesn't even bother proving how he get KT yields.
How can you make more asinine claims? It's like the total rewind Leo tried against me back in 2007.
This is .45 the guy/girl who randomly made yellow circles on Acclamator pictures, and claimed they were quad turbolasers.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:09 am

That's a rhetorical question, I imagine. Of course it's the same person. Were this a Trekkie doing this, he'd likely have been banned a long, long time ago by SBC's mods.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:That's a rhetorical question, I imagine. Of course it's the same person. Were this a Trekkie doing this, he'd likely have been banned a long, long time ago by SBC's mods.
-Mike
I think it's turning into a shitstorm on all fronts. The technical forum is supposed to be a polite forum, but I can't recall seeing such a concentration of insults per post.
45 gives the impression that he's debating, but on certain points he will just quote you and repeat himself, essentially feeding his monologue.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Honestly, assuming Point45 is not a sock puppet for a mod or someone else, I really have to wonder why this guy is still being allowed to go on like he is. At least this is the first time in a while I've seen such a majority of users on SBC turn on a pro-Wars (pro-ICS) person. But I really wonder what Point's goal is. Is he trying to shut down another thread where the sacred ICS is being questioned? Is he just trolling for reactions? It certainly cannot be because he really believes what he/she/it is spouting off.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:44 am

Frankly, I don't know. His inability to formulate proper sentences at times, and the sheer stupidity of certain points he makes has me thinking he really believes the nonsense he's arguing for. What's different from 45 being honest about his stupid positions and other warsies continuing to refer to the ICS/ITW figures these days, at SBC or SDN?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 am

Ironanvil1 wrote:Behold the Mk43 Neutronium UberHammer!

Each time you use this marvel of home improvement technology, tachyon actuators accessing a subspace power-tap amplify the force of your swing, inverting the particle wave and enabling it to impart up to 9.73 Petatons of energy to each tap of the hammer.

As everyone knows, the Strong AI system in the UberHammer is capable of analysing a targeted nail "on the fly" in less than a picosecond, adjusting the force output to the last micro-joule, only utilising it's full capacity when it recognises patented Adamantium EternaNails*, which of course, due to their neutrino absorbing positive interphase energy buffers, require precisely 9.73 Petatons to be imparted in order to be inserted into a common piece of wood.

So exact is the AI's power calibration that, to the untrained observer, it would appear that the workman was merely using a normal hammer and nails, rather than the technological wonder that is the UberHammer, but of course, such primitive technology no longer exists, with every workman in the universe now solely utilising the Mk43 UberHammer and EternaNails in any construction project, however basic.

*Please Note: Removal of incorrectly inserted EternaNails may require disassembly of surrounding planetary body. Please check catalogue under DSII Nail Remover for recommended equipment.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Already a classic. :D
It's about any silly wank in a nutshell, but just so fits SW's own type.

User1469
Padawan

Post by User1469 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Trinoya wrote:I've been following with mild interest. The simple fact that Ricery hasn't been outright banned for some of his claims is laughable and has turned me off from posting on SB.com.

My personal favorite claims from Ricery are in regards to TDiC as being a single digit kiloton event and then turning around and claiming knife spitting ranges (completely oblivious to the fact that in order for his prior arguments in the same post in regards to TDiC to have any validity at all that he would need to accept the weapon ranges demonstrated)... It's laughable as to how obviouslly bias he is to the point of claiming petaton weapons for starwars...

Yeah.. Maybe when the community is a bit less anti trek and stargate I'll go over... but as it stands I've been seeing the anti-trek trend returning...

I don't actually blame the moderators there.. I've noticed a few of them, even thannatos, commenting on some of the absurdity since it was too much for even them...
They have a couple of warsies they ban but they are more token warsies that they do it too along with several trek supporters. The main warsies like leo1 and a few others never or hardly ever recieve a ban even though they break the rules considerably more than most of the trek posters who get banned.

The system is:

1. Ask for proof from trekkie.

2. Deny validity of proof from trekkie when its given.

3. Demand more proof.

4. Deny validity of more proof if its given.

5. Keep repeating until no more proof is given.

6. Get moderator to ban trekkie for not supporting claims by providing proof demanded by Leo1 and crew...

They do it a lot so you have to attack their claims of it not being proof from the start cos if you do not you essentiall hand over what is or is not "proof" to them. It is how SDN operates actually as they disalow any material that contradicts them instead of addressing it and having to refute it.
I think that's funny. Mith, Kittamaru and the other ilk, can't offer a shred of proof for most things. That's why they cry and run away. Most of the pro-Trekkies, don't post anymore proof than Sci-Fi-Fan or ricery1.

Mostly because they don't understand the meaning of proof.

But please keep holding onto TDiC. That's laughable.

Btw. I didn't come here to troll. But when I see articles dedicated to SB warsie bashing I have to laugh at Mith and the rest.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Jedi Matt wrote:But please keep holding onto TDiC. That's laughable.
Almost as, equal to, or funnier than believing the ICS is valid and shows true SW yields?

;)